Vicovation Vico-WF1 - WISH LIST (Suggested Firmware Feature Enhancements)

the chipset will only run to 70 degrees anyway
The overheat shutdown is there to protect the camera, I can't see them ever wanting to turn this off

Something they really have to consider...for usage in parked mode in uncovered shelter! In hot country.
I tink blackv.. camera can run away with their overheat problem by adding on Tis so call auto shutdown "clever" feature.

1) sd card problem, cam will hanged.
Replace another card, hope no more problem.
Make sure you let the card completely format when you first put it in. I have ran across this problem and i think it was because i did not let the camera format the card completely.

Make sure you let the card completely format when you first put it in. I have ran across this problem and i think it was because i did not let the camera format the card completely.
Performed thru formatter software, problem remained. After changing the card, now seems ok. Let me run thru...hope no more problem. Thanks for the advise.

Performed thru formatter software, problem remained. After changing the card, now seems ok. Let me run thru...hope no more problem. Thanks for the advise.
just curious what brand did you use first and change to?

The Firmware Version 1.51 was released with some improvements and new functions.
Thanks I'll have a look when I get home

Just updated to latest firmware.

My wish list have cum truth!!

One of the improvement is the low temp endurance. Hope this can solve the auto shut off I currently facing. If on it 24/7 from now onward.

As for the new function they have added, the "wifi auto off"
Something good....although one of a nice bro hv already advised me a solution...

UPDATE Jan 2014 FW 1.51

1. Improved image quality. Enhance the sharpness and clearness.
2. Improve low temperature endurance
3. Add “Second” digits into Time Stamp.

1. WiFi Auto Off
2. Rotate Video 180 degrees
3. Audio Alert Language Selections.
4. Add German interface and voice notification.

WF1 looks amazing at night time under one streetlight compared to before when almost everything was crushed to black. It's almost TF2 good.

RAW Sample at night (amazing quality now)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fm20l190d1k7jwl/Fragment of MOV_0012-17 (9-11-06 PM - 9-12-22 PM).MP4

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I have parked my ride under hot sun(min 4hrs) and I confirmed that the cam will be shut down automatically.
The new firmware have not resolve my problem....

Qns: why the cam did not auto "on" after cool down to room temp?
What is the new feature "improve low temp endurance"? Is this for cold country when the temp gone subzero?

Hi guys,

I have parked my ride under hot sun(min 4hrs) and I confirmed that the cam will be shut down automatically.
The new firmware have not resolve my problem....

Qns: why the cam did not auto "on" after cool down to room temp?
What is the new feature "improve low temp endurance"? Is this for cold country when the temp gone subzero?

Hi Glee, I live in San Francisco so I won't be able to test extreme heat or extreme cold any time soon. I'd still like to help everyone out though. My understanding is the new firmware improved the cold weather operation. I'm not aware of any hot weather issues. What kind of "hot sun" are we talking about? Do you have a thermometer handy to test the precise temperature reached in your car via the green house effect? The amplified green house temperature can be pretty crazy hot under already extreme heat conditions. I can see allowing a unit to operate under cold temps safely, but it's pretty tough to get electronics to operate under "extreme" heat situations.

Chipset is good for 70c temps, temps in a closed car can exceed 30c above ambient so a 40c day can be enough to cause a shutdown if the car is parked outside in full sun

Sorry only know the metric numbers but I'm sure you guys can work it out

Chipset is good for 70c temps, temps in a closed car can exceed 30c above ambient so a 40c day can be enough to cause a shutdown if the car is parked outside in full sun

Sorry only know the metric numbers but I'm sure you guys can work it out

30C = 86F
40C = 104F
70C = 158F

For me I would like to be able to stream to my phone in real time without interrupting recording. Sometimes when I put the cam back in the car, it would be good to be able to check the angles quick without having to admin connect...disable recording...adjust...wait a while for the cam to pick up that you've disconnected to start recording.

For me I would like to be able to stream to my phone in real time without interrupting recording.
When i first bought my WF1 I thought you could do this as well, but the A5 does not support this.

One of the A7LA chips do, but I am sure it will be awhile for that feature to make it to market.

Updated the firmware version to 1.53
Having the date issue, The date is not syn to my iphone setting.

Back