Hardware kit- genuine or aftermarket

JonCoopaWorx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title suggests, is there any benefit to getting the genuine Nextbase kit? I’ve seen quite a few aftermarket ones

Can you recommend one? Last thing I want is a fire hazard!

honestly for whatever it's worth you're better off just buying their one, if you buy some other model and it fries the camera you have a lot more to lose, use their one and they can't deny warranty due to power related issues if it's their power supply, some of the ones in the market are really bad, even some of the popular ones

if you're on a budget and just want to hardwire to a switched circuit to avoid using your cig socket so that it's free for other devices then just wiring in a female cig socket and plugging the included car charger into that is a better option than a lot of the aftermarket power supplies

depends how good you are at shopping around.... I don't have a nextbase cam, but I managed to pick up a genuine nextbase hardwire kit for under a tenner brand new. (I believe they're £19.99 usually)

I'm sure many people know where you can get decent aftermarket ones for a few quid, but the nextbase one doesn't require any splicing of wires or anything like that, its all plug and play into ready-made "sockets" on the wires, which is why me and my fat fingers went for that one!

depends how good you are at shopping around.... I don't have a nextbase cam, but I managed to pick up a genuine nextbase hardwire kit for under a tenner brand new. (I believe they're £19.99 usually)

for that price I wouldn't even think about saving a small amount for an unknown product

Nor me, made by Nextbase for Nextbase.

Back