Blackvue & Cellink B knocking out DAB Radio

Andy Moore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been using a Cellink B battery pack with my twin channel Blackvue 650 for years without problem.

Just had a Pure DAB radio fitted with a stick on type aerial fitted and every time I turn the cameras on the DAB signal is lost. Even with the Cellink B
just plugged in the signal is affected.

Any solutions to the problem ?

Any solutions ? Don't know if its the cameras or the Cellink B battery

more likely the camera at fault, in saying that though it's not really a camera fault as such, more a by-product of the technology, any camera is going to have some impact on DAB performance, more so with those stick on antennas

I don't think you can solve the problem completely but you may be able to improve things by looking at how cables are routed to make sure there's no induced noise being picked up, sometimes running a power wire or camera cable on the opposite side to the antenna system can improve things

I seriously wonder at why you would worry about DAB in a vehicle It seems that it has a relatively short range compared to FM
We lived near Bribie 50k from city centre and could barely get DAB reception and now living north of Maroochydore 115k from city have no hope at all.
Ok in the cities maybe but seems very flakey anywhere else

I seriously wonder at why you would worry about DAB in a vehicle It seems that it has a relatively short range compared to FM
it's popular in the UK, the range is terrible and doesn't suit our environment very well, I have a DAB radio in my car but rarely use it and just listen to FM instead

RESOLVED: Only way to sort it was a separate good quality (£30) Magnetic aerial on roof next to shark fin - brilliant reception, never drops out, well worth doing

Back