Suction Mount for 0906 - where can one purchase this ?

dragonfly99

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Would anyone be able to help with this? This seems to be an "optional accessory" according to the user manual. I contacted the original seller (iSPECLE) but they don't sell it. I tried googling it but nothing really shows up specific to the 0906. Thank you. :)

I tried to order the sucker mount in December unfortunately i couldn't find a supplier. One of the retailers who is active on this site (estore009) advised theres a minimum order quantity from the manufacturer of 1000 units which is probably why retailers aren't stocking the sucker mount

You could use 3M "Dual Lock" tape for a removable mount instead. Similar to 'velcro' but much better ;)

Phil

Ditto on this - I cleaned windscreen with alcohol wipes before attachment, but keep seeing the supplied adhesives detaching from the windscreen (Is there a glass side/mount side?) - Time to try the 3M option, I guess.

Ditto on this - I cleaned windscreen with alcohol wipes before attachment, but keep seeing the supplied adhesives detaching from the windscreen (Is there a glass side/mount side?) - Time to try the 3M option, I guess.

I also have this problem. Used 3 of the 4 double sided tapes provided. Then got fed up and tried 3M automotive mounting tape. Didn't budge after I parked outdoors. Only negative is that it's color gray and not black.

Thanks folks - I went down the ebay route but no joy there either. I think I might look into the "3M Dual Lock / automotive mounting tape " quoted by a few posters above. That looks like it could be a neat solution.

I'm having issues too with the supplied sticky pads, the second one has now come unstuck. It's been cold here but even warming the car, glass and pad and leaving only the mount on the glass for many hours before attaching the camera, the 2nd pad has lasted 3 weeks.

when you mount the sticky pads to glass, remember don't touch the adhesive surface, otherwise the grease will weaken stickiness.

recommend procedure:
1, clean the GPS mount surface
2, remove the red film on sticky pad, sticker the pad to GPS mount
3, insert 906 camera into mount, hold the mount to windshield and power the camera, find a optimal mount location on windshield
4, clean the windshield area, make sure there is no water, no grease,
5, remove the white film on sticky pad
6, hold the mount close to windshield, confirm the mounting location again
7, stick the mount to windshield, compress top side first then the bottom side, to extrude out air between pad and windshield
8, check camera view range again. compress the full mount to windshield to make sure it is tight there.

I also have this problem. Used 3 of the 4 double sided tapes provided. Then got fed up and tried 3M automotive mounting tape. Didn't budge after I parked outdoors. Only negative is that it's color gray and not black.

black VHB have better viscidity and durability than gray ones
but cost double

yes that is black VHB.
you may need 1.1inch width (at least 1inch)
remember don't touch the adhesive surface

Would anyone be able to help with this? This seems to be an "optional accessory" according to the user manual. I contacted the original seller (iSPECLE) but they don't sell it. I tried googling it but nothing really shows up specific to the 0906. Thank you. :)

the sucker mount is not released

I am using 3M 300LSE. For windshield I can recommended it.

black VHB have better viscidity and durability than gray ones
but cost double
The Gray 7/8" 3M auto molding tape that I used hasn't budged in 2 weeks even when left baking under the tropic sun.1520334154900300077197.jpg

Back