M6+ Latest firmware update *Warning*

Well, GPS seems to work fine again...at least on mine :)

It works fine most of the time - it just sometimes writes the odd bizarre speed and location mostly when you are parked (but not in parking mode).

Oh, interesting feedback @Debsmcd6 - I tried my Ddpai with my existing power bank and it failed to keep the power on to the camera. Do you have a view how long the Anker Power core 10000 will keep the camera powered for, even a guesstimate would be ok...
I have tested this at home (in the warm) so it may vary depending on temperature as we all know that batteries do not like the cold! But at 20'c it keeps the camera powered in parking mode for 15 hours!

I have downloaded the new update and put it on one of my cameras. It still fills the card up with temporary files. I am in the process of running it (Indoors) to see if it overwrites them properly this time. This is going to be quicker than actually in the car, as I have a 64GB card and don't make that many journeys at present. Poor old registrator viewer doesn't like these temporary files, but is reading the new overwritten ones OK so far. I am going to leave it running to try and fill up the card and see if it then recycles as it should. So far, the parking mode is working OK too. . Can't judge GPS as I haven't taken it for a spin in the car yet. Keep you all posted on how I get on.
Update: I have now managed to run the camera enough so as to fill the card (and yes it does now overwrite all those temporary folders it generates) and then goes on to overwrite existing files (oldest first) no problem! GPS seems OK too, but it is hard to tell as Registrator viewer just can't handle these files and the app keeps crashing when I try to review trips. (IOS).
One thing I have noticed is that if you put a 'unformatted' (not formatted in this camera) sd card in, it automatically formats it ready for almost immediate use! I put one in which I had been using in an ambrella mini DVR (my old dash cam) and was surprised that it didn't say that the card was incompatible (all be it in Chinese). Curious, I didn't try to format it for use with the app, but left it running for a bit then checked it in my PC and found it had wiped and reformatted it and had the footage recorded! I tried this again with another card and it did the same. That's a bonus!
So far so good, so it does look as though the latest update works...HURRAH
CONS: The app keeps wanting to update that blooming edog, despite me having done it about 10 times now and it saying each time it was successful. That old problem again! Doh! It's just annoying that I have to keep telling it to update later. I've even tried turning off the feature in settings, but it still wants to update it!

Solved the edog problem. Deleted the DDpai app from my phone. Switched my phone off completely. Restarted my phone. Re-downloaded the app and set it up again. Now recognises that the camera is up to date and is no longer nagging me to update it. What a kerfuffle!

Last edited:
The newest Firmware update is very bad (3.3.3.12).
OK the new ddpai Logo is great.
The .gpx is terrible.
I think there are twice as much entries and all player on Mac have problems to handle.
(Datakam Player, Dashcam Viewer, MoviesAndMaps)
So I go back to stable version 3.3.0.28.

The new Logo
ddpai_Logo.png

I had an inoperative M6+. I downloaded the M4+ firmware from DDPAI (M4Plus_V3.3.3.1_update.tar) and manually loaded it to my M6+ via the SD card. It is stable and working fine with additional features. It will do 1 frame per second in "parking monitor" mode. Also allows extending the button capture time to 30 seconds (15 before 15 after).

Has anyone else tried this?

-Cal

This camera is a complete rip off. Problem after problem after problem. Iv wasted so much time trying to get it working as it should but it never ends. I highly recommend that you do not buy this garbage.

This camera is a complete rip off. Problem after problem after problem. Iv wasted so much time trying to get it working as it should but it never ends. I highly recommend that you do not buy this garbage.

What happened ?

Techmoan didn't have an issue .

Latest issue is I can't download clips from the camera to my phone (Was working about a month ago) Tried to update it but its already up to date. The camera is to unstable and each update seems to have its own new set of problems.
Iv had this camera approx 18 months and I really liked its features. I bought it after I watched Techmoans review but I reckon he would have a different view on it now IMO.

WiFi to WiFi , mobile data turned off ?

Its on :(

I press the download icon then it says download photo or video. I press video which goes to the swipe bar screen, I find the clip I want but there is no download option on screen. It will not let me play them ether. The date on this screen (swipe/search bar screen) stays at 01.01.1970 1:00:00 AM for some reason.

Its on :(

I press the download icon then it says download photo or video. I press video which goes to the swipe bar screen, I find the clip I want but there is no download option on screen. It will not let me play them ether. The date on this screen (swipe/search bar screen) stays at 01.01.1970 1:00:00 AM for some reason.

I wonder if this is a perspective problem. I remember not being able to see a download button once, which I solved by rotating my phone from portrait to landscape.

”01.01.1970 1:00:00 AM“ is a problem of RTC battery failure, you could contact the seller for replacement if the product is still covered by warranty.

Back