First Huawei, now Hikvision

M Basta

Reaction score
Country
United States
US Army officials say they replaced five Chinese-made surveillance cameras from Fort Leonard Wood, a base in Missouri, in response to news stories about the company that manufactures them. The five cameras were made by Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Company, which is 42 percent owned by the Chinese government and is just one of several Chinese firms facing greater scrutiny by American officials.

Just this week, Representative Michael Conaway introduced a new bill that would ban the US government from doing business with any service providers that use devices made by Huawei or ZTE, both Chinese companies. In 2012, Huawei’s telecom equipment was “effectively banned” in the US after lawmakers suggested it could be used to spy on Americans. Perhaps more relevantly, the Journal itself highlighted security concerns about Hikvision cameras in November.

https://gizmodo.com/army-base-ditches-chinese-made-surveillance-cameras-jus-1822035268

...just read that many chinese companies have a connection to the chinese communist party-For espionage? If you partner with a company in China it will retain some of your company's intellectual property, and controlling shares. Communists are untrustworthy-stalin ordered the reverse-engineered Tu-4 bomber from a B-29 that landed in Russian far east territory during WWII!

Last edited by a moderator:
Huawei pretty much the brand on much of digital infrastructure here, at least when it come to wireless.
https://www.huawei.eu/blog/glimpse-future-denmark

I am sure a network buff could quickly determine if there are some data going to where its not supposed to go, or there are some kind of backdoor.
I am also pretty sure Denmark have not considered this one bit as Danish gooberment are pretty much 100% inept when it come to IT and what not, and even factoring in that we are one of the most digital countries in the world in regard to public adoption of digital services.

Only a few Danes like myself get regular mail from any public branch, the rest have just swallowed the digital stuff forced down their throat.

Danish hospitals have just adopted a American system, so bad designed that American doctors have to use "Clickers" to fill in stuff, we Danes dont do that so now a lot of a doctors time go by punching a keyboard instead of making people better.
The system was implemented to streamline things, but that's not how it work so again we get less for more. :rolleyes::mad:(n)

Richard Clarke, the former National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection and Counter-terrorism for the United States who worked under the administrations of George H.W. Bush, Clinton, and Bush W. claimed back in 2012 that there is evidence that ALL Chinese made electronics may be bugged. He claims that these traps may be hidden in every device, from your iPhone and Android phones to every iPad, laptop and computer. "Even your TVs or anything else made in China". Some accuse him of being self serving with such claims but he showed a great deal of integrity during his many years in public service. Clarke came to widespread public attention for his role as counter-terrorism czar in the Clinton and Bush administrations and was sharply critical of the Bush administration's attitude toward counter-terrorism before the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

https://gizmodo.com/5897493/all-chi...ugged-says-former-head-of-us-counterterrorism

Non-recognition of the danger the 9/11 islamic terrorists posed was caused by Bill Clinton's failure as President to protect the American people! Bush had no culpability in that occurance although some news media inferred that!!

...just read that many chinese companies have a connection to the chinese communist party-For espionage?
Presumably a lot of USA companies have a connection with one or other of the US political parties too, doesn't mean it is for espionage reasons!
I believe the coal miners were supporting Trump, because it was in their interest to do so. In China, if you want to have some political influence in the same way that the USA coal minors have achieved then there is only one political party worth supporting - the Communist party. It is also true that a lot of companies are part owned by the government in some way, but that is for historical reasons, not for espionage, at one time all Chinese companies were 100% state owned, but that was a long time ago now.

If you partner with a company in China it will retain some of your company's intellectual property, and controlling shares.
You can blame the World Trade Organisation (WTO) for that, it is all done under WTO rules, over which the USA had a lot of influence, it is about time those rules were changed since the status of China in the world has changed hugely since the rules were drawn up.

Communists are untrustworthy-stalin ordered the reverse-engineered Tu-4 bomber from a B-29 that landed in Russian far east territory during WWII!
The Chinese economy is definitely not a communist system these days!

Huawei pretty much the brand on much of digital infrastructure here, at least when it come to wireless.
https://www.huawei.eu/blog/glimpse-future-denmark

I am sure a network buff could quickly determine if there are some data going to where its not supposed to go, or there are some kind of backdoor.
I am also pretty sure Denmark have not considered this one bit as Danish gooberment are pretty much 100% inept when it come to IT and what not, and even factoring in that we are one of the most digital countries in the world in regard to public adoption of digital services.

