FORUM FEEDBACK

Ok...I just tried attaching some images. I think they are getting rejected due to dimension not size (larger than 1920 x 1080p) even though they are under 1MB. Let me know if that is the case in your scenario.

Not sure if the function should be working that way. Let me investigate...if that is the new behavior, I will make the acceptable dimension size larger.

I know you used to have 1920x1080 as a hard limit previously but with resolutions getting higher that's probably impractical when people need to post screenshots at native res when trying to do subjective analysis when troubleshooting issues etc

Ok...I just tried attaching some images. I think they are getting rejected due to dimension not size (larger than 1920 x 1080p) even though they are under 1MB. Let me know if that is the case in your scenario.

Not sure if the function should be working that way. Let me investigate...if that is the new behavior, I will make the acceptable dimension size larger.

Thanks, that's probably it as they are casual screen grabs. One file appears to be 1918 x 1086, and another is 1919 x 1088 so they are just over the line. Sounds like if I reduce them in size they should be fine. I'll report back if that's not the case. Thanks again!

BTW, I'm also experiencing another issue where I get logged off unexpectedly while composing posts. I have "stay logged in" checked but it seems to make no difference. I've been wondering if others are encountering this issue.

BTW, I'm also experiencing another issue where I get logged off unexpectedly while composing posts. I have "stay logged in" checked but it seems to make no difference. I've been wondering if others are encountering this issue.

haven't seen that here at all, I access from 4 different devices, 2 x Win10 64bit PC's using Chrome, 2 x Android using Tapatalk

Until I can find a fix, I removed the dimension limit on photos and set the max file size at 2MB.

The disconnects are likely due to some server issues over the last few days. When attempting some fixes, a "restart" of the web server is required. Takes about a second to restart but that could cause a disconnect if it happens in the middle of a post. Can you message me right after it happens again...then I will know if it was random or if it was due to a change being implemented or restart.

Until I can find a fix, I removed the dimension limit on photos and set the max file size at 2MB.

The disconnects are likely due to some server issues over the last few days. When attempting some fixes, a "restart" of the web server is required. Takes about a second to restart but that could cause a disconnect if it happens in the middle of a post. Can you message me right after it happens again...then I will know if it was random or if it was due to a change being implemented or restart.

Thanks!

In the meantime I reduced the sizes of the photos and I was able to upload them.

As for the unexpected log-offs I was wondering if the entirely revamped new version 57.04 of Firefox might be contributing to the problem. I've had some quirky behavior on other sites as well.

I've also tried to capture screen shots of some of the weird error messages I've seen pop up. In fact, here is one I got yesterday when I suddenly couldn't post to a thread. I didn't do anything other than hit "Post Reply".

error.png

Last edited:
@DashCamMan, Interesting timing as just I stepped away from my computer briefly and got logged off again unexpectedly. When I returned this is the error message I got.
I needed to log in again to access this page.

error2.png

Thanks for sharing. I didn't do anything to the server during that time. Will need to investigate. I wonder if others are getting that.

Is XenForo using any IP logging per account? If (I know the chances are very slim) you are using a shared connection, example VPN, and both or more of you visit the site, this can happen. Though i might be very far off, just the two errors shown resemble something similar to something I seen before.

Is XenForo using any IP logging per account? If (I know the chances are very slim) you are using a shared connection, example VPN, and both or more of you visit the site, this can happen. Though i might be very far off, just the two errors shown resemble something similar to something I seen before.

No VPN or shared connection on my end here.

Thinking it's FF bugs. Old FF version 52.5.3 on W8.1 working fine (except a few server drops).
I do recall reading somewhere that the new FF has some extensive changes so I'm waiting the development out.

Phil

For the image issue, I believe this is corrected now. You can attach images with as many as 30,000,000 pixels (i.e. 6000p x 5000p) upto 5MB file size. The forum will automatically resize it down to 1920p width and if the resized image is less than 2MB it will allow it.

Non photo attachments are limited to 2MB.

For the image issue, I believe this is corrected now. You can attach images with as many as 30,000,000 pixels (i.e. 6000p x 5000p) upto 5MB file size. The forum will automatically resize it down to 1920p width and if the resized image is less than 2MB it will allow it.

Non photo attachments are limited to 2MB.

Nice! Sometimes when I posted a 1080P VLC screen shot in the past it was a touch over the old limit and would say it’s too big. (A crap shoot). I had to use Imgur or other.

Good to know it will Always work now.

I get the same whole sentence spellcheck thingy DM also get ( both of us using firefox latest official version 57.0.4 i assume ) but the disconnection he talk about i have not seen here.

Nice with posting pics, i find using google pictures to share are somewhat stupid, making me whonder why google cant make such a simple thing work good.
I have no plans posting +20 mpix pictures from my Nikon.

The spellcheck issues I mentioned earlier remain (including full-sentence marking for one error). I refreshed my old version of FF to no avail, and this problem is happening only on DCT.

Phil

Does this describe the spellcheck issue:

If a sentence contains spelling mistakes, the words are often marked as such briefly, and then cleared again. Sometimes they will be re-marked as errors. Other times that won't happen until you add a few line breaks. Generally after adding a line break, the words are now correctly marked as errors.

https://github.com/froala/wysiwyg-editor/issues/2345

If so, it is a known bug with the html editor in Xenforo when used with Firefox 56 or Firefox 57.

I know there have been a couple of niggles since the update but overall I like the latest version, I'd say it's a very positive improvement

Does this describe the spellcheck issue:

If a sentence contains spelling mistakes, the words are often marked as such briefly, and then cleared again. Sometimes they will be re-marked as errors. Other times that won't happen until you add a few line breaks. Generally after adding a line break, the words are now correctly marked as errors.

https://github.com/froala/wysiwyg-editor/issues/2345

If so, it is a known bug with the html editor in Xenforo when used with Firefox 56 or Firefox 57.

Sometimes when composing a post I will misspell a word and suddenly the entire post will be flagged as if all the words in the whole thing are misspelled. This seems to happen randomly with no apparent rhyme or reason. Often, clicking somewhere in the post will clear it or right clicking on the misspelled word to allow my dictionary to spell correct the word will clear the whole post.

Back