412GW Help - Parking Mode

J V O H

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have today had my dashcam wired up to permanent live fuse in my car,

I am looking for help to set it up if possible, my car has been badly damaged recently during the night with someone scratches both sides of my car with what looks like a key. I want my dashcam to either record constantly at night or record when someone walks infront of my car.

is this possible and if so can someone explain the setup?

thanks

if the camera is wired to permanent power then it will just work all the time, make sure you have a large enough memory card to store a whole night worth of video

if the camera is wired to permanent power then it will just work all the time, make sure you have a large enough memory card to store a whole night worth of video

It is wired to permanent live but I don't know if I have it set wrong. I have 128gb card. The camera only seems to record when the g sensor is activated. Unless I am viewing it wrong. Hoping someone can help

hard to know without knowing what settings you have selected for each option in the menu

Parking mode: ON

G Sensor: High

the camera doesnt record constantly when driving either only at certain times, I have a feeling I have programmed it wrongly, can you advise on which settings should be on what?

I think you'll find the parking mode setting is intended for use with ignition switched power, once the camera powers off it goes to sleep and will wake from shock using the internal battery, best to direct your question to @NextBase Tiffany for clarification

Parking mode will cause the Dash Cam to turn off after 5 minutes of no movement, if you want 24/7 power turn it off.

Parking mode does work best when on ignition live.

Back