A119 PRO?!?

Is a A119 V2 compatible with the early gps mount, the one with the pins before they switched over to those bent back pressure type connectors? I'm still new to much of this and am not sure. It may affect if an A119 Pro can work with an early version of the GPS mount so genuinely curious.
No, the original V1 GPS mounts with the pins are not compatible with the V2 A119 series cameras.

Yes, they use the same GPS mount.

Just to be clear, you answered to my original question that A119 Pro can be used on A119 GPS mount. But then you also said above that A119 and A119 V2 GPS mounts are different (this I know). And then you confirm that A119 V2 GPS mount is the same as the A119 Pro GPS mount. That doesn't add up because seems the A119 Pro cannot be mounted on an A119 GPS mount.

Just to clarify, A119 (v1) GPS mount cannot be used with A119 V2 or A119 Pro.

A119 V2 and A119 Pro GPS mounts are identical and can be interchanged between these units.

Is that correct?

Correct. The A119 V1 GPS cannot be used with the A119 V2, A119S V2 or the A119 Pro.

Correct. The A119 V2, A119S V2 and A119 Pro GPS mounts are the same.

Is a A119 V2 compatible with the early gps mount, the one with the pins before they switched over to those bent back pressure type connectors? I'm still new to much of this and am not sure. It may affect if an A119 Pro can work with an early version of the GPS mount so genuinely curious.

A119 V2 must use with GPS V2. It cannot be backward compatible like A119 pro with gps version 1.

There is missing resolution for 1280*720 60fps which not included from the website on the camera setting resolution.

While resolution in the camera are:

2560*1440P 30fps
2304*1296P 30fps
1920*1080P 30fps
1280*720 30fps
1920*1080P 60fps

Based my experience, a Dashcam should support minimum 1080p 60fps higher fps will be much better (120fps, 140fps, 160fps). Car running only 40km/h is hardly to capture the plate number, if the car running more than 100km/h is require higher more fps and better resolution and sharpness and not compromise the night view.
01443889489c673c2218f37787ec4b8f.jpg

Based my experience, a Dashcam should support minimum 1080p 60fps higher fps will be much better (120fps, 140fps, 160fps). Car running only 40km/h is hardly to capture the plate number, if the car running more than 100km/h is require higher more fps and better resolution and sharpness and not compromise the night view.
A higher fps will not always give you the better detail that you are looking for. It does increase the chance that a passing car will be in the focus sweet spot.

So it there a newer firmware out for the A119 PRO yet? I got it in the mail today and will be installing it tomorrow.

I think the sliding mechanism of the mount is not designed for many uses. If you take the dash cam off and on many times, eventually the 3M double sided tape will not stick to your windshield for long.

Anyone having used up the original mount and the spare yet? :p

Edit: Also, has anyone played with their A119 PRO long enough to recommend us a list of settings (e.g. 1440p VS 1080p, WDR on or off, Loop recording 3/5/10 minutes) that should be used for the average Joe? I'm going to play with my camera for a few hours and try to come up with my own list of setting if no one has done it before. :D

Last edited:
The design is all about stealth and that in itself reduces the need to remove the cam.

So it there a newer firmware out for the A119 PRO yet?

Not yet. When the firmware arrives it will be posted HERE on the Viofo website Firmware page.

A119 Pro was just released. It will take a bit before new updates are ready to beta test publicly and then released.

I think the sliding mechanism of the mount is not designed for many uses. If you take the dash cam off and on many times, eventually the 3M double sided tape will not stick to your windshield for long.
If you remove the camera from the mount many times, the tight fit might become loose. Then you should apply one of the supplied foam pads to the mount to maintain a firm support to the camera.

Thanks everyone who has replied and gave me their feedback. The settings I used is:

Resolution: 1440p
Loop recording: 3 minutes
Exposure: 0.0
WDR: ON
Parking Mode: OFF
Time Lapse Recording: OFF
Motion Detection: OFF
GPS: (I don't have this module)
Speed Unit: Depends on your situation
G-Sensor: Medium
LDWS: OFF (What is this?)
FCWS: OFF (What is this?)
Date Stamp: ON
GPS Info Stamp: All Info
Camera Model Stamp: ON
Record Audio: ON
Screen Saver: 1 minute
LED: ON
Date/Time: Depends on your situation
Timezone: Depends on your situation
Language: Depends on your situation
Beep Sound: All ON
Frequency: 50 Hz (Should I set it to 60 Hz?)
Image Rotation: OFF
Format: -
Format Warning: -
Default setting: -
Car Number: -
Custom Text Stamp: -
Firmware Version: 1.0

LDWS: OFF (What is this?)
FCWS: OFF (What is this?)
Frequency: 50 Hz (Should I set it to 60 Hz?)

LDWS: Lane Departure Warning System

FCWS: Forward Collision Warning System

Freq: According to this page it says Indonesia runs at 50Hz so set it to 50Hz for your country.

I personally recommend running LDWS and FCWS off. It'll get annoying. These systems are best left implemented by car manufactures. If on each one would alert you if the camera system determines you are drifting out of your lane or about to hit something. IMO it is not the task of a dashcam to do these things so manufacturers shouldn't focus on incorporating them. Again, just my opinion, ymmv.

Last edited:
Back