Possible to order new lens?

SndChsr

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Is it possible to order just the lens for this thing? I have a unit that seems to be front focusing. My windshield wipers are nice and crisp....and...that's it. The cars and buildings appear the same way I see them after downing a gallon of JD. I heard that there is a post somewhere on "aligning" the lens. Is that true? If so, can someone please provide a link as I can't find it. If not, is a replacement lens available?
Thank you!

you dont have to replace the lens, but if it are focused a tad short you want to loosen it and focus it at a more proper distance.

Good thing is the 0906 have a micro HDMI out, so connecting that to a TV will let you see nice and clear what go on with focus as you turn the lens.

There are a slew of videos on youtube about adjusting focus / lens change on dash or action cameras ( same type of lens )

you dont have to replace the lens, but if it are focused a tad short you want to loosen it and focus it at a more proper distance.

Good thing is the 0906 have a micro HDMI out, so connecting that to a TV will let you see nice and clear what go on with focus as you turn the lens.

There are a slew of videos on youtube about adjusting focus / lens change on dash or action cameras ( same type of lens )
Thank you Kamkar1. You're always so helpful and I really appreciate it. So I've been reading some more on here and people are adjusting the focus by first getting the temperature up. Is that necessary? Can I just open the camera, plug in the HDMI and adjust the focus by twisting the lens without having to heat it up?

Heat can make focus slide, but if that's the case then it might be a issue with the lens itself and its elements sliding, and with these little lenses it take very little to in the sweet spot or not,

I just found this video that granted are on a action camera but same deal.
1: open camera so you can get a grip on lens, i use pliers and a sheet of rubber in between so i have a good grip without squeezing too tight on the lens,,,, you dont want to destroy it.
Then just unscrew the fine M12 thread ( put a mark on lens as in the video so you know where your start point are )
2: Connect to TV with HDMI and power from a USB charger, and ajust focus by turning lens in or out, most often it only take 1/4 turn of the lens MAX to find the sweet spot.
3: make some test recordings out a window to make sure you like what you see.
4: Secure lens again with a dap of glue like its secured from the factory, dont use CA glue here, some mild glue that can act like a thread locking compound, maybe a little lacker or varnish if you have something like that.
Just a little where the lens thread meet the socket.
5: put camera back together.

If you need it i can make a video on how to take the 0906 apart, it dont take more than a Phillips head screwdriver.

If you need it i can make a video on how to take the 0906 apart, it dont take more than a Phillips head screwdriver.
You have no idea how much I appreciate this. I did find a video on YT where a guys takes it apart....although it's in Russian, but I'll be mainly following the visuals. I'll give it a try today. Doesn't seem too hard. Anything in particular I should watch out for when taking it apart? How do you recommend dealing with the glue? Force it with pliers or melt it down?
Also, if the lens elements themselves are sliding, then it's pretty much trash right? That would be almost impossible to fix.

Last edited:
First there are no screws to be seen on the sucker, but you then pry the end plastic cover off ( power button end )
Under there you find 4 phillips head screws, unscrew those and yet another plastic cap are loose.
Next up are the "Click" ring, be careful sliding that ring off the end, have the LCD screen face you as right there by the LED's there are a little spring loaded steel ball ( what make the clicks when you adjust the camera )
Next you can pry the 2 plastic halves apart, leave the PCB s nesting in the half with the LCD screen.
you are now ready to grip the Lens and untwist it ( remember to mark its position first ) the glue can be a little pesky to break but it should not take super human effort, be safe and increase force / grip pressure one step at a time. having some thing in between pliers and lens to increase friction should mean you dont have to grip too hard on lens.

2 little plastic pices shielding the HDMI and other ports will also come loose taking the 2 halves apart, not to bad putting back together but i actually left mine out during testing this summer as a few testers had heat issues with their cameras.
My plastic halves come completely apart, that's due to me getting a bit extreme during testing, normally as i recall the wire that go to the connectors on the "click ring" will keep the 2 halves together.

Will update this post with pictures shortly.

First there are no screws to be seen on the sucker, but you then pry the end plastic cover off ( power button end )
Under there you find 4 phillips head screws, unscrew those and yet another plastic cap are loose.
Next up are the "Click" ring, be careful sliding that ring off the end, have the LCD screen face you as right there by the LED's there are a little spring loaded steel ball ( what make the clicks when you adjust the camera )
Next you can pry the 2 plastic halves apart, leave the PCB s nesting in the half with the LCD screen.
you are now ready to grip the Lens and untwist it ( remember to mark its position first ) the glue can be a little pesky to break but it should not take super human effort, be safe and increase force / grip pressure one step at a time. having some thing in between pliers and lens to increase friction should mean you dont have to grip too hard on lens.

