Mobius Maxi F1.5 2.7k

I finally found the RCGROUPS mobius maxi support thread.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3028218-The-Mobius-Maxi-Support-Thread-(Read-InfoPosts-1-8-before-posting)

@TonyM could you add this to your first post in the first paragraph in this thread? It will be easily missed here in the future as this thread expands.

I hope the FRP lens mount does not distort in the heat as happened on the original mobius after a revision. I wish they had used a metal part instead as the original mobius did.

Why did they stick with the old mini USB connector? Micro USB is more robust and can handle many more cycles. USB C would be even better

ALL my camera's with miro USB had isues, even broken off from the mainboard.... Mini USB had NEVER issues, and I plug/unplug EVERY single day.....

Last edited:
I'm currently running 5 different Mobius 1 cameras and the audio is clean, clear and pristine on all of them. In fact, I often use of of the cams exclusively for audio. I've often found the audio on the Mobius to be superior to certain other cameras which seem to have a tendency to distort in noisy environments.

Yeah what he said, my 2 are CLEAR CRISP audio recordeds too....!

I hope the FRP lens mount does not distort in the heat as happened on the original mobius after a revision. I wish they had used a metal part instead as the original mobius did.

I've noticed you keep bringing this story up periodically, literally for years now. That was the original Mobius C lens and the problem had to do not with the Fiber Reinforced Plastic lens module which is quite dimensionally stable but with the rear plate that the sensor is mounted on which tended to warp when it got hot. The issue was resolved when the C lens module was replaced with the C2 lens which has a thicker, more rigid sensor plate.

It doesn't seem to get any hotter than the Mobius 1 when continuous loop recording at 60Mbps. It's not something I would use for parking recording in an enclosed car though.

I've been using Mobius 1 cams recording in an enclosed vehicle for several years now, even in hot weather with no issues. It's quite remarkable. I am hoping the Maxi can do the same.

I finally found the RCGROUPS mobius maxi support thread.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3028218-The-Mobius-Maxi-Support-Thread-(Read-InfoPosts-1-8-before-posting)

@TonyM could you add this to your first post in the first paragraph in this thread? It will be easily missed here in the future as this thread expands.
I have added the RCG Maxi link to the first post in this thread. There's also a link to the Maxi support thread here at DCT which should be used for dashcam specific issues.

I just became aware that Mobius is offering a redesigned Mini with a new case and slightly different LED indicator light locations. This case is ventilated so maybe it runs a bit cooler. Not clear if the camera includes any other changes but the lens bezel looks like it is now protected and overall the camera looks thinner. If nothing else, the Mini now more closely matches the Maxi (and the other Mobius cams) stylistically.

mini.jpg

mini2.jpg

Last edited:
I just became aware that Mobius is offering a redesigned Mini with a new case and slightly different LED indicator light locations. This case is ventilated so maybe it runs a bit cooler. Not clear if the camera includes any other changes but the lens bezel looks like it is now protected and overall the camera looks thinner. If nothing else, the Mini now more closely matches the Maxi (and the other Mobius cams) stylistically.

View attachment 38452

View attachment 38453
That 'new' Mini case was announced back in December
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=38903664&postcount=2226

I think the ventilated cases look better.

I've had a Mobius with a 12mm lens recording on my dash board in a box with a 40mm fan every weekday for months now. I've measured the temperature right after turning off and even on an 85F day it's 170F. The only negative effect seems to be that focus changes at high temperature. Not sure if a different material would help

I've had no reason to follow the RCGroups Mini forum, so I certainly wouldn't have known.
That's OK. I offered the link as Tom described the changes that came with the new case.

I've had no reason to follow the RCGroups Mini forum, so I certainly wouldn't have known.
I'm sorry. That wasn't a fair response. I'm following 7 forum threads on RCG including the Mini. I read about the new Mini case shortly before I received my test Maxi in the post so I've been aware of both case designs being similar for 5 months. I've been following the Mini forum because the Maxi shares a lot of hardware and FW features with the Mini.

I'm sorry. That wasn't a fair response. I'm following 7 forum threads on RCG including the Mini. I read about the new Mini case shortly before I received my test Maxi in the post so I've been aware of both case designs being similar for 5 months. I've been following the Mini forum because the Maxi shares a lot of hardware and FW features with the Mini.

Like I said in my post, I just became aware of the redesign after looking at the latest offerings on eletoponline365 and otherwise haven't paid all that much attention to the Mini. I assumed that others must have been aware of the change long before me as I posted about it here because I hadn't seen it mentioned and because of its striking resemblence to the just introduced Maxi. I don't know how you find the time to follow so many forums. I can barely keep up with this place and still get any work done. :)

Like I said in my post, I just became aware of the redesign after looking at the latest offerings on eletoponline365 and otherwise haven't paid all that much attention to the Mini. I assumed that others must have been aware of the change long before me as I posted about it here because I hadn't seen it mentioned and because of its striking resemblence to the just introduced Maxi. I don't know how you find the time to follow so many forums. I can barely keep up with this place and still get any work done. :)
Well, the RCG forums are really just individual threads, so they're not too much work. The M1 thread is still rather active. The Mini and GitUp F1 threads are quieter. Plus I'm on a couple of RC drone threads.

Compared to the M1, there are a few small features on the Maxi that are useful :

- pressing the mode button twice quickly toggles audio recording on/off
- with the Maxi connected and visible in mSetup, you can synchronise the date & time with the PC with a single mouse click, without having to save any parameters to the camera
- with the Maxi connected to a PC, you can toggle between webcam and mass storage mode by pressing the record button. No need to turn the camera off and on again.

Perhaps that became the M2. I can't remember any other small Mobius sized camera having h265.
No, Chuck Lohr posted it on January 2018 (180131)
It has to be a new product, the 808#32 should have "only" 30 fps.

Last edited:
Back