A119S V2 get out of focus

hoffeck

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi.
I have recently the a119s v2. After some time in the sun, the videos are out of focus. I have already read a lot about it. Is this a general problem with the camera or are there any chances that a new device will not be affected? Otherwise, that is a great device.

I've noticed the same happens to mine after sitting under the hot sun for a few hours. Only a slight blur. Once it cools it returns to normal.

I've noticed the same happens to mine after sitting under the hot sun for a few hours. Only a slight blur. Once it cools it returns to normal.

I am not sure if I am facing the same problem as yours.

I got bad light streaks from incoming cars, traffic lights, road lights etc and blurry/hazy.
Bought it last year (Sep 2017).

Will post pic later.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Today I get a new one. I hope this camera does not have the problem. Otherwise, I have to find another camera.

I got bad light streaks from incoming cars, traffic lights, road lights etc and blurry/hazy.

Will post pic later.

Thanks.

Update: with video

Please advise what is the problem and how to fix it.

I have detached it and tested it outside from my car.
Still got same results.
Thanks.
The focus is determined by the day's original video, the sun with the back, without CPL.

The focus is determined by the day's original video, the sun with the back, without CPL.

How about the light artifacts and hazy video?
I have cleaned the lens still same.

Thanks.

I do not watch YouTube videos.
you are on a professional forum on the DVR, get used to download the original video.
We need to understand how the registrar makes a video during the day.
Artifacts can be associated with a dirty windshield inside the car.

Will post pic later.

Thanks.
Update: with video

Please advise what is the problem and how to fix it.

Your issue seems to be much different than mine.

I am still a newbie when it comes to dash cams since I just joined but after viewing your video it looks like there is some oil or grease residue that's causing the streaking.

I would try to clean both the inside and outside windshield and pay close attention to the area where your dash cam is mounted. I use a cleaner called Stoner's Invisible Glass. I like the aerosol version since it seems to do better.

61c8%2Bva6OdL._SX425_.jpg

Got feedback from seller, it is due to 'lens wrap'.

Thanks.

Last edited:
From now, i'm officialy "in the club" :cry:
After two months my A119s get from "very good quality" to "WTF?!?! quality":vlcsnap-2018-10-12-15h34m17s448.jpg

From now, i'm officialy "in the club" :cry:
After two months my A119s get from "very good quality" to "WTF?!?! quality":

In this pic you have direct sunlight, you will never get a good image quality under such condition.
The windshield reflection also contributes to the reduced quality.

It looks like you use the official firmware. The official firmware bitrate is too low to get good details in the video.
I would recommend to use the CPL filter and one of the modified firmware versions from this thread https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119s-modified-firmware-mods-archive.35824/
MOD-6Vf - is the latest stable version, it will perform better then the latest official firmware.

Back