A119 PRO?!?

A119 pro questions. Since it has super capacitor how do you show cops the screen footage of the driving incident, does it also have a batery for that, or depend on the car battery hookup? Is the CPL plastic or glass?

At the roadside, it will be powered from the car's battery. At home, you can transfer the files from the MicroSD to a device such as a pc, tablet etc, or power it via USB from one of those.

Either way, a capacitor is a better and well tested solution compared to a battery. Batteries can overheat and cause fires when exposed to hot sunlight in dashcams. They also don't like the repeated shallow charging you get with a camera that switches off and on every time you turn the ignition or with the constant trickle charging if it's got parking mode and a constant voltage supply. As such they wear out. Capacitors on the other hand, tend to go on and on, provided they are quality.

We will have Stock in Amazon soon. Arranging Freight as we speak.

Maaaaate, Sorry........... I was a tad too quick off the blocks because I now remember I bought my A119S V2 from you and never gave you a second thought that you would be selling the PRO :banghead:

My inner child got a tad overly excited knowing the PRO is going to be a winner considering how good my A119S is.

I have lots of travelling to do over the next 6 months with home and away rugby league/union games and need to get crack'n with installation of cruise control and suspension modifications and of course setting up my two cameras.

I'll have a look on your website/s to see if I can buy a Samsung 128GB MicroSDXC EVO Select Memory Card w/ Adapter.
I also need a CPL filter.

Good luck with sales of the PRO because it's sure to sell like hot cakes.

** EDIT ** Just ordered the CPL from you, now to chase up the card if possible.

Last edited:
Either way, a capacitor is a better and well tested solution compared to a battery. Batteries can overheat and cause fires when exposed to hot sunlight in dashcams. They also don't like the repeated shallow charging you get with a camera that switches off and on every time you turn the ignition or with the constant trickle charging if it's got parking mode and a constant voltage supply. As such they wear out. Capacitors on the other hand, tend to go on and on, provided they are quality.

If people would accept TS video files then even the super-capacitors are not needed because the .ts (transport stream) video format does not need to be closed, it can be interrupted any time and the video remains valid. But the problem will appear when people will start complaining about how to watch a ts file, how to convert it and so on...

enjoy,
Mtz

A119 Pro will be available within one week, we will offer some samples for DCT members, please PM to me.

The A129 Wi-Fi version is under working, will try to offer samples for DCT members at the end of the March.

I have googled the A129 Wi-Fi and searched this forum but couldn't find much information.

My question is simple. So, is the A129 Wi-Fi basically = A119 PRO with built-in Wi-Fi ???

The best google search is this forum.
Viofo A119 Pro will be not with Wi-Fi if share the same case and PCB like A119 and A119S and its price will be like like A119S price. You can see this on official Viofo page. His CMOS is 5MP AR0521 and will have included at least the suction cup more compared to previous model.
The A129 is expected to have another case, another PCB and because of this it can have Wi-Fi, maybe Bluetooth and even higher resolution and for sure it will be more expensive than actual A119 prices.
Because A119 Pro is scheduled on Viofo.com to be launched after March 19, I expect the A129 samples to be delivered later, maybe in April because company will be busy with the new product launch. Because of this busy launch I not expect anymore much info about A129.

enjoy,
Mtz

Inside the box there is floss included for A119 and A119s. I assume the floss also included for A119 Pro too? The floss is for to take out the double sided tape?

Is anyone able to tell me if the A119 Pro or the A119S would give better night footage? Daytime footage seems to be pretty well nailed by most cameras these days and its when it gets darker that things tend to suffer. I'm not familiar with the sensor/chipset in the Pro so would appreciate some guidance :)

If people would accept TS video files then even the super-capacitors are not needed because the .ts (transport stream) video format does not need to be closed, it can be interrupted any time and the video remains valid. But the problem will appear when people will start complaining about how to watch a ts file, how to convert it and so on...

enjoy,
Mtz
MPEG2 is a bit out of date these days!
Fortunately AV1 is on the way, and that also doesn't need to be closed, you can watch AV1 videos while they are still being encoded :)

But the problem will appear when people will start complaining about how to watch a ts file, how to convert it and so on...

the very limited playback and editing options are a big downside for TS format, a few cameras have used it previously but due to limited options have had to revert to MOV or MP4 format instead just for reasons of consumer acceptance

Is anyone able to tell me if the A119 Pro or the A119S would give better night footage? Daytime footage seems to be pretty well nailed by most cameras these days and its when it gets darker that things tend to suffer. I'm not familiar with the sensor/chipset in the Pro so would appreciate some guidance :)

Impossible to say until someone gets their hands on these cameras and can do a back to back test.

Traditionally, 2mp sensors have been the best in low light. However, good low light capabilities are now finding their way into higher MP sensors.

