Mobius cameras fail to save video before switching off

• Thread starter Deleted member 37895
  • Start date
I'm assuming my capacitor is working good as I get the video but not the last one when I shut it off?
As far as I can tell I have the latest software. Maybe I need to buy a battery?

could be a settings issue

Your camera will record with a bad super-capacitor but it will not save the last file upon shut down or save the correct date and time when power is shut off. Check to see if the date and time is correct on new recordings several hours or perhaps even a day after your last use of the camera.

As far as I can tell it save the correct date and time. And I have it set to shut of immediately. I was using 30 seconds delay but when I shut the bike off it has a 20 second delay on powering off accessories.

Yes, power off immediately is required if using super-caps. If the camera does not lose the date and time settings and holds for at least several days or a week then the super-caps are working properly.

So to start from scratch I need to delete everything on my card and reinstall the software?

So to start from scratch I need to delete everything on my card and reinstall the software?

If you are concerned about any files that may be on your memory card, just download them to your computer. Then wipe the card so you can use it to reinstall the firmware.

OK this is not good. I just got 2 new Mobiuses with wide angle lenses and the first thing I did was reflash the firmware, then swapped the batteries for supercapacitors. I mounted them as side cameras. I took a regular A lens mobius that I've been using for home security and put it in the rear with the battery because it's not exposed to sunlight. Both the rear and left have lost the final video segment. I haven't checked the right one yet.

The issue seems to be caused by using 5fps video mode. Timelapse seems fine, but something about the low framerate video causes the final video to not save. This is with 5 minute chunks

I reinstalled the software and I think that's corrected my problem. I will do more checking tomorrow.

OK this is not good. I just got 2 new Mobiuses with wide angle lenses and the first thing I did was reflash the firmware, then swapped the batteries for supercapacitors. I mounted them as side cameras. I took a regular A lens mobius that I've been using for home security and put it in the rear with the battery because it's not exposed to sunlight. Both the rear and left have lost the final video segment. I haven't checked the right one yet.

The issue seems to be caused by using 5fps video mode. Timelapse seems fine, but something about the low framerate video causes the final video to not save. This is with 5 minute chunks
I have asked Mobius if they are aware of this problem. I will reply when I hear back from them.

The right camera also loses the last video sometimes. This morning my commute was missing both left and right videos for the last few minutes

@TonyM

Also please ask them whether they plan to fix 2.41, or not?

Last edited:
@TonyM

Also please ask them whether they plan to fix 2.41, or not?
I know they are fairly busy on another project at the moment. Can you send me a PM describing your problem with v2.41?

The right camera also loses the last video sometimes. This morning my commute was missing both left and right videos for the last few minutes
Can you send me a PM with your syscfg file?

Oh yeah the last time the rear camera failed (which is the one that has worked for months in timelapse mode) it wouldn't start recording again until I plugged it into the computer and changed settings with msetup. It just displayed the green light

Back