SGGCX2 not automatically powering on

Brent.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've noticed a couple of times that my new SGGCX2 dash cam had not powered on when I started my truck. Not sure how many times I didn't notice it. First time it was dark and I didn't see the screen or lights come on. I pushed the power button and it powered up. It's hardwired in using the same dash cam power supply kit I used with my previous V2 that I had no issues with. I was curious if anyone else has had an issue like this. I'm going to switch over to the supplied power cord and see how that does for a while. At this point it's not a set it and forget it setup because I have to make sure it actually turns on. Other than that, it seems to be working fine.

Brent

No other reports of that. (Not normal for sure)
For troubleshooting:
I’d use the new power adapter that came in the box for awhile to see how that goes.
What kind of vehicle is this? If you have a diesel engine you might want to add some boot delay in the menu. Format the card in-camera before your next operational tests.

Also try to format memory card inside unit.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Card is formatted in dash cam every time after I have removed it to view files on the computer. As stated previously, I am switching over to the plugged power cord that came with the dash cam. Not driving a diesel. It was in my Ford Ranger, but I just got a 2009 Saturn Aura today that was my mother's before she passed away. It will be my daily driver, so the dash cam will be in it now. That will eliminate two factors. If no problems for a while, I will install the hardwire power supply in the car and see if it pops back up or not.

Card is formatted in dash cam every time after I have removed it to view files on the computer. As stated previously, I am switching over to the plugged power cord that came with the dash cam. Not driving a diesel. It was in my Ford Ranger, but I just got a 2009 Saturn Aura today that was my mother's before she passed away. It will be my daily driver, so the dash cam will be in it now. That will eliminate two factors. If no problems for a while, I will install the hardwire power supply in the car and see if it pops back up or not.

let us know how you get on, if there's an issue with the camera at all we will get it sorted for you

I had the same problem with a minin0806 dash cam. I don't think it liked the fact that the battery voltage would fall below 12 volts. I used to have to unplug it each time from the cigarette lighter before it'd start recording.

Solution: I binned it and replaced it with a little DDPai mini. I got it of AliExpress for £37.50. Job done.

That was as a rear dash. If I was buying for the front, I'd opt for a DDPai mini 2. It has 1440 resolution.

G.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I had the same problem with a minin0806 dash cam. I don't think it liked the fact that the battery voltage would fall below 12 volts. I used to have to unplug it each time from the cigarette lighter before it'd start recording.

highly unlikely this is the issue here

Solution: I binned it and replaced it with a little DDPai mini. I got it of AliExpress for £37.50. Job done.

That was as a rear dash. If I was buying for the front, I'd opt for a DDPai mini 2. It has 1440 resolution.

G.

I just put a brand new battery in my truck before I bought this dash cam, so that's not the problem. My new car's 12v accessory port is actually powered all the time, so it looks like I will be cutting the power cord right at the plug and tapping into the fuse box at the radio connection.

Brent

G.

I just put a brand new battery in my truck before I bought this dash cam, so that's not the problem. My new car's 12v accessory port is actually powered all the time, so it looks like I will be cutting the power cord right at the plug and tapping into the fuse box at the radio connection.

Brent
My rear dash cam (the one that I've been talking about) is powered off of the rear power socket in the boot of my Ford C-Max. This power socket is powered all of the time. This actually works out really great with my new DDPai mini. After about 10 or 15 minutes, it just goes into parking mode ... even no it is powered just the same. I have set it to turn off of parking mode after 1 hour although I could have set it to six hours or Infinity. If the car gets knocked or anything like that it starts recording again. It really does exceed my expectations.

If I could choose whether my power supply was powered or unpowered when the ignition was off, I am certain that now I would always choose a power supply that was permanently powered.

Just a quick update. One week with the dash cam hardwired in my car using the factory power supply and I haven't noticed any failures to power on at startup. Will continue to monitor it to confirm no more problems. Maybe just a power supply issue when it was in my truck???

Just a quick update. One week with the dash cam hardwired in my car using the factory power supply and I haven't noticed any failures to power on at startup. Will continue to monitor it to confirm no more problems. Maybe just a power supply issue when it was in my truck???
I'm glad that it is working for you now my friend. Hopefully you will never have a problem again. That's how we all want it. We don't actually want to talk about dash cams really ... we just want the bloody things to work reliably.

I'm really enjoying my new 2009 Saturn Aura XE. It was my mother's car. She passed away in December 2016. It had been sitting in her driveway for 1 1/2 years. Only has 60,000 miles on it. I'm planning on mounting a rear dash cam, but have just been too busy to get that done yet.
20180307_154537.jpg

I'm really enjoying my new 2009 Saturn Aura XE. It was my mother's car. She passed away in December 2016. It had been sitting in her driveway for 1 1/2 years. Only has 60,000 miles on it. I'm planning on mounting a rear dash cam, but have just been too busy to get that done yet.
View attachment 36986
Again, I recommend that you spend £38 at Ali Express on a DDPai mini 1080p camera.

If I were choosing a front camera, it'd be the £58 DDPai 2 mini 1440p. Again from AliExpress.

Just my opinion mate

Again, I recommend that you spend £38 at Ali Express on a DDPai mini 1080p camera.

If I were choosing a front camera, it'd be the £58 DDPai 2 mini 1440p. Again from AliExpress.

Just my opinion mate

I had the DDPai 2 mini purchased from Amazon. I prefer removing the microsd card over using the wifi option. With the camera mounting at one end, I found it would move too easily when removing the card. Then I would have to use wifi on my phone to straighten it up. Just more work than I want in a dash cam. Thanks for the opinion though! (y)

View attachment 36986

looks super clean

I may have found out what caused my power issue with the SGGCX2 cam. I pulled the hardwire kit from my truck that I was using with the cam to use for the rear cam I just installed in my car. One connection where I had crimped on a connector was questionable, so it very well could have been the cause of my problems. I soldered it this time to make sure it's right.

On another subject, I learned that the upper lines on my back window are actually the antenna for the radio. Fortunately I haven't noticed the rear cam position affecting the reception any. No interference. There's about a three inch clearing between the antenna lines and defroster lines where I was able to postion the lens for a clear view.
20180318_094759.jpg
20180318_093941.jpg

Last edited:
Back