2 little plastic pices shielding the HDMI and other ports will also come loose taking the 2 halves apart, not to bad putting back together but i actually left mine out during testing this summer as a few testers had heat issues with their cameras.
My plastic halves come completely apart, that's due to me getting a bit extreme during testing, normally as i recall the wire that go to the connectors on the "click ring" will keep the 2 halves together.

Will update this post with pictures shortly.
This is awesome!! Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Looks like I have a project for tonight :)

Okay i will start a new one instead.
First you have to pry the end cap off, i dont have this one anymore, i just pried it off with the blade of my pocket knife, it just click off and on like so many plastic things do today.

Under that you will see the first screws.
Mine look a little different as i hit the test sample hard ( almost set fire to it honestly )
Unscrew the 4 Phillips head screws, and they and the next plastic cap should come off easy.

eg8aYxLnDKdmLtQt9h13j8cZxhOv9bZQy35ibZ8dg-Mkl4yqc1pSoAA2MVc5mA7bJ0s9cF_zC-OMDS7MEJ8Y2hB7u3sJRkjn7KXTqUyFc3339vDYhsHp-m4lYCzCovWSlxLs292WDU7mXyPvR87mRwQAnIEbrp0NkHY8xI26ZdmIztV_h4puK9ZQ2SVM1bg1qw923vfc41tNwIzrOxOz5YAwwWY7Bdmonk4nbDmqWpYfLN9qAy7-JEFE6xKGmnMSzmoItQeLrZaLbqezlNcCqiSvM8ZNLGLYOLjqiSkKEkDSDp-Br2oebNlrekotqxU1olROfA_nwAKeBW2Vws2BaKOK-1z-NaS6Uax-MNnVxewEg8cgXCIfJ_J5BUEY-kARMpWeQGUpZzwnbjmN4O72ldYLEWs_TdVhtS81GKwkoSpMo4QQkSYAFmJYfrCzDdlnMZtTyFJlBSxfeusfwk6FM5T11zImZGXGHymOlgF-W1EH-lBGKGB8znN4WLL-jxbcwskicpO504rC00jEQs1K8CiiAPcwLsrgTQ0IamuHWic8zZz2YcD90VTGy16jumpE0OpMJAL-Ba2hom4Z1Amq6f4Oo2NmJFbG--GRyK4=w832-h624-no

You are now set to pull off the "click ring" be careful with the spring and steel ball that do the clicking when you adjust the camera, face LCD screen up.
GFLuF99TXCvUhK9u18FmT0L1a_3zpqHgwzy_fooDyHgreoynNMDPX2AW8MNVAXBtyWk94i5te_AnpIf7LNipmEM1_FKy5zeodiHKeNn89czYbJX7HaLC1w4ZrnXcLwB3Zzy6_uYOMSNONOp34ZKTJrVWCtSdF3-5UZUGPL32SZcb-4KMpeA5Hk-lBqWa9I6rrDBe3sB_OR7nDNRYr1kFbSiI8AYgz9EHqfcFSJZ2p24XCOWKBmLZPHgczZwJN2EoaWfZVn_w-x0yWpkL2zDkw2NVNWYRuhqs1mqSFeNRdrJ1w4GtLurqIm3wuMH7yn-z74ThLaBadJStqUawhFjyVKQzdYWIZ1sCtQAU1Tnv-emfaEyYHbs9g6uZQjzgtsBG_R7KQfNJCd8UMVigHyFN-53H8hsCum-8a5KuLlbYwBTjxM4Zc_ssn84JcEm99HjcrcM9Zc5-d6kHDZsi_0KC9mviOSuP8OCzY1PKe2eHrOjlWhJqDuMr-g-qDg3QsYDwGvDT62W4rcd_T8RByFggTWdK8aSUtIp_Xw9v81WmIC1SRPFE4Fj4COAFf_tkoq35HI2ZNb9iwkbv-S77L4WOrJs4-p9dAAuO1tVE2Zs=w832-h624-no

