SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

@jokiin would be the one to answer this, but I wonder how your car battery would hold up recording for that long?
Rick, maybe you can answer this question - will you be building in any functionality so that if your car is parked for 6 hours and someone knocks into it at some point during that 6 hours, instead of having to sift through potentially hours worth of timelapse footage, when the g-sensor recognises the hit it will lock that file and put it in another folder? Does it do that already? I fortunately have not had the opportunity to test that!

we need to get the basics sorted before we add any extra functionality, the G-Sensor was active previously but that was causing issues, once we get this timelapse sorted correctly we'll look at other options

I had it at 12 Hours and 1 FPS (Forgot to change it to 5 when I reset everything for the beta). Everything else was at default. Yes, when I turn the car off it records time-lapse for 2 minutes before just stopping and not doing anything for a few minutes before going into normal mode.

Here is a photo of the files, you can see it recorded only one clip of timelapse.

View attachment 40628

@jokiin My unit has been doing this as well. I have an entire night's worth of video instead of timelapse.

ok, will message you a newer version to try if you can test and let me know the result?

if you still have the same issue can you try turning G-Sensor off and let me know the result?

Its damn rare you see a lexus on the road here, let alone with Danish plates on it.
It seem like at that price range Danes go for German cars

They are everywhere in the US. I've seen at least around 3-4 people in my area who have the LS400's.

ok, will message you a newer version to try if you can test and let me know the result?

if you still have the same issue can you try turning G-Sensor off and let me know the result?

Should I try turning mine off too?

They are everywhere in the US. I've seen at least around 3-4 people in my area who have the LS400's.

Should I try turning mine off too?

yours I think may have a different issue but it can't hurt to test with G-Sensor off and see if you get any different results

@jokiin I've just been out to my car sitting on my driveway to switch off the camera for the night and lo and behold it was recording normal video instead of time-lapse even after dropping back down to 12v. I'm starting to regret ever messing with it because everything was working perfectly before!

I can't believe it's a coincidence that things go awry after changing to 12.4v?!

Yes you have cheap cars, here a car ( any car ) come with a +200% tax making Denmark one of the most expensive places to buy a new car, and not forgetting what we pay for a liter of gasoline you guys get roughly a gallon for the same price.
So when you are paying top "dollar" for your high end car, people tend to gravitate to the well known brands instead of some "Japanese BS"
Its the same with the little Japanese sports cars, in the day you did see the occasional supra, but really in that price bracket most went to Porsche instead.
A car like the Subaru impreza or the Nissan GTR i dont even think any dealers have one on display, byt they can take one home for you, you do some times see either of those but im willing to bet they are 2 - 3 hand imports.
Just like the Beemers some wanna be gangsta kids drive, there are dedicated car dealers here that are only dealing in used cars from Germany.

In General Danes are not that informed it seem, they will buy anything as long as it have high street cred or bragging rights, for instance 45% of all sold phones here are Iphones, Samsung are 35% of the annual market ( 2017 )
Danes wholehearted feel that brandishing a fruit phone, make them exceptional and unique people, which of course are not true at all.

@jokiin I've just been out to my car sitting on my driveway to switch off the camera for the night and lo and behold it was recording normal video instead of time-lapse even after dropping back down to 12v. I'm starting to regret ever messing with it because everything was working perfectly before!

I can't believe it's a coincidence that things go awry after changing to 12.4v?!

did you restart the vehicle after changing the voltage setting?

I changed it yesterday and my wife has been driving it around all day today
ok, it definitely needs to be started to set a reference voltage but I do need to double check if power needs to be disconnected in between changing voltage settings, I'll see if I can get an update on that later today

Last edited:
Yep that matches, I am using Fuse 11 for power when the car is on and Fuse 21 for constant power. Looking at that PDF tho I may switch from fuse 11 to fuse 10 since it looks like Fuse 11 is the airbag system.

What fuses do you guys recommend I should use?

Ok, needed to confirm it was the correct model, he'll come back to me soon with further detail

Ok, needed to confirm it was the correct model, he'll come back to me soon with further detail
Okay, thanks just to also let you know I did move the fuse from fuse 11 to fuse 10. So I am using Fuse 10 when the car has power and 21 for non-stop power.

Okay, thanks just to also let you know I did move the fuse from fuse 11 to fuse 10. So I am using Fuse 10 when the car has power and 21 for non-stop power.

can you check fuse 14 for the permanent feed, the problem you have could be due to the permanent power going off and on or the ACC turning back on, the symptoms are more like a permanent power feed issue though

ok, it definitely needs to be started to set a reference voltage but I do need to double check if power needs to be disconnected in between changing voltage settings, I'll see if I can get an update on that later today
So take out the fuses and put them back in?

Back