70mai Firmware Update (changing from Chinese to English)

How to get video clips into the cloud?
To transfer to a specific cloud with a wifi connection?

Hi,
I just got this cam from Amazon UK, is suppose to be the US/EN version but it talk in chinese with 1.04 firmware.
So I followed the instruction on this trade but when I put the SD ( I formatted on the cam ) on the cam and connect the power it start talking and the light blink green , whne I looked at the card the bin file was gone.
I try to format the card on my PC and copy the file on it, this time the light was red flashing.
Thanks for any suggestion.
paolo

format the card using the 70MAI android app.

Chinese to English upgrade finished!
The videos are recorded with sound but the Android video player says "audio codec not supported".
If played with Media Player Classic w/ K-Lite codec pack, the sound plays just fine!

Chinese to English upgrade finished!
The videos are recorded with sound but the Android video player says "audio codec not supported".
If played with Media Player Classic w/ K-Lite codec pack, the sound plays just fine!
You mean that you put original English firmware to Chinese version?

Krawiec

Thanks formatting worked fine, now I'm on the 1.5 english .
All working as expected.
:)

Hi guys!
Firmware for ENGLISH VERSION dash cam (international, with "70MAI" on board, not chenese)
with ENGLISH VOICE control and ENGLISH VOICE commands.

from Telegram:
View attachment 39332
Version 1.0.5 eu
Firmware: SD_CarDV.bin

Bin File Upgrade Process
Step1:Take out TF card and insert it to your computer (or using a USB converter to connect computer).
Step2: Download the file named SD_CardDV.bin to the root directory of TF card.
Step3: Insert the TF card and keep the power cable is charging.
Step4: The device will automatically upgrade. DO NOT discharge until the voice prompt “Update succeeded” is over.

Updated using this Firmware but after checking with the 70mai apps it is still at firmware 1.0.464AAE309-7360-490F-98CE-BD6F1E4CE4CA.jpeg64AAE309-7360-490F-98CE-BD6F1E4CE4CA.jpeg

Morning

Is there a firmware update to flip the video?
Got mine today and the video is inverted

UK so RHD which means the power socket is on the right, button and lens on the left, writing correct way up

But the video is upside down

If I turn it upside down for correct video the sticker wont reach the windscreen

Any Ideas please?????

Attachments

• IMG_2417.JPG
    IMG_2417.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 63
Undo the screw that holds the camera to the mounting plate and rotate it to give a better angle? That's what I did for the one in my rear window.

Look at the config web page to change the rotation or change/hide the water mark?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I dont understand the bit about undoing the screw, the unit is as it comes out the box, its just the video that is upside down. I cannot mount the cam on my windscreen as show in countless videos and pictures without the video being upside down

is there a way to use this
http://192.72.1.1/cgi-bin/Config.cgi?action=set&property=Camera.Menu.ApkGetVol&value=VOL0, but change the values to turn the video upside down (so it is the right way round)?

see the picture, the camera is the right way up but the video is upside down in the app. the camera cannot be fixed to the windscreen the right way up (lens and button to the left, usb to the right, writing correct way up)

Attachments

• IMG_2423.JPG
    IMG_2423.JPG
    355.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
The bit where it pivots can be unscrewed and the bracket rotated - may give you a bit more space for mounting
I dont understand the bit about undoing the screw, the unit is as it comes out the box, its just the video that is upside down. I cannot mount the cam on my windscreen as show in countless videos and pictures without the video being upside down

is there a way to use this
http://192.72.1.1/cgi-bin/Config.cgi?action=set&property=Camera.Menu.ApkGetVol&value=VOL0, but change the values to turn the video upside down (so it is the right way round)?

see the picture, the camera is the right way up but the video is upside down in the app. the camera cannot be fixed to the windscreen the right way up (lens and button to the left, usb to the right, writing correct way up)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sorted!!!!!

Tried it on an old Android phone, right way round

Problem must be IOS

Wonder why no one has said anything before (iphone se 11.4 and ipad 12beta)

Hello all,

I know that maybe i did not post correctly, please re-direct it to the correct topic if not ok I just want to ask you guys about this camera a little bit.
Just bought the camera a few days ago, it is the international version 70mai in english, and a i have a little bit of a "problem" whit it.

On my Skoda fabia MK1 the 12v DC current from the lighter it has continuous current even when the engine is turned off, and therefore the camera dosen't stop and i am afraid that it will drain my car battery.

The "problem" that i have is that whe i try to turn it off manually by pressing the button nothing happens, the camera is still going and the green LED light is still "breathing".
To stop the camera i need to unplug the camera from the cigarette socket...which is kind of annoying... Can anyone please tell me how to correct stop the camera from the button? Do i need first to set off something in the app? Please help! I don't know which version of firmware i have but...it's in english...(beacuse also the voice comand like "take picture" dose not working correctly) Thanks for your support.

Attachments

• 70mai.JPG
    70mai.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I got one today Chinese version.

Just one question how do you save a video?

Have you find a way to save a video?

video footage is saving automatically on the memory card mate,
do you mean protected (event) video?
I've checked manual (attached) and there is no information in regard of starting event recording with the button

Attachments

• XIAOMI-70MAI.pdf
    205.6 KB · Views: 61
Hello all,

I know that maybe i did not post correctly, please re-direct it to the correct topic if not ok I just want to ask you guys about this camera a little bit.
Just bought the camera a few days ago, it is the international version 70mai in english, and a i have a little bit of a "problem" whit it.

On my Skoda fabia MK1 the 12v DC current from the lighter it has continuous current even when the engine is turned off, and therefore the camera dosen't stop and i am afraid that it will drain my car battery.

The "problem" that i have is that whe i try to turn it off manually by pressing the button nothing happens, the camera is still going and the green LED light is still "breathing".
To stop the camera i need to unplug the camera from the cigarette socket...which is kind of annoying... Can anyone please tell me how to correct stop the camera from the button? Do i need first to set off something in the app? Please help! I don't know which version of firmware i have but...it's in english...(beacuse also the voice comand like "take picture" dose not working correctly) Thanks for your support.

Hi,
there is impossible to stop recording manually, once powered dashcam starts recording and continue to do so until powered off. All what you can do, is to power it off pressing and holding down power button (manual attached to above post)
When device turned off 
Click to power on the device;
When device turned on 
Click to open/close Wi-Fi hotspot; 
Press and hold to power off the device;
Click 3 times to format the TF card; 
Click 5 times to restore default settings.

Back