Nextbase 412GW Micro SD Cards

townfan63

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
San Disk High Endurance is the only correct card for the job on your list , I got a 64GB from Curry's and they price matched it against Amazon .

San Disk High Endurance is the only correct card for the job on your list , I got a 64GB from Curry's and they price matched it against Amazon .

That's good to know about Currys.

I'll give them a try tonight although I'm only getting a 32GB as that should hold about 44 3 minute recordings before it needs to over-write them.

Thanks for that info. I take it you have a Nextbase and have used yours in that? What model?

I've a DDPai , in normal 25 f/s it will use 50.3 GB in 12 hrs and time lapse 1 f/s in 24 hrs 8.84 GB .

So I went with the 64 GB so I could record in the 25 f/s which has sound , over night in a not so familiar area .

Also a 64 GB will be more durable as half the overwrites than 32 .

My father has a Nextbase but I laugh at it as it does this..

20171207_133716.jpg

I originally went with a Carphone Warehouse Samsung EVO + but returned it when I found out in the online Samsung warranty detail they're warranty void if used in dash cam , so returned it being 'not fit for purpose' .

Absolutely daft they don't have the info on the packaging .

More info here... High Endurance... MLC Nand...

Thanks for that @Gazwould, I'm going to bite the bullet and go for the SanDisk High Endurance 64GB. I'll get it tonight from Currys and see how it goes and report back.

The video was interesting/useful and the Transcend was another brand I'd heard as being suitable but as they don't do those in Currys, San Disk it is :)

By the way, I use one of the adhesive mounts that @NextBase Tiffany suggested and have had no issues yet but then it is early days.

I showed him a few weeks ago , he's not interested , old people won't be told..

Like I was telling him he was a heart attack waiting to happen... a double bypass later..

Pop over a PM with when and where it was purchased and we can see what we can arrange, it's no good dangling like that!

I know Nextbase favours Sandisk but I'm certain the Transcend 400x is also a perfectly suitable card, for any dashcam

It's obviously going to take some time , I've come across this before , decades old thinking , band wagon , a little more complicated , but the penny dropped !

This is much simpler , High Endurance = MLC Nand....

It's obviously going to take some time , I've come across this before , decades old thinking , band wagon , a little more complicated , but the penny dropped !

??

Update - the purchase of a new (and genuine) San Disk High Endurance 64GB card sorted out my problems. The old card (from eBay was definitely a fake - learned a lot the last day or so about these cards).
Thanks to @Gazwould, @NextBase Tiffany and @DashcamDPR

Back