Pics of the loose "click ring"
bEOUwEoUUECNce9nTzw-X20d9ZP6s68dPV_TZVqbs-cKVxq4nni84veqB9kyoaL84FIqLO5qiiJqMXbxoewGubKsBch81s6dCNlvoy5yZuDjiJcIHn4KG_Rr9Mx02AKNBCPjh5BivrtaxPaERMRvLQA7oXDQ1QezKsXVvqxRD6FZj3GzzBuWi3LOcXleEX9cDr52VNxigDhRbCfCQpqppGhFURIken_jpLlI9oalJ9EejKUwoyer0cWBaegH26rE_X5JLGHxIiYQuv9Mm0TKSCU58_erJKVZ_sVQTgiJMMy2Q-mIDuTG6wAZcLHoschtJKxJATwcghsI_eXSOsVaeioUCRI6ipZ3G0kpVJPgbvY3CJc_xDoDvsRvkoaIU5s40s0oI5TmLu6vGCARn5_Ldes1Ip4Ea0q2U5SDabS-jijmi-dX5_Kd1DVBnVYx3FWiQqBmRMo0CEysZ3ICLUEhkELC1XN1hdINip59khfMDhNlaBLYpSMzKWYXjDCgv5wLD4JgyhuWoJzLTXnrxhOOcR9mYm35XD0OOUClnc-02rE37L57gy3SD1BW36OJrMEfMbT0yv6Uyz1CiCqCla5Z3g-1sXFKDngUOqK8prE=w832-h624-no

a0kburUbRllMuHInT0Bsb_Ac4rsPRuBLiD21bovvyyCkXw6xW8gxz8-07EXKWo4ESYODs0Y4n3HJICsJi4UuhOYz1INe_5qJnhFnDC10yrqzKfFbs3GD3wVOfa4maEK40FG1CX_MqtlXy6ch0xBs3ZEpxoq8OKfcif1E2RNkOo3AeCiQbdgL6iqvil2XJi5sMC7_mlvzvJRICTIegrW-AvTszZLxLKE3VPJLYqj4LbI-ZzPQ3A4Av1x_j1tGx5wXqcIJKxYAbWbQ6MiXuKCMBb7APnjQG32O5sKV8snu7Ps1Ue67nf9bv-quHb8l-UqqviqR47pkVWbD-B9EZRCWMCxGJmuxu5MfP6PO5WPvDWL-FUILiIlG0uojlMlNGPHcbAs5DOb6VtIZs--j-4-55F_fwb5tUxejeY1Z5lPcUasFEZM7gL23ixj9zPVFXQ0GXQWgpXpmuVmZzxb5lR34qe3ZdU9vgMKNFMHrQ1_Lsqx4AoXdQUS4dxQ6l-hDCW_B3R06B7MJ4VK0eQLK6FFZyiCCy9-i5pTT7iLZkY9enk04-K9VKw_uG97wmboX2OXSIuoC5HtzlmQXRnNpULPz10MTMrC8if28AWIiw3w=w624-h832-no

Next you you are ready to pry the 2 plastic shells apart to reveal the PCB inside, doing this will also make the 2 smaller plastic pieces come loose.
Those 2 little pieces are the trim pieces around the ports of the camera on top and bottom, nothing but the 2 halves hold them in place.
EGqQ4S10ocH69M_YIy4InCb8ug8V7LvrTSlBeF9JojaZasoGINz7251N7I0ZiQK8Km7XKIJBZZd5-ojCkUcTGJdu1GO4ZWKWhAwOpfLYDE3RRvNl9A4I_LwRI4N75xJvfB3dT18jlu77Hm5DV6SFPnxOzAhMuFNjGCFEdC_6c2NiQlpPBK1w9c12o-yiRjdA27xbfvVPZ30JPPutEGi_kRc3or1r752F13S4eFPLdDXQN-0Cmm-z5EmttmcSgBP983aiT84fkPbc1looNUEUmSkh8fjEprmMa9QLuxpiw9q3TmHjH5SfdFLd0_DcgfE8G7zTjdcWVswhtn_6klPqfzBEItCuKAnj-FVU29ROvr-eIG3IUe6sVA9rnYqK2atKb4InypsFCDafieZv_ice6qPMcEolKby2YvlbmUewslrsdYOwZegcsP14u_S2HjxaGHiW7EfnYDf_xV2sW0OwEs2pvC_96xGptztbrSW8RAy_aEh5xw3kpAG7-ge52TBliBaWUB7cY1tysDzt11eLlFzBCfCaXobfcdAOFlcPWIa1Yaa6A7-yIx7BrdMPjtjzHFspjcfLlz9sYSjVkGwa_FCEq8fVGwKz8JBg-Gs=w832-h624-no

