Hardwiring

ren086

Reaction score
Country
Malta
Hi,

I am new here and this my first post!

I shall be receiving my Viofo A119 dashcam soon (hopefully) :)

Today I received the hardwiring kit for the camera and I am a bit confused how to install it. I am not that technical and would not like to mess in the fusebox so a different idea crossed my mind.

I was thinking about connecting it to the back of the cigarette lighter. I will splice the negative and positive cables and connect the hardwiring kit to them. Is it advisable or did anybody did the same? Thanks for your input!

I'm sure it can be done, and safely, but I'm no auto electrician. To be fair, the fuse box with a piggyback fuse onto something like the rear window is the more common and safe option, the only complications tend to be dependant on how accessible your fuse box is within your car. My current car the fuses are under the bonnet which is too much of a challenge for me, but in my Audi they were by the steering wheel and therefore VERY easy to set up even for someone like me who had never done it before

I was thinking about connecting it to the back of the cigarette lighter. I will splice the negative and positive cables and connect the hardwiring kit to them. Is it advisable or did anybody did the same? Thanks for your input!

lots of stuff used to get hardwired that way back before fuse taps when glass and ceramic fuses in cars was a thing, works fine

Hard wire kits are very easy to install using the piggyback fuse taps. You would just need to figure out what type fuse your car has to get the right fuse tap. It's quite possible someone on this forum may have done an install video for that type of hard wire kit. Hopefully your fuse box is inside the cabin instead of under the bonnet like DashcamDPR, those can be a bit more involved.

Back