Dual Dashcam - DOD RC500S/LS500W vs BlackVue DR750S

ekdashcam

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have narrowed my search for a 2-channel dashcam down to DOD RC500S/LS500W and BlackVue DR750S. I’m leaning toward DOD RC500S/LS500W due to image quality from this YouTube video -
- however, I have read some concerning issues people have experienced with the model (the "list of problems & issues" in this forum, for example). Also, DOD RC500S lacks pre-buffering for parking mode which is not ideal.

I’d like to hear some real-world user feedback if you have bought any of them.

1. Why did you choose DOD RC500S?
2. Do you regret buying this model and why? Which one would you like to have chosen instead?
3. If you switched to RC500S from another model, why did you switch and how’s your experience with this model vs your previous model?

Hope your experience/feedback will help me decide!

Thank you!

read the Blackvue threads, they are not without issue either, no camera is perfect for everything

prebuffer like Blackvue use is useful for motion detect recording to catch some info before an event, the downside though is the camera needs to run lower bitrate to support that and if you read through the Blackvue threads though you'll find a lot of complaints about the parking mode effectively recording all the time anyway, motion detect is notoriously unreliable in the way it works, there's a very fine line between not sensitive enough and never working and overly sensitive and never turning off, plenty of complaints of cameras recording nothing all night in closed garages is a good example, prebuffer is touted as a big deal but realistically it's a bandaid fix for an unreliable method of capture for this application and is not without its downsides

DOD have just updated their parking mode options in the latest firmware version, you might want to look into that and see what it offers

I have narrowed my search for a 2-channel dashcam down to DOD RC500S/LS500W and BlackVue DR750S. I’m leaning toward DOD RC500S/LS500W due to image quality from this YouTube video -
- however, I have read some concerning issues people have experienced with the model (the "list of problems & issues" in this forum, for example). Also, DOD RC500S lacks pre-buffering for parking mode which is not ideal.

I’d like to hear some real-world user feedback if you have bought any of them.

1. Why did you choose DOD RC500S?
2. Do you regret buying this model and why? Which one would you like to have chosen instead?
3. If you switched to RC500S from another model, why did you switch and how’s your experience with this model vs your previous model?

Hope your experience/feedback will help me decide!

Thank you!

For me, the deciding factor was the video quality of the RC500S. My system will be installed, shortly, so I don't have any comments, yet, on how it operates in real life.

Keep us updated.
I’m still a little undecided on which way to go.

Thanks for your inputs! I'm still undecided, but I'd say I'm still leaning DOD RC500S. I'll probably order it once I decide on which car to buy... with the hope that something even better might be announced between now and then.

Thanks for your inputs! I'm still undecided, but I'd say I'm still leaning DOD RC500S. I'll probably order it once I decide on which car to buy... with the hope that something even better might be announced between now and then.

I'm in exactly the same position, I need a new cam but I'm holding off to see what happens. I saw the video you reference above, and one thing I wondered was is that one of the DR750S batch with the poor focus, and the bad quality is just a video processor desperately trying to compensate for a badly focused feed?
I'm really hoping the DR900S is as good as we are all hoping and quality control has been stepped up.

Last edited:
Back