RHUNDO RS-20 3-Way Car Cigarette Lighter Splitter + 2 USB with REMOTE TOUCH SENSOR Switch Panel

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
EDIT:
New / Latest 2018 Model RHUNDO RS-20S / RS-20ST can be found from HERE
.......................................................................................................................

Designed in Korea by STYLISHWIZ which is Korea's prominent automotive accessory designer.

RHUNDO is a premium brand that focuses on providing upscale, high quality automotive electronic accessories to customers in Korea, China, Europe and North America.

Advanced technology and High-Quality components help simultaneously charging multiple electronic devices with a total capacity of up to 60W.

Remote control touch sensor unit has small and slim form-factor, doesn't take too much room and can be mounted separately for more convenient operation and monitoring.

• Remote control panel LED Display shows 3 type of information: 1) car battery voltage 2) timer 3) USB output Amp reading.
  • Touch sensor switches have memory capability, which means they can remember the power state right before the power shut off to the entire device.
  • Low voltage alert on LED display when your car battery voltage drops to 11.5V or below, - the digits on LED display will flash to alert about the weak car battery.
  • "1, 2, 3" touch-sensor switches to control power supply to 3 cigarette lighter sockets on the main unit. - "USB" ports touch-sensor power switch to control power supply to two USB ports.
  • Remote Control panel with 5 power switches. Master power switch to control (ON/OFF) power supply to the entire device (press and hold for 2 sec to power off the whole device, short press - to turn on a device).

Specifications:

- Input Voltage: DC 12V-16V (Not Applicable for 24V Vehicles)
- Rated Power for Extended Outlets: 36W (Single) / 60W (Total)
- Max Output for USB Ports: 2.1A (Single) / 3.4A (Total)
- Rated Power for Fuse: 7.5A (Regular Plug-in Fuse for Vehicles)

Packaging:

- 1 pcs 3M adhesive pad for the main unit,
- 1 pcs 3M adhesive pad for remote control unit,
- 4 pcs wire clips to help to organize and secure cords,
- 1 pcs spare plug-in fuse for cigarette lighter charger power plug,
- 1 set 3-port Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Splitter/Adapter USB Car - Charger with Remote Touch Sensor Switch Panel and LED Display.

Unlike the original outlet in your vehicle, the three extended outlets on this device are NOT INTENDED TO HEAT CIGARETTE LIGHTERS and can only be used to power or charge electronic accessories, don't use this device to power high power electric devices such as vacuum cleaners, CB radio, thermal cups/bottles, car cooler/warmer, tire inflators, heating cushions, laptops etc, or an overload may cause irreversible damage to the device. Follow the technical specification of the device in the provided manual under application.

RHUNDO RS-20 (1).jpg

RHUNDO RS-20 (2).jpg

RHUNDO RS-20 (3).jpg

RHUNDO RS-20 (4).jpg

RHUNDO RS-20 (5).jpg

RHUNDO RS-20 (6).jpg

RHUNDO RS-20 (7).jpg

RHUNDO RS-20 (8).jpg

RHUNDO RS-20 (9).jpg

RHUNDO RS-20 (10).jpg

Last edited:
I ordered the RS-20ST from Amazon yesterday but they've shipped the RS-20S.

Is the temperature sensor in this box or should the box match please @niko?

The Amazon barcode sticker does show RS-20ST but the actual box just says RS-20S so guessing there may have been a mixup at the Amazon end?

I ordered the RS-20ST from Amazon yesterday but they've shipped the RS-20S.

Is the temperature sensor in this box or should the box match please @niko?

The Amazon barcode sticker does show RS-20ST but the actual box just says RS-20S so guessing there may have been a mixup at the Amazon end?
For product labeled with amazon barcode stated RS-20ST the Temperature Sensor is added inside the packaging of RS-20S by me because initially they are sold separately by manufacturer. In order for customers to save on buying sensor as additional accessory (obviously for much higher price), I have created separate listing (RS-20ST) where "T" at the end means "temperature sensor added in the box" . So everything should be OK with your order.
Just in case please PM me your amazon order nr I will double check that everything is OK.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Apologies mate I've had a look and yes it was tucked inside - I'd not wanted to open the box before checking in with you.