Now you have the PCB bare, leave it resting in the half with the LCD screen, you should now be able to get a good grip on the lens.
u5UiaCaJVMOSMaHhIJ1ZHNIEl0GSJthsHmZV_FnFIucTariKch-unDS7UY0ManVIFUFxxbhyZURifUODlvssxln9TDJMtCAesxn3yQ31qjzkiXIX3QdQUJBfA2ZLNdSZnAVfGY8jEaIHUijF3SuQ0vv2tgux5mukFtHKUFV0npdXUMQ1hs408Z4ctxh5N-fwOPrIe4WqbZJ2Vx1L2cL6v_1TUgPqm2fTo5GgVtwIR0q1pXONefkEcxmv_dPYAVCYylKi5rfHnYIxaOshck1pEBPKjmmAHLmV9EGvpM0dvE9zlaS4DZ_wuUQ-OlmKo8BSc5Ov3rQh-xlUf1T_cnzBN2gKgvIsg7Ur3hf43FdWZ69jLjbeOOHnknn7fHNqVU1115kZtRqmJhwRiIiQEVdJ-3G9_q0vxRPdiwSp8Z2-UXsLyhQjtZgcofcbPx6Bw7UQiu3wSc6TRMq2D5eBRpa7S0lxoqsfrgchUYQpz_KEGQsoOzfAJkMZOkZc_ouwmLaFCHIawz6xrIqaczbJyb6n5FT6VLupMnQwizTFvGGhW4hpLPuT0vDuYYyjDOwmHvfARTzeUPOgKVGUqI_ppTviuRGO1oMeu2TVrH4WxgU=w832-h624-no

I476CterAq5vMrYNO0-knvDbpQem-ylcCEsOJ-Vk9WXZwyf0TVLFK5LGXJMcrpxrPr-O0DFDxLxis4kVF8Dn7y5692ap2mvbhUJxP6LXWe_YkwP-XVTDTMh2EbwY3u7LnTvyNMzD2-VusiAIoc8GHORBpBpnxvzchcJGrdraSKgNBQADenYb4M7DHApk6cilUXKOaCPo9EaEP1bWMte5o0-VuEo7BaPKNvve7zhRY_Mq5jmXgqyQHbpehWevKN21WSX0Eco13NKxYp64hWFqpLfC9ZbEApHc4VA37pFJdGqgySTIpMYqa-YP78CUUKP9JmPFe3-IWa3rR5PguPw4IGHxXUGMe7faDdyrR6VqVf5xOQKZg_19IdSsidmXnwq8FcUBe9JIFm8cv8RI1kLBAw_97fN8SRRUue3qZUVF5oYpDGCAmnbLyCGEmlUeo_jmvurPb1hl1Yw5ixTh9ysNorPkeE6JKzAGIMk735Bf4uuw2eIZFRxhAkaUnTRp14ud_iojl0pDLnBOf6lkYXmwG8P9sSEVqHZcT81w432n1ZkeyelUTWLMiGNo5jF_DdaoS_m6Xx8ffQp5ReCZPK-qiOcYMDSo2lIlYVFHXSA=w832-h624-no

You should be able to do the testing for focus and test recordings with the camera apart like this.

After making your adjustment and securing the lens again it is time to put it back together.
Click the 2 half shells together remembering to put in the little trim pieces around the ports on top and bottom, it should just clock together.

Now its time to put on the click ring, forget the little spring and ball at this time, focus on getting the wire in the right place so there are free adjustment travel in the click ring.
r_AMUvH37AvkvhsEMh32RWmBNqG9c4UrGfXJdoRN3BoJTdU0higD4tJ-H-PlgmwASN26JdoCMvkvj4zX5fYZB4JlmxUDtYqKBiD-9VTFLpZ2UXJGj3xcy0KgK7YSuf7rHmzH7xLVpHuzbbdZU3A2L9XnQjPCrm6fseM5GEPYWQF5b5d7GBnCyyI4pxvSfSGFaldEad7WBE4mu3LJt-6P5aqdDF5zSt5O0i8AlbwwVt2Mf8uhT3-CNQMSiKkeBcdyrFgCfNxevs6ZrskYF6hyoSsaP1qu6-XkUKxtOE8TrDrHNCLyA76WZ7WAQsvtBLrvfu_h276VkQHt7fQuYUpYNmHQv8CH0XX56T9xnj5AZzAD8VytDVfKK8XQblXsmA44uzyOufz4V5pz6S5GYHXaPgewPv8w6RgjLLWEyPtNn6RaUdwoZDkQT_KBLAsKqPYbODVL46T78skbKnGPUyb0E98TfIT_tb8PaFxM6Vp8CkwpYYp1uvzKMhKtpohu6Zi5mQmPeJ4KVAUwb_sIqY_DDOXuzU4cE9u-fTrib-eGpq7p6bcEo_T2yn5MEz6O5xH277g1nPvb0Cr12ZJvDPbklh30g84s7VpuuIfpEg4=w832-h624-no

