F750 rear camera compatible with other model Thinkware cameras?

Gael

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

My F750 bit the dust, and it's out of the 1 year replacement window. To save myself some money, I was thinking of just replacing the F750 with another Thinkware device (F750 again, F770, F800 or F800 Pro). Do we know which camera(s) are compatible with the F750's rear camera?

Thinkware says that the X550 and X500 are compatible with the rear camera but I'm assuming at least the F770 is too, since the F770 firmware works with the F750.

Can anyone help confirm/clarify with me?

Thanks!

The ACTUAL rear camera will work with the X550 & F770 however the front to rear cable you have installed may need replacing too. If you have a straight connector both ends of your cable it will fit the X550 fine, it will fit the F770 IF YOU CUT a small square from the flap that covers the power socket (Obviosuly the cable won't look as neat as normal as it will be sticking out rather than angled upwards) If you have a right angle connector at the front then it WON'T fit the F770 as the angle is 180 degrees wrong so your unable to plug it into the F770 as the sockets recessed. I Don't think the angle cable will fit the X550 either as i think it makes the cable angle towards the mount which then gets in the way but i'm not 100% on this as it's not a common occurrence.

Rear camera won't work with F800 range at all.

Clear as mud lol??!!

The ACTUAL rear camera will work with the X550 & F770 however the front to rear cable you have installed may need replacing too. If you have a straight connector both ends of your cable it will fit the X550 fine, it will fit the F770 IF YOU CUT a small square from the flap that covers the power socket (Obviosuly the cable won't look as neat as normal as it will be sticking out rather than angled upwards) If you have a right angle connector at the front then it WON'T fit the F770 as the angle is 180 degrees wrong so your unable to plug it into the F770 as the sockets recessed. I Don't think the angle cable will fit the X550 either as i think it makes the cable angle towards the mount which then gets in the way but i'm not 100% on this as it's not a common occurrence.

Rear camera won't work with F800 range at all.

Clear as mud lol??!!
Hah, clear as mud indeed!

How about the power cable? I have hardwired my F750, can I reuse the power cable from it, or is the F770's different?

Power is the same for all of them these days...

Back