Wr1 rear camera.

nrvous1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Testing my wr1 as a dedicated rear camera. The cord supplied with the camera was long enough to run through the headliner from the center console constant 12v power outlet to the rear hatch of my 2016 Mitsubishi outlander sport. I left motion detection on and it's going to be plugged in 24/7. I currently have a Samsung evo 32 gig sd card installed which was previously used in my a119. My a119 is a backup now since I ordered an opia 2. I'll try and post video samples of the rear facing wr1 in the next few days. I only have my YouTube account to upload videos to so they won't be in raw from.

Edit: I attached a picture of the mounted wr1 next to my Magellan a20 rear camera.

Attachments

• 20180528_210549.jpg
    20180528_210549.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
As promised, here are a couple of day time sample videos using my wr1 as a dedicated rear camera. In sample 1 I'm not sure why the video is so grainy. The only thing I can attribute it to is the heat (101 here in Texas today) or the light change. In sample 2 the video quality seems to improve. These two videos are consecutive. Don't mind the audio, I was trying to edit out the sound because of phone conversations.

Forget about nighttime videos. The rear windows on my car are double tinted. Factory 30% with 5% limo over that. All that can be seen during the night videos is headlights.

Sample 1:

Sample 2:

I have had this camera for more than a year now. Its a true workhorse. Hot (175F) or cold (0f) it doesn't matter. It work 100%. It happen that the suction cups dry out and needed a drop of water to stay on, but that it.

You don't need any "good luck" with this camera, because its just so rocket solid.

I have a pretty dark tint on my mini van. Here is a photo at night, dirty window and rain. There is no street light, only his front light and the break light from our car. You can almost read the license plate. If the windows had been cleaned, it will be the perfect shoot, but I like to show how it preform, when its under bad condition.
Frame 2018.04.28 22-05-18 (0-05-19.826).jpg

Last edited:
I have had this camera for more than a year now. Its a true workhorse. Hot (175F) or cold (0f) it doesn't matter. It work 100%. It happen that the suction cups dry out and needed a drop of water to stay on, but that it.

You don't need any "good luck" with this camera, because its just so rocket solid.

I have a pretty dark tint on my mini van. Here is a photo at night, dirty window and rain. There is no street light, only his front light and the break light from our car. You can almost read the license plate. If the windows had been cleaned, it will be the perfect shoot, but I like to show how it preform, when its under bad condition.
View attachment 38545
Looks good, but probably not as dark of a tint job that's on my rear windows.

Yep, no "luck" needed, I'm not sure what that meant, but I don't think luck has anything to do with my videos? Anyway, I'll post some night time videos with my read window cleaned and in traffic. Maybe compare screen shots.

Edit: I'm also not sure why the video is horribly grainy in the first video I posted (labeled wr1 sample 1). This is in a low light condition, not night time. The car's plates behind me can't even be read.

Yep, no "luck" needed, I'm not sure what that meant,

Some dash camera can be as Forrest Gump would have said "Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you gonna get".

I'm also not sure why the video is horribly grainy in the first video I posted (labeled wr1 sample 1). This is in a low light condition, not night time. The car's plates behind me can't even be read.

Its looks like a youtube compression.

Is there an easy way to post raw footage?

As @Dashmellow write there some online storage you can use and provide a link to, but there will not be any nice video link as from youtube.
https://wetransfer.com/ is another good site.

You can setup a video server and run some DDNS from home, that is cheap and you got almost unlimited storage, but you need some IT knowledge. You could also exposed you own ip address, so you better have a good firewall.

Most people here provide youtube video, some with a link to raw video (people sometime request that) or a still photo, if there want to point out something specific.

Back