Only a few Danes like myself get regular mail from any public branch, the rest have just swallowed the digital stuff forced down their throat.

Danish hospitals have just adopted a American system, so bad designed that American doctors have to use "Clickers" to fill in stuff, we Danes dont do that so now a lot of a doctors time go by punching a keyboard instead of making people better.
The system was implemented to streamline things, but that's not how it work so again we get less for more. :rolleyes::mad:(n)
Government can't manage mayhem or even chaos, let alone healthcare and offer, as a few of our liberal states do, assisted suicide when their central planning healthcare fails!

Last edited by a moderator:
Non-recognition of the danger the 9/11 islamic terrorists posed was caused by Bill Clinton's failure as President to protect the American people! Bush had no culpability in that occurance although some news media inferred that!!

Clarke was actually highly critical of both administrations in regard to the events of 9/11. Both the Clinton and Bush administrations dropped the ball in regard to Al-Queda and bin Laden.

Last edited:
Presumably a lot of USA companies have a connection with one or other of the US political parties too, doesn't mean it is for espionage reasons!
I believe the coal miners were supporting Trump, because it was in their interest to do so. In China, if you want to have some political influence in the same way that the USA coal minors have achieved then there is only one political party worth supporting - the Communist party. It is also true that a lot of companies are part owned by the government in some way, but that is for historical reasons, not for espionage, at one time all Chinese companies were 100% state owned, but that was a long time ago now.

You can blame the World Trade Organisation (WTO) for that, it is all done under WTO rules, over which the USA had a lot of influence, it is about time those rules were changed since the status of China in the world has changed hugely since the rules were drawn up.

The Chinese economy is definitely not a communist system these days!
Duh! Of course it is!!!

There have been many instances of hacking our bank and other data bases attributed to both Russian and Chinese hackers! Expand your info. sources!!

It is my firm belief that a lot are hidden for the majority of people, as people are stupid panicky animals and cant handle the truth.

The cops i spoke to last Sunday due to the lady falling off the building, i asked them so how are your new "Bifrost" radio system working, they said fine at least people cant listen to us talking, i said no why would people need that now, you are now all little radio beacons and people like that dont need to hear what you say, they just need to know where you are,,,, and they know that as you are all little radio beacons with the Bifrost system.

They was like o_Oo_Oo_O and i was like :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: do you really thing smart people some of them criminals are as IT inept as gooberment branches are ?? you guys will always be on the hind leg in that game.
As the penetration of your IT system ( too ) not long ago also prove, and dont you think it will not happen again.

All my Hikvision cameras have no internet access and likewise are not accessible from internet - problem solved.

I don't think the problem is even there, Google has more info on most people, never mind what's on the average cell phone, social media etc

Assuming that Chinese made electonics indeed have the ability to spy on people via smartphones, tablets, CCTV cameras, smart TVs, routers or other common devices, I don't think the average consumer is their target. Nevertheless, scientists, researchers, industrial engineers, corporate management, investment managers, infrastructure workers, politicians, governmental officials, bureaucrats, law enforcement and national security personnel, military, etc., who also make use of many of these same devices could potentially be quite vulnerable.

Anyone who let's their surveillance equipment talk to outside and be accessible from internet is asking for trouble.

Arnt it the same guys ( in America ) that demand back doors in just about anything just in case it was used for terror ?

I guess getting beaten at your own game are never fun.

Anyone who let's their surveillance equipment talk to outside and be accessible from internet is asking for trouble.

Even with WPA3 on the horizon :) and Skype going to end 2 end encryption from Signal

you can get onto my cctv cameras as i have their wifi router open for my tablet, but really i couldent care less if some one looked at them cuz i have no inward facing cameras, so no footage to surface on the shady side of the internet of a butt naked fat guy running around in a apartment :giggle:
I would dislike if someone went in that way and fooked up my router or NVR offcourse.

Last edited:
True, but these days with networked IP cameras it's awfully tempting to be able to access CCTV coverage from a mobile device.

I access our warehouse cameras from mobile, don't have an issue if the Chinese government wants to have a look in and keep an eye on things

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lacibaci Home Security, Surveillance Cameras, IP Cams, CCTV 7
Back