WR1 motion detection.

nrvous1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I am fairly new to the forum, but I had a question about the motion setting on the wr1. I currently have a Magellan MiVue 480D dual channel camera in my car, but it's a battery model cam and I'm not sure how long it's going to last here in south Texas heat. So, I wanted to switch to a capacitor rear camera and I have a wr1 laying around that I figured I can use. I ordered an Opia2 that should be in sometime next week that will be my dedicated front facing camera. I reached out to Vico with the same question for the Opia2.

My question is, I have two power outlets in my car. One is located in plain sight and is only powered on when the car is running. The second power outlet is hidden in the center console, but easily accessible. Can I set the motion detection on since constant power will be supplied to the wr1? When can I tell the wr1 has gone into standby if no motion is detected? I hooked the wr1 to a battery pack in my house and set the motion detection on. It seems as if the camera stops recording after about 5-7 minutes if there isn't any motion to be detected. The red led light flashes rapidly and the green led light continues to flash at a normal rate, but when motion is detected the red led light turns solid and the green led continues to flash at a normal rate. When the red led light flashes rapidly does that mean the wr1 is in standby mode?

I apologize for the length of this post.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The red light is solid when recording so I would think the flashing means it is in stand by mode. The flashing green means the wifi is on but not connected. When the camera is connected to your phone via wif the green light goes solid.

I don't have the manual near me but I thought it stopped recording sooner than 5 minutes after the motion stops but it may record based on the time you set for regular video. If you set the camera to record one minute clips, perhaps it does the same during motion detection. In fact I would almost bet on it.

They make devices which power the camera when the car is turned off so as to allow you to record when away from the car, but which stop powering the camera when the car voltage drops below a certain point to prevent you from draining the battery. The problem is this point is about 8 to 12 hours after you stop the car. So it won't even record the entire night much less over the weekend.

The red light is solid when recording so I would think the flashing means it is in stand by mode. The flashing green means the wifi is on but not connected. When the camera is connected to your phone via wif the green light goes solid.

I don't have the manual near me but I thought it stopped recording sooner than 5 minutes after the motion stops but it may record based on the time you set for regular video. If you set the camera to record one minute clips, perhaps it does the same during motion detection. In fact I would almost bet on it.

They make devices which power the camera when the car is turned off so as to allow you to record when away from the car, but which stop powering the camera when the car voltage drops below a certain point to prevent you from draining the battery. The problem is this point is about 8 to 12 hours after you stop the car. So it won't even record the entire night much less over the weekend.
Ahh I see. Yeah that makes sense now since I to have the clips set to 5 minute increments.

I have a vico power plus hooked up to my front facing camera which cuts the power when the battery reaches the low voltage cut off like you said maybe I can install another one for the rear wr1.

Ahh I see. Yeah that makes sense now since I to have the clips set to 5 minute increments.

I have a vico power plus hooked up to my front facing camera which cuts the power when the battery reaches the low voltage cut off like you said maybe I can install another one for the rear wr1.

So how long does it power the camera before it cuts off? I don't see a point in getting another Power Plus if you are running it off the same battery as the front camera. Just put both cameras on one Vico Power Plus and when the voltage drops too low it will shut off. Installing a second one for the back camera will still shut down when the battery goes to low at the same time the front one will. The only reason I could see to add another Power Plus is if the current rating only allows one camera.

Back