SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

can you check fuse 14 for the permanent feed, the problem you have could be due to the permanent power going off and on or the ACC turning back on, the symptoms are more like a permanent power feed issue though

Okay just tried it and seems like it is always on. I have it recording in parking mode right now so I will see if it goes back into normal mode. Also, I am guessing it does not matter how I plug it in the fuse box? Since the other one is plugged in the fuse next to it I had to rotate it facing up instead of down.

The reason I did switch the other fuse is that it was attached to the SRS airbag system circuit so was unsure if that could cause any problems or if it could cause a safety issue.

@jokiin Yea just went to check the camera and saw it was in normal recording mode after I had it parked. I may go back to the original 1.3V firmware and see if it stays in parking mode. The only issue I had with that firmware was the camera will turn it's self back on. However, it did seem to stay in parking mode.

Update: I just tried firmware 1.3 and had the same issue. Should I try another fuse?

Nope. Doesn't work. It still switches back to normal model

Is your's doing the same thing as mine? Does it only record one clip of time-lapse footage before going into normal mode?

@jokiin Yea just went to check the camera and saw it was in normal recording mode after I had it parked. I may go back to the original 1.3V firmware and see if it stays in parking mode. The only issue I had with that firmware was the camera will turn it's self back on. However, it did seem to stay in parking mode.

ok thanks, please let me know what you find

thought you had done that already, are you still on the door lock fuse or did you move it?
No I am using the fuse you guys recommended

did we give you V1.33T or have you been using V1.32 and V1.30 for testing?
Yea the 1.33 version was what I was using before I went back to 1.30. All 3 have had the same issue. I'm wondering if something could be up with my hard wiring kit. Do you think the grounding point may cause this issue? I know I sent you a DM of how I have my grounding point setup. Just wondering if it could be the cause.

Yea the 1.33 version was what I was using before I went back to 1.30. All 3 have had the same issue. I'm wondering if something could be up with my hard wiring kit. Do you think the grounding point may cause this issue? I know I sent you a DM of how I have my grounding point setup. Just wondering if it could be the cause.

power supply fault or poor ground is certainly a possible cause of erratic behavior, I don't recall what your grounding point was, just checked my messages and couldn't find it, if you have that handy could you resend?

power supply fault or poor ground is certainly a possible cause of erratic behavior, I don't recall what your grounding point was, just checked my messages and couldn't find it, if you have that handy could you resend?
yea the name of the convo was "Grounding for the hardwire kit". Here is the photo I sent
DQ3unMt.jpg

yea the name of the convo was "Grounding for the hardwire kit". Here is the photo I sent

I've got 1140 conversation threads in my inbox, once they disappear off the first page they get a bit hard to find as it's not searchable, anyway the grounding point looks ok, hard to know for sure without a multi-meter

Can arrange a replacement hardwire kit to rule that out, I'll have to arrange that with @Street Guardian USA

I've got 1140 conversation threads in my inbox, once they disappear off the first page they get a bit hard to find as it's not searchable, anyway the grounding point looks ok, hard to know for sure without a multi-meter

Can arrange a replacement hardwire kit to rule that out, I'll have to arrange that with @Street Guardian USA

I do have a multi-meter if you would want me to check the ground. Not too sure how to test it since I used it to see which fuses are on when the car was off.

I do have a multi-meter if you would want me to check the ground. Not too sure how to test it since I used it to see which fuses are on when the car was off.

did you test for voltages at the fuses using the same ground point?

did you test for voltages at the fuses using the same ground point?
Before I put the hardware kit on I tested it on a different ground point near the gas pedal, however, it was just a metal rod. The thing read a little over 12V which what told me it was active.

I just too went out and watched the camera to see whats going on when it kicks out of time-lapse mode. I was watching the light on the hardwiring kit and saw it go out then the camera shut off.

Just tested the voltage of my battery and it's at 12.04 volts so that is probably why the past 2 days the camera has been turning off shortly after parking. Ill driver her around today and watch when I get back home and see how the camera reacts.

Back