Mobius Maxi F1.5 2.7k

In addition to Wi-Fi, the Maxi may also support external GPS at some stage later in development. It was in the early FW that I tested, although no GPS hardware was available to use with it, so it has been disabled for now.

Extreme 2.7k = 60Mbps / 1080p60 = 38Mbps
Superfine 2.7k = 44Mbps / 1080p60 = 30Mbps
Fine 2.7k = 40Mbps / 1080p60 = 24Mbps
Normal 2.7k = 36Mbps / 1080p60 = 19Mbps

The extreme bitrate requires a fast microSD card and should NOT be used for parking mode! Ideally it is used for RC video with plenty of airflow. I have not had any heat-related issues in 4 months of testing, although we are just getting into the British 'summer'. I would estimate that the Maxi running 2.7k at 60Mbps gets no hotter than the M1 running 1080p30 at 18Mbps.

WHAT?? You have this four 4 months.....!??!

Wow... Mobius team is REALLY determined not to fail again.....

Ohw come on see a joke when it shows itself.... Hahaha

No serious, I like this one already, but still ill wait to buy one until most ins and outs are known.

I wonder who transplants the F1.2 lens on the Maxi...... ;)

WHAT?? You have this four 4 months.....!??!

Wow... Mobius team is REALLY determined not to fail again.....

Ohw come on see a joke when it shows itself.... Hahaha

No serious, I like this one already, but still ill wait to buy one until most ins and outs are known.

I wonder who transplants the F1.2 lens on the Maxi...... ;)
Amongst other things, the developer spent a long time making sure that auto-record works with the USB power interruptions in my diesel-powered car. Interruptions in the camera boot process prevented the camera from scanning the card and deleting enough space to commence loop recording, so it would just freeze. That was fixed and has been stable for at least a month or so.

The high bitrates also caused some compatibility issues with certain microSD cards. That now appears to be much improved.

Its always hit and miss with the memory cards in some cameras, i have some cards that just will not work in the SJ7 though the card can do 30 MB/s way more then the SJ7 will ever write.

The diesel thing you need in a dashcam, at least here in EU ville there are a lot of diesel cars.

Is the usb 10 pin? Any Mic in?

No i think its regular 5 pin, and no mic in as far as i know

Indeed, it could be 10, but 5 should suffice for the normal mobius features.
Of course it could be external MIC are forgotten in the rush, but somehow i doubt that as who would ask for a external microphone dashcan or micro action cam, both scenarios where audio are not the paramount feature.

Okay i know i have asked for external microphones, even ones for outside mounting for dashcams, but i think we can all agree that "im special" :giggle:

The M2 also had a ten pin capable MiniUSB port, but whatever functionality it was intended for was never implemented AFAIK. The MAXI appears to have a menu option for an external microphone so perhaps that is where the 10 pin port will come into play.

if GPS may become an option later then that would be another reason to need a 10 pin port

O yeah thats right forgot about that pice of info already given :rolleyes:
I think i will give my fingers a break and go to bed. :sleep:

Ok, I am still thinking about what should I do with my gadget addiction and if this camera would/could satisfy it...Just some random thoughts:
- I like the mobius concept and cameras very much (3 M1 + 1 Mini, luckily I skipped M2)
- However for dashcam use I replaced them with Wedge cameras (A119+118C), except for car rentals.
- This camera, not having 4k, correctly targets mostly Dashcam users more than previuous Mobius cameras, which makes sense at these resolutions and features (but hey, airsofters? HUnters?)
- It will be great for us playing with lens and settings, but for the general public? I do not see here any "killer" features...
- 4 months for testing it's a LOT of time...
- Gitup F1 is a great competitor....
- Normally the Lens cap is never advertised but included, is it also the case here?
- which others lens will be offered as options?
- Surprised by the lack of H265...
- Circular Polarizing filter should be added
- Card Error Warning (as A119)? Is it there?

- by the way,answering by myself to MY previous question,( it's in eletoponline365 decription I missed it) "Mini 10Pin USB(USB2.0)"

4 months of testing isn't that much, M2 had more than 12 months, I think this is probably a better platform, I suspect they've had some better input this time around also, or at least given more weight to the input received this time

4 months of testing isn't that much, M2 had more than 12 months, I think this is probably a better platform, I suspect they've had some better input this time around also, or at least given more weight to the input received this time
Maxi is built on a similar platform to the Mini, which has been out for 2 years.
By the time I received my test Maxi early this year, the hardware was already set and it's just been firmware improvements over the last few months

I'm not familiar with the mini, not a model I've looked at, I think this is more closely related to previous models though (excluding the M2) and a lot of that does translate, if anything I'd say this is probably what the M2 should have been

Ok, I am still thinking about what should I do with my gadget addiction and if this camera would/could satisfy it...Just some random thoughts:
- I like the mobius concept and cameras very much (3 M1 + 1 Mini, luckily I skipped M2)
- However for dashcam use I replaced them with Wedge cameras (A119+118C), except for car rentals.
- This camera, not having 4k, correctly targets mostly Dashcam users more than previuous Mobius cameras, which makes sense at these resolutions and features (but hey, airsofters? HUnters?)
- It will be great for us playing with lens and settings, but for the general public? I do not see here any "killer" features...
- 4 months for testing it's a LOT of time...
- Gitup F1 is a great competitor....
- Normally the Lens cap is never advertised but included, is it also the case here?
- which others lens will be offered as options?
- Surprised by the lack of H265...
- Circular Polarizing filter should be added
- Card Error Warning (as A119)? Is it there?

- by the way,answering by myself to MY previous question,( it's in eletoponline365 decription I missed it) "Mini 10Pin USB(USB2.0)"
Obviously mine is a pre-release test model, but it did come with a lens cap.

The F1.5 is advertised as Lens B. I know they are planning a F2.8 lens which has a smaller FOV.

CPL on Mobius cameras has always been a DIY solution.

There are optional audible alerts for startup/shutdown/record start&stop. I'm not sure about specific card error warnings.

GitUp F1 is a good camera for RC
- Better colours
- Effective image stabilisation
- WiFi & bluetooth
- Poor night performance

Maxi is better for dashcam purposes
- Faster F1.5 lens
- Better motion detail day & night
- Capacitor option (coming soon)

Back