It looks a very nice unit and I'll be getting it put in tonight :)

Apologies mate I've had a look and yes it was tucked inside - I'd not wanted to open the box.

It looks a very nice unit and I'll be getting it put in tonight :)
No problem.
Your question was justified.

I bought this in September 2017 and works really well, but it cannot of course power 3 dashcams from a single unit as they all take 5v, so I find the 3rd socket superfluous, but I do like it - the cool blue glow looks smart!

Not a clue if mine has that temperature sensor (not sure what it is or where it might go) - there wasn't anything extra in the box as far as I recall (I haven't kept the packaging).

Been using it almost daily since installed.

I bought this in September 2017 and works really well, but it cannot of course power 3 dashcams from a single unit as they all take 5v, so I find the 3rd socket superfluous, but I do like it - the cool blue glow looks smart!

Not a clue if mine has that temperature sensor (not sure what it is or where it might go) - there wasn't anything extra in the box as far as I recall (I haven't kept the packaging).

Been using it almost daily since installed.
The one you bought is previous model RS-20.
New model is RS-20S with some extra features including temperature reading if connected to special temperature sensor (sold separately) or as a set in RS-20ST.

That's good news thanks about the reliability, that's exactly why I bought this as the hardwiring kits are a crapshoot sometimes :)

Actually it should manage 3 dashcams quite easily - single channel cameras usually average a maximum of around 0.5a (usually even less) and this can handle over 3a total so it should be fine.

I'll be using it in that configuration - the plan is the front 0906 runs off a seperate hardwire kit with parking guard I picked up last week from Combi and then the side and rear dashcams will run off this. All in theory of course :D

That's good news thanks about the reliability, that's exactly why I bought this as the hardwiring kits are a crapshoot sometimes :)

Actually it should manage 3 dashcams quite easily - single channel cameras usually average a maximum of around 0.5a (usually even less) and this can handle over 3a total so it should be fine.

I'll be using it in that configuration - the plan is the front 0906 runs off a seperate hardwire kit with parking guard I picked up last week from Combi and then the side and rear dashcams will run off this. All in theory of course :D
About reliability: I bought older model RS-20 directly from Chinese local distributor in Oct 2016 and has been using it with no issues for nearly 1y. Last year I have decided to take small test order to see how it sells and what will be acceptance by public, RMA etc. Since March 2017 I have been selling it on all EU amazon stores and my online store. Only after half year of sales when I got full confidence in this brand and their product I introduced this product here with full piece of mind because it is top quality built, with unique functions, outstanding manufacturer support and almost non existing RMA.
New RS-20S(T) is truly fully loaded product and unique in it's class. I have been testing factory beta-sample for past 5 month and last month it became available for public.

I am going to post new thread about new product soon along with complete English user manual pdf download file for people to get to know more about it before making a purchase. Still working on some editing to do correct presentation.

Remember my private message Nikolai back in November? - I'm still here ;)

The TEMP sensor do it take up one of the USB ports ?

Not that i dont have plenty of those myself :)

The TEMP sensor do it take up one of the USB ports ?

Not that i dont have plenty of those myself :)
It certainly is USB so you would lose a USB port if you used this temperature sensor.

Then i would just put a pice of tape up with "too cold" written on it, and that would be true most days of the year for me.

Oh, so it doesn't take the temperature of the driver? I was worried about a probe to plug in.....somewhere. :eek:

I'd actually consider something like this if it was a one piece unit.

Well this is probably what I need to turn on/off front or rear dashcam connected to Cellink Neo depending on the parking place (my thread)

OK so I've been having a play with this tonight to try and get my head around it and it's a nice well built device and has a bit of flare on the startup sequence.

