Blueskysea B1W dashcam

Do I need a voltage cutoff for my hard wire kit? I only drive my car a couple times a week and I'm worried that the hard wire kit suggested by estore009 will deplete my car battery.

Do you want the camera to turn on and off with the car? If you do, then you don't need a voltage cut-off. Just wire the kit into an accessory fuse (shuts off with the ignition).

Do you want the camera to turn on and off with the car? If you do, then you don't need a voltage cut-off. Just wire the kit into an accessory fuse (shuts off with the ignition).

No, I want to take advantage of the parking mode. estore009 recommended this kit:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/131229994547
If the parking mode is continually running, I'll probably go with a power magic pro

I wouldn't get that one if you want to use parking mode. The voltage cut-off on these basic kits are usually too low <12V.

aside from that they also don't have very stable output, the voltage can fluctuate a lot, to the point where it will kill some cameras

I wouldn't get that one if you want to use parking mode. The voltage cut-off on these basic kits are usually too low <12V.

I take it the one you don't recommend is the basic one linked, not the PMP? Any other hard wire kits that you might recommend?

For parking mode use, the PMP or VicoVation Power Plus would be good.

I have been searching but can anyone tell me the INPUT voltage of the B1W dashcam? Is it 5v or 12v?
I am thinking it is 5v but the reason I ask is because I was looking at hard wire kits.
I have read the Power Magic Pro has an output of between 12v to 24v - or am I incorrect?
Power Magic Pro manual
whereas this hard wire adapter has an output of 5v.

Last edited:
I am currently using a hard wire adapter similar this. This is the hard wire adapter I used with my G1WC camera and is rated as 5v output.
It has a mini USB but I have purchased one of these USB adapters to convert it to micro USB suitable for my B1W and this works very well.
So, I am assuming the B1W camera has an input voltage of 5v not 12v

USB powered cameras are 5V
Yes, this is what I thought, but the control box output of the Power Magic Pro is between 12 and 24v therefore the female cigarette socket must have a voltage reducer from 12/24v to 5v - but the male cigarette plug adapter that comes with the B1W camera also has a voltage reducer to 5v.

Yes, this is what I thought, but the control box output of the Power Magic Pro is between 12 and 24v therefore the female cigarette socket must have a voltage reducer from 12/24v to 5v - but the male cigarette plug adapter that comes with the B1W camera also has a voltage reducer to 5v.

the power magic pro just outputs whatever it sees on the input, 24v in = 24v out, 12v in = 12v out, there is no voltage conversion, it's just power management for low voltage and timer, the cig plug adapter of whatever camera you're using has the step down voltage circuitry and plugs into the female lighter socket on the PMP

Hello, I'm thinking about buying this camera. Can someone please clarify this:
Is the bracket/pad that is glued to the windshield removable from the rest of the camera?
I don't want to leave the camera mounted when parked, tempting scum to break into my car.

Hello, I'm thinking about buying this camera. Can someone please clarify this:
Is the bracket/pad that is glued to the windshield removable from the rest of the camera?
I don't want to leave the camera mounted when parked, tempting scum to break into my car.

It's on a small plastic mount so yes, it is fully removable.

Yes the camera slide and click into the mount glued to the windscreen.
I do think with daily use this system too will see some wear and so might develop vibrations in the bond between the 2 parts.
But this should be fixable with a little DIY work, a drop here and there or super glue will harden and again make the bond between the 2 parts solid, i also think some have put tape to use to fill a gap and so make the connection firm again.

Pretty much any quick release camera will run into such problems with frequent use.

Back