Cam for rear window..

mrebay10

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.. Based in the UK and after a rearview "Boot" camera...

I have a B40 a118 from my previous car which I am considering transferring to the new car front windscreen, in 4 years it hasn't failed once, so need something to go at the back of the car.. I was considering getting a dual camera but read a lot about interference with the DAB radio.....

Need, Something small/discreet, doesn't need a screen etc just good picture quality..... If anyone has experience with dual cameras with no DAB interference please let me know...

Any help gratefully received..

The 2ch setup I have is the Blackvue DR590. It has 1080p front and rear. It's a very nice setup and the rear camera is very small. There shouldn't be any interference because it doesn't have Wi-Fi. I keep a small USB C micro USB reader to download the video files onto my phone and view them. Much quicker than Wi-Fi anyway. Here in the USA I paid $220 on Amazon and that came with a power magic pro to hardwire for parking mode and 32gig card although I used my 128gig.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2ch systems are better if you need to press the event save button to catch an incident behind you, especially if you're just a witness
but they're considerably expensive

I had separate cams in my last car, 3 in total and my front was an A118c, less than £100 for all 3, but it meant not being able to manual-save on the rear cam because I couldn't reach it
If you really like the b40, get another for the back, they're still really cheap

I have a B40 a118 from my previous car which I am considering transferring to the new car front windscreen, in 4 years it hasn't failed once, so need something to go at the back of the car.. I was considering getting a dual camera but read a lot about interference with the DAB radio.....

if you have an in glass DAB antenna in the rear window you would have the same issues regardless of whether you had a single channel camera there or the second camera of a dual channel system, the challenges with DAB are the same either way

if you have an in glass DAB antenna in the rear window you would have the same issues regardless of whether you had a single channel camera there or the second camera of a dual channel system, the challenges with DAB are the same either way

Hi... Wasn't aware of that, assumed the problems reported with DAB reception were due to the 2ch connections..... The car I have is a VW Tiguan and I am not sure if that has the In glass DAB, I like my music so was worried about getting something that could effect that but if both 2ch vs 2 separates can cause the same issues then I really have some options to think about lol

Back