At first I was totally gazumped as there was no power to my A119s charger, but further testing showed that it doesn't quite fit in fully so doesn't get power (something for people to bear in mind if their devices aren't charging).

For now I dug out the old Scosche dual USB charger I had and that instantly fired up and was controllable via the touch panel.

So the next thing was getting my head around how the auto power off works on this.

The manual showed that the voltage was altered by turning the unit off, and then holding the power button and going into Fn.3 - however it just looped between 1,2 & 4 and function 3 was missing.

To get Fn.3 to show you have to ensure that Auto-Power Off is enabled (ie set to a time) in Fn.2 (I'm hoping this will help someone down the line).

The manual says that it defaults to on and 13.0v as the cut off but in reality it seemed mine was set to 12.4v (which is a sensible starting point for winter).

Another thing the manual says is that by default the temperature monitor USB port (the bottom if the text is the right way up) is set to enabled and that you should disable this otherwise it can damage USB devices connected to the port.

In reality this was flipped and this was disabled which meant it was configured for USB charging out of the box and that you had to flip this to enable the USB temperature sensor to work by selecting Fahrenheit or Celsius for the readings.

The back page of the manual also helpfully advises the best settings for using with this with an always on cigarette lighter socket are to have Auto Power Off enabled and set at 1 minute, and then the voltage set accordingly.

In winter you want this higher than in summer so I'll do some testing to see how the Volvo handles low voltages (the VW CC I had previously would sometimes play up strangely when the battery was getting too low).

I'm going to throw in a 128GB card into the rear A119s and I'll see how long it records for tomorrow as I've got a lot of driving to do and I'll be parked in the works car park all day.

OK so I've been having a play with this tonight to try and get my head around it and it's a nice well built device and has a bit of flare on the startup sequence.

At first I was totally gazumped as there was no power to my A119s charger, but further testing showed that it doesn't quite fit in fully so doesn't get power (something for people to bear in mind if their devices aren't charging).

For now I dug out the old Scosche dual USB charger I had and that instantly fired up and was controllable via the touch panel.

So the next thing was getting my head around how the auto power off works on this.

The manual showed that the voltage was altered by turning the unit off, and then holding the power button and going into Fn.3 - however it just looped between 1,2 & 4 and function 3 was missing.

To get Fn.3 to show you have to ensure that Auto-Power Off is enabled (ie set to a time) in Fn.2 (I'm hoping this will help someone down the line).

The manual says that it defaults to on and 13.0v as the cut off but in reality it seemed mine was set to 12.4v (which is a sensible starting point for winter).

Another thing the manual says is that by default the temperature monitor USB port (the bottom if the text is the right way up) is set to enabled and that you should disable this otherwise it can damage USB devices connected to the port.

In reality this was flipped and this was disabled which meant it was configured for USB charging out of the box and that you had to flip this to enable the USB temperature sensor to work by selecting Fahrenheit or Celsius for the readings.

The back page of the manual also helpfully advises the best settings for using with this with an always on cigarette lighter socket are to have Auto Power Off enabled and set at 1 minute, and then the voltage set accordingly.

In winter you want this higher than in summer so I'll do some testing to see how the Volvo handles low voltages (the VW CC I had previously would sometimes play up strangely when the battery was getting too low).

I'm going to throw in a 128GB card into the rear A119s and I'll see how long it records for tomorrow as I've got a lot of driving to do and I'll be parked in the works car park all day.

Thanks for first impression overview.
You are right, the printed user manual has few very minor details in regards to default figures of "cut off" and USB port for temperature is set "ON", but in reality, those figures set to more user-friendly values as you pointed out. At any time those value can be set per each user own preferences, so this should not be a problem.

The PDF User Manual is available to download from HERE.
I believe it will be updated soon in relation to above-mentioned default settings figures.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure i will have to install mine soon, there is a lot going on ATM at least when i am also nurturing a depression or something, takes a almighty kick in my ass just to get me out of my computer chair.

Back