When you feel the click ring is good you can tilt it a little sideways so you can insert the little spring and steel ball on top, to get them to slide in under the click ring you might have to depress the little steel ball.
GFLuF99TXCvUhK9u18FmT0L1a_3zpqHgwzy_fooDyHgreoynNMDPX2AW8MNVAXBtyWk94i5te_AnpIf7LNipmEM1_FKy5zeodiHKeNn89czYbJX7HaLC1w4ZrnXcLwB3Zzy6_uYOMSNONOp34ZKTJrVWCtSdF3-5UZUGPL32SZcb-4KMpeA5Hk-lBqWa9I6rrDBe3sB_OR7nDNRYr1kFbSiI8AYgz9EHqfcFSJZ2p24XCOWKBmLZPHgczZwJN2EoaWfZVn_w-x0yWpkL2zDkw2NVNWYRuhqs1mqSFeNRdrJ1w4GtLurqIm3wuMH7yn-z74ThLaBadJStqUawhFjyVKQzdYWIZ1sCtQAU1Tnv-emfaEyYHbs9g6uZQjzgtsBG_R7KQfNJCd8UMVigHyFN-53H8hsCum-8a5KuLlbYwBTjxM4Zc_ssn84JcEm99HjcrcM9Zc5-d6kHDZsi_0KC9mviOSuP8OCzY1PKe2eHrOjlWhJqDuMr-g-qDg3QsYDwGvDT62W4rcd_T8RByFggTWdK8aSUtIp_Xw9v81WmIC1SRPFE4Fj4COAFf_tkoq35HI2ZNb9iwkbv-S77L4WOrJs4-p9dAAuO1tVE2Zs=w832-h624-no

you can now screw back on the plastic cap with the 4 screws, do note the notch in the hole matching a similar shape in the plastic below.
And finally click back on the plastic end cover you pried off first, and you should now be good to go again.

For test recording you can power the camera via the micro USB plug on the camera itself use a old phone charger or whatever you have with micro USB plug ( dont power off couputer )
The other part of the mount you can leave in the car windscreen its not really needed for this.

For connection to my TV i use a HDMI to mini HDMI adapter, and then use the HDMI wire that normally go to the box that control my home CCTV system, you can use the wire between DVD player or what ever units you might have connected to the TV with HDMI.

This is absolutely awesome!!! You have no idea how much I appreciate this. I'll post the result of my "repair" tomorrow :)
(Thank God I work for a tech company. Already secured a mini HDMI so I don't have to spend the money on that!)

Last edited:
I have best success focusing the cameras out my living room window next to my TV ( 2 floor )
On the other side of the street 20 feet or so away ( sidewalks + regular 2 lane road ) i have some trees ( naked this time of the year ) and further off a kindergarten with some logo / grafix on a wall.
Going a little back and forth between the 2 distances and with previewing footage on my PC, i settle for a sweet spot and then fix the lens there.
Take your time and if push come to shove you can even put the camera back together not securing the lens ( it will still have some grip in the thread so will take a severe rattling to go out of focus )
Anyway if you do that you can take the camera back and forth in your car and do a test there too to make absolutely sure you are happy about the focus.

And if you run into problems later on and it might after all be the lens, give me a holler as MEG supplied me and the other testers with spare lenses as we did have a little focus woes during prelaunch testing.
So i can get a lens to you if need be.

sadly i cant demo footage as my 0906 sadly quit on me after a couple of months, otherwise it would still be in my car for sure, while it worked i think it was a okay little kit.

I have best success focusing the cameras out my living room window next to my TV ( 2 floor )
On the other side of the street 20 feet or so away ( sidewalks + regular 2 lane road ) i have some trees ( naked this time of the year ) and further off a kindergarten with some logo / grafix on a wall.
Going a little back and forth between the 2 distances and with previewing footage on my PC, i settle for a sweet spot and then fix the lens there.
Take your time and if push come to shove you can even put the camera back together not securing the lens ( it will still have some grip in the thread so will take a severe rattling to go out of focus )
Anyway if you do that you can take the camera back and forth in your car and do a test there too to make absolutely sure you are happy about the focus.

