Xiaomi 70mai 70 Minutes Smart WiFi DVR dash camera video review

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, looks like /r/dashcam banned youtube videos so this is the only place I will be posting my reviews to for now on! Anyways, gearbest sent me the 70 minutes/70mai dash cam from Xiaomi. It is a ridiculously cheap ($36 USD) dash cam with wifi and a smart phone app, and a surprisingly elegant and appealing design.

This cam has a sony imx323 although compared to other cams with the same image sensor it seems to be on the lower end.

The real plus is this cam has WiFi and a decent smart phone app. For $36 this is a great deal for a well built camera considering the price. The main downside is the cam DOES have audio alerts but they are in chinese. I saw someone else on youtube with an english speaking model but I don't know where that one comes from.

Check out my video review below:

yep fine now

just feedback but the audio is really low on this one, the voice recordings at the start are ok but it gets quiet as soon as you start speaking

yep fine now

just feedback but the audio is really low on this one, the voice recordings at the start are ok but it gets quiet as soon as you start speaking
strange, because i turned up the audio recording all the way up this time. sounded fine on my computer.

maybe i just have weird hearing because ive had people tell me before the videos are too quite, but when i watch on my computer it sounds about the same as all the other videos on youtube. and I always get annoyed by people having the tv volume up too high lol.

I also have a quiet audio in comparison with very loud notifications in Chinese

Thanks for the review but you should never compare a camera which is recording on snow with any other camera.
The reviews about brightess on snow roads are just not valid.
I can take a cheap camera with AR0330 and record on snow and when comparing it with the great IMX291 on clean roads I can say the the AR0330 is better low light than a Sony Starvis and prove with image.
You are a very good forum user, I appreciate your reviews, I like them, but please in the future not make the same mistake because people are listening to you as a professional guy.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks for the review but you should never compare a camera which is recording on snow with any other camera.
The reviews about brightess on snow roads are just not valid.
I can take a cheap camera with AR0330 and record on snow and when comparing it with the great IMX291 on clean roads I can say the the AR0330 is better low light than a Sony Starvis and prove with image.
You are a very good forum user, I appreciate your reviews, I like them, but please in the future not make the same mistake because people are listening to you as a professional guy.

enjoy,
Mtz
I understand your criticism but I was comparing it side by side with another camera. I didn't include the footage because I was trying to keep my video short as my channels statistics show majority of people only watch about 10 min. I'm always on the fence about showing head to head stuff and typically only do when it's a very similar camera and price like the a119 vs c1 pro.

And I live in Minnesota we have snow often October to April. We've had blizzards in June before. I don't think it's really fair to say I shouldn't use footage with snow unless you think I should just not upload videos 4-6 months of the year lol. One hundred million plus people in my country also have snowy Winters and the night performance will be like mine. That is the fact of my life and where I live.

I do see your point tho and I will make sure to make people aware the snow affects the brightness levels for now on in night footage and may not be what they get from non snowy climates.

Back