Yi 4k+ bitrate mod and firmware unpacker.

I think there might be something else limiting video quality other than the bitrate.

It looks like there's a bunch of configuration files that configure the camera image/filters in these files too

Hello!
I believe that the major problem preventing from higher bitrare's benefits is aggressive noise reduction, which kills details - so, it's nothing here to save with a high settings :/

So, the question is: how to turn it OFF?
I found some autoexec strings which suppose to shut it down, but seems like they aren't works.

Any ideas, please?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hello!
I believe that the major problem preventing from higher bitrare's benefits is aggressive noise reduction, which kills details - so, it's nothing here to save with a high settings :/

So, the question is: how to turn it OFF?
I found some autoexec strings which suppose to shut it down, but seems like they aren't works.

Any ideas, please?

Turning off stabilization would be one option. Turning off lens distortion correction could be another setting you can turn off.

I am thinking more generally any setting which puts more stress on the CPU or chipset to do anything except record video, such as editing on the go, needs to be turned off. There could potentially be additional hidden settings.

Turning off stabilization would be one option. Turning off lens distortion correction could be another setting you can turn off.

I am thinking more generally any setting which puts more stress on the CPU or chipset to do anything except record video, such as editing on the go, needs to be turned off. There could potentially be additional hidden settings.

Sure, those options are turned OFF allways.

But the noise reduction is the pain in the ass :)

Some additional things to try:

ISO: Set to minimum: 400?
Color profile:FLAT
Sharpness: Low (per another forum Medium introduces artifacts)

Video Quality: Low
Bitrate: As high as possible

Last edited:
I am not sure if Irungentoo posted any scripts for ISO editing but being able to set ISO to 100 would be nice.

I faced the strange issue. With 4K 70fps/200bps settings, in some cases the camera recording video with repeating frames. Still not understand why, some clips are normal and others are bad recorded.

Anyone saw this? Any ideas what is it?

I saw all the scripts. What I am saying, you are not only pushing 4k to 70fps which you need to use script to overclock the CPU/chipset but then you're also asking the camera to do it at 200mbps which is a 48% increase over 135.

I think it's about pushing the limits. Why do people overclock anything?

My question is can Yi 4k+ be pushed to match Hero 6 as far as 1080P @ 240 fps....

Right now Hero 6 is the gold standard and while Yi 4k+ has come close in some aspects...Hero 6 still stands alone overall..

we use a useless frame rate though, don't get why someone would find it useful
Slow-motion. Higher fps is better. But it require better bitrate, too :)

It doesn't matter. You can take 70fps clip and play it as 23.97 - it will work perfectly.
frame rates at multiples of 24, 25 or 30 are useful

While 70fps may or may not be useful, when Irungentoo started out, he didn't know where he'd end up so he just experimented. Perhaps he expected 90fps as a possibility since I believe that is the maximum 4k frame rate for the chipset. Ultimately he was not able to get there but you have to admire all the hard work he put into the project.

I think it's about pushing the limits. Why do people overclock anything?

My question is can Yi 4k+ be pushed to match Hero 6 as far as 1080P @ 240 fps....

Right now Hero 6 is the gold standard and while Yi 4k+ has come close in some aspects...Hero 6 still stands alone overall..
How do we know the Socionext GP1 SOC chip is not doubling frames to 240 fps?

I don't see a practical application for 240 fps! And BTW, it doesn't appear that anyone on DCT has investigated if it is true !

Back