And if you run into problems later on and it might after all be the lens, give me a holler as MEG supplied me and the other testers with spare lenses as we did have a little focus woes during prelaunch testing.
So i can get a lens to you if need be.

sadly i cant demo footage as my 0906 sadly quit on me after a couple of months, otherwise it would still be in my car for sure, while it worked i think it was a okay little kit.
That's awesome. Extremely kind of you. If I do need the lens, I will cover all costs of shipping, but hopefully just a little adjustment will do the trick.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

No problem :) we aim to please (y)

So I've disassembled the cam last night and indeed, looks like the lens elements are badly assembled. It was already cranked all the way clock wise if I remember correctly and to turn it anti clock wise would've made the image even softer. So looks like whatever factory in china assembles these things, some workers don't particularly care about the quality of their work! Having done some research, this seems like a common problem on these cameras.

So did you get the focus to be better ?
If needed i can pull the entire lens and mount out of my old 0906.

Bad ( less than focused works are a universal problem ), OMG i hate working with such people.
In my last job one day i had to discard what 2 people/shifts had been making on a CNC lathe for 2 days, that almost felt as bad as if i had been a part of making those 200 axles.

I did do sort of the same one day, there was a known issue on my grinding machine, so using some parts with it making some stainless axles for MRI scanners i needed to be extremely careful setting up the machine.
But one day for some reason i just skipped that annoying alignment ( due to some person at one time treating the machine very bad ) so it could take me a hour to get things aligned in such a way that i was able to make those axles.
So as i dident do the alignment then the lathed and now my grinding surfaces was not in sync ( so to say ) so a few days of CNC lathe work and a couple of months worth of RAW stainless steel was turned into garbage.
This is especially annoying as my brain have a tendency to not forgetting bad experiences and having no problem forgetting the good ones, so even though this are now over 10 years ago i some times remember it too and chills run down my back.

Every 3 months or so i did the most accurate grindings on another axles, the fit had to be within 4/1000 of a mm, so leave 1/1000 at each end of the tolerance so they was not too big or too small i had 2/1000 in the middle to make good with.
And 1 mm split in 1000 that's awefull little even if you have 4 of those. but i rarely ruined any of those.

Rayman are the face of MEG in here, MEG are the ones that make the mini cameras.

Unlike phone cameras the lenses for these cameras are assembled and aligned in the hand, so that guy really have to be on his game all the time.

So did you get the focus to be better ?
If needed i can pull the entire lens and mount out of my old 0906.

Bad ( less than focused works are a universal problem ), OMG i hate working with such people.
In my last job one day i had to discard what 2 people/shifts had been making on a CNC lathe for 2 days, that almost felt as bad as if i had been a part of making those 200 axles.

I did do sort of the same one day, there was a known issue on my grinding machine, so using some parts with it making some stainless axles for MRI scanners i needed to be extremely careful setting up the machine.
But one day for some reason i just skipped that annoying alignment ( due to some person at one time treating the machine very bad ) so it could take me a hour to get things aligned in such a way that i was able to make those axles.
So as i dident do the alignment then the lathed and now my grinding surfaces was not in sync ( so to say ) so a few days of CNC lathe work and a couple of months worth of RAW stainless steel was turned into garbage.
This is especially annoying as my brain have a tendency to not forgetting bad experiences and having no problem forgetting the good ones, so even though this are now over 10 years ago i some times remember it too and chills run down my back.

Every 3 months or so i did the most accurate grindings on another axles, the fit had to be within 4/1000 of a mm, so leave 1/1000 at each end of the tolerance so they was not too big or too small i had 2/1000 in the middle to make good with.
And 1 mm split in 1000 that's awefull little even if you have 4 of those. but i rarely ruined any of those.

Rayman are the face of MEG in here, MEG are the ones that make the mini cameras.

Unlike phone cameras the lenses for these cameras are assembled and aligned in the hand, so that guy really have to be on his game all the time.
Yea, looks like the lens alignment itself is totally off. If it was just a few units among thousands, no big deal, but this is a very common problem with these lenses. The QA process it seems, is very lackluster and a lot of badly made components slip their way through and make it into the market where the consumer has to deal with the hassles.

After trying to refocus the lens, there is no difference. This can only mean that the lens elements themselves are not aligned and the whole part is trash. I wish that at the least, knowing that this problem exists or that customers are complaining, the manufacturer would provide extra parts to his customers for replacement.

Last edited:
Back