Also I expect the A119S to have better image for night footage. It have maybe the best ever used CMOS in a dashcam regarding this, it is a Sony Starvis. But the biggest question is how much you need to see in the darkness outside of the road.

MPEG2 is a bit out of date these days!
AVC (H264) can be used these days inside TS video container.
General
ID : 2 (0x2)
Format : MPEG-TS
File size : 915 MiB
Duration : 8mn 31s
Start time : UTC 2009-06-09 14:15:57
End time : UTC 2009-06-09 14:24:12
Overall bit rate : 15.0 Mbps

Video #1
ID : 256 (0x100)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L3.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : 27
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 576 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Standard : PAL
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : MBAFF
Scan order : Top Field First
Color primaries : BT.470-6 System B, BT.470-6 System G, BT.601-6 625, BT.1358 625, BT.1700 625 PAL, BT.1700 625 SECAM
Transfer characteristics : BT.470-6 System B, BT.470-6 System G
Matrix coefficients : BT.470-6 System B, BT.470-6 System G, BT.601-6 625, BT.1358 625, BT.1700 625 PAL, BT.1700 625 SECAM, IEC 61966-2-4 601

Video #2
ID : 1001 (0x3E9)
Menu ID : 3 (0x3)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L3.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=24
Codec ID : 27
Duration : 8mn 30s
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 576 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Standard : PAL
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : MBAFF
Color primaries : BT.470-6 System B, BT.470-6 System G, BT.601-6 625, BT.1358 625, BT.1700 625 PAL, BT.1700 625 SECAM
Transfer characteristics : BT.470-6 System B, BT.470-6 System G
Matrix coefficients : BT.470-6 System B, BT.470-6 System G, BT.601-6 625, BT.1358 625, BT.1700 625 PAL, BT.1700 625 SECAM, IEC 61966-2-4 601

Audio #1
ID : 258 (0x102)
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 2
Mode : Joint stereo
Mode extension : Intensity Stereo + MS Stereo
Codec ID : 3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 192 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 11.7 MiB (1%)

Audio #2
ID : 1002 (0x3EA)
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 2
Codec ID : 3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 192 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : 7s 978ms
Stream size : 11.7 MiB (1%)

Menu #1
ID : 257 (0x101)
List : 256 (0x100) (AVC) / 258 (0x102) (MPEG Audio)
Service name : vv
Service type : digital television

Menu #2
ID : 1000 (0x3E8)
List : 1001 (0x3E9) (AVC) / 1002 (0x3EA) (MPEG Audio)
Service name : Lenni
Service type : digital television

enjoy,
Mtz

the A119 is not the only camera that has much better video than the Korean cameras, plenty of cameras do
hehe, course u never tell about SG is not better when another...
but again not agree, SG 9665 not better a119s, also not full 100% better then 9663. the disadvantages of both in different situations are leveled. Some scene 9663 better, some a119s. But mostly korean flagship models by a combination of criteria is better then viofo or SG. My opinion. But price??? Is it worth it? I think - yes, if u have money.

Why? Because I compare the sum of all the criteria, stability of work, functionality, design, brand, advertising, usability, image quality, price.
For middle price viofo is good. For high price korean dashcam is good because they have local korean market as main market.
For each customer, each cost segment..

Also I expect the A119S to have better image for night footage. It have maybe the best ever used CMOS in a dashcam regarding this, it is a Sony Starvis. But the biggest question is how much you need to see in the darkness outside of the road.

enjoy,
Mtz

Whaaaat? You mean the A119S will have better image quality than the A119 PRO?

I noticed that the number of units left remains relatively the same (~248-250) after I ordered the A119 PRO (no GPS) last night. Am I the only one who have purchased it in the presale? :eek:

Whaaaat? You mean the A119S will have better image quality than the A119 PRO?
Regarding night recordings.
Normally the A119 Pro should be better than A119 because the size of the CMOS is bigger
and better than A119S because A119 Pro CMOS have more pixels.

enjoy,
Mtz

The sample is it free?

I am looking forward to see what this camera can do Vs other cameras that can also do 1440p ( im thinking OV4689 here )
I liked the 1440p on the x cam though i mostly use it in 1080/60 mode.

The sample is it free?
You should not expect to pay for a camera sample with money. You 'pay' with the time you put in to test and review.

You are right. Testing a camera is consuming much time but also is important to create correct videos, to know how to not destroy the original video quality, to be careful at camera position when doing comparisons because if one camera is pointed too much to the sky the result will be not fair when comparing to a camera which is pointed to the ground. Even 5 degrees can affect a correct comparison. Because of these small things more comparisons should be watched, not from only one source.

Here is a comparison between Viofo A119 Pro factory sample and Viofo A119:
More details in video description.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back