70mai Firmware Update (changing from Chinese to English)

Hello Ruza,

I used your command to mute the Chinese voice and it works.

I also installed the English FW found on http://techcat.ca/threads/xiaomi-70mai-dash-cam-english-fw-guide-review-and-videos.229/ and that works too (more or less)
The problem with that patched FW is that the lady now speaks English, but the recordings have no sound.
Because I want sound with the recoding, I reverted to the Chinese version 1.0.3, but.... I still have no sound?

Because I received my camera today, I don't even know if I ever had sound with the recordings.

My question is: do you have sund with your recordings, and did you needed to do anything special t get the sound?
Could you read all parameters and send me them so I can copare with the parameters from my Camera please?

Many thanks and un saludo,

Leo

You don't need to disconnect speaker. Easiest way to mute cam is
1. Connect to dash cam Wi-Fi on phone
2. Run Chrome
3. Go to http://192.72.1.1/cgi-bin/Config.cgi?action=set&property=Camera.Menu.ApkGetVol&value=VOL0
after that camera is muted.

There is a way to get firmware and it is really simple. You need to instal Packet Capture app from Google play, then open it, install certificate. Next inside of the app find 70maidashcam app. Go to 70mai app and click on firmware update. Go back to Packet Capture, click on first captures, on first option, on the bottom there will be link to firmware.

Chinese firmware link: HTTP://rom-cdn.midrive.com.cn/SD_CarDV_70mai_1_0_3.zip

If you will be so kind and share link to English firmware, I will try to install it on Chinese version of cam.

Satbeginner, do you have audio recording enabled? By default it is off!
Maybe your video player does not read the audiotrack from the file? Use the VLC player from Google Play

I have the 70mai connected to my px5 HU via usb for power but the 70mai app on this HU is rubbish, so I wonder if this cam can transmit image through usb so I can have live feed on th HU DVR app.
I want to know if this cam can work like my actioncam (SJcam sj5000) on my HU.

I have the 70mai connected to my px5 HU via usb for power but the 70mai app on this HU is rubbish, so I wonder if this cam can transmit image through usb so I can have live feed on th HU DVR app.
I want to know if this cam can work like my actioncam (SJcam sj5000) on my HU.
You can stream RTSP in a webcam app via WiFi rtsp://192.72.1.1/liveRTSP/av4

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I successfully installed the 1.0.4 firmware on Chinese version, and now I have English voice.
Question - voice control is not working - is possible to have English Voice control on Chinese version updated to ENG or I have to buy international version?

The 70mai app uses RTSP but it lags and hangs a bit. I´ll try it on another app. Thanks!

The 70mai app uses RTSP but it lags and hangs a bit. I´ll try it on another app. Thanks!
Yup I found that and using tinycam on android

Hi guys!
Firmware for ENGLISH VERSION (not chenese) with ENGLISH VOICE control and ENGLISH VOICE commands.
from Telegram:
View attachment 39332
Version 1.0.5 eu
Firmware: SD_CarDV.bin

Bin File Upgrade Process
Step1:Take out TF card and insert it to your computer (or using a USB converter to connect computer).
Step2: Download the file named SD_CardDV.bin to the root directory of TF card.
Step3: Insert the TF card and keep the power cable is charging.
Step4: The device will automatically upgrade. DO NOT discharge until the voice prompt “Update succeeded” is over.

This version is valid for the Chinese model, I can not get it to stay in the camera .. ??
I have tested with the two applications
70MaiDashCam_1.0.5_CN.apk
70mai_1.0.1.apk
Thanks in advance

Hi
lisabon_Q3 thanks Update Eng is perfect (y)
_______
Question,
1=Can i change the video quality from 1080p to 720p ? .

2 =In emergency how to quickly stop recording ? .

3 = 64gb How many hours are recorded without a voice ?

Thanks.

Has anyone been able to access /cgi-bin/Config.cgi - I want to make some changes but the page doesn't load and the standard admin pages at /index.html don't save either

Has anyone the problem after 1.0.5 upgrade, that suddenly the cam stops record sound? I had to reset camera, now, after 2 days after reset it has happened again...

It looks like suddenly it simply stops the sound, put the sound on and will try it on weekend.

Last edited:
hello everyone
I took the plug of the battery while loading english language. now the camera is not turned on.
Is there a way to fix it.
thank you

last question if i put 1,04 english version than i ill put the

Firmware for ENGLISH VERSION (not chenese) with ENGLISH VOICE control and ENGLISH VOICE commands.
from Telegram:
View attachment 39332
Version 1.0.5 eu

or not? because different anyway?

After changing the software to English version 1.0.4, the camera does not perform voice commands: "Take a picture" and "Record video"
Please help.

Possibly
Can anyone link to the original Chinese software?

Hi guys!
from Telegram:
View attachment 39332
Version 1.0.5 eu
Firmware: SD_CarDV.bin

Bin File Upgrade Process
Step1:Take out TF card and insert it to your computer (or using a USB converter to connect computer).
Step2: Download the file named SD_CardDV.bin to the root directory of TF card.
Step3: Insert the TF card and keep the power cable is charging.
Step4: The device will automatically upgrade. DO NOT discharge until the voice prompt “Update succeeded” is over.

ast question if i put 1,04 english version than i ill put the

from Telegram:
View attachment 39332
Version 1.0.5 eu

or not? because different anyway?

Has anyone had any success getting their 70mai connected to a different wifi network? I can set the config net.dev.2 values but they get reset after a reboot.

Hey,

how can I set to automatically overwrite old files because at the moment when the space goes out there is a red LED flashing until I format the SD card.

thanks
Roli

Back