Size matters?

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
An excellent point was raised (and something that I'm aware of) that we haven't provided any size details, partly this is because there are still some things that have to be finalised which may effect the weight, we're only talking a gram or two but still, I don't want to take those measurements off pre production samples as they may not be entirely accurate, the physical size though won't change more than a fraction, if anything.

To anyone that views the website when it's done may not get a feel for actual size, we've used larger pics so the detail is easier to see but they're truly not as large as a truck in real life.

To give you a better idea though I've just snapped a couple of pics with objects that people may be more familiar with.

Behind a SIM card (thought better of using my credit card but SIM cards and credit cards are the same size)

002.JPG

And next to an 0801 which many people are probably familiar with also

003.JPG

Also worth noting for anyone that's looking for detail, the housing in these pictures are from our first injection test, they're not production versions, just added these for size reference only

Wow!!! It's a lot smaller than I'd imagined.

Shouldn't be hard to stealth this little baby onto the windscreen.

Thanks for the extra info Jokiin, it is very appreciated. Do you have any side profile pictures with a reference object?

Cheers :) Mario

Wow!!! It's a lot smaller than I'd imagined.

Shouldn't be hard to stealth this little baby onto the windscreen.

Thanks for the extra info Jokiin, it is very appreciated. Do you have any side profile pictures with a reference object?

Cheers :) Mario

yeah it's not quite as thin as a credit card ;) by necessity it's about 30mm at the bottom as that's the size of the housing we needed to accommodate the CMOS and lens assembly, we have 5 PC boards in total to squeeze in so there's pratical limits to how small we could go

will arrange some pics later, because it mounts flat to the window it actually fits in places where a lot of other cams might be a problem, as a rough guide if you could fit a cigarette packet up behind your mirror the camera should be no issue, eg if you look at the 0801 as an example if we line the brackets up our whole assembled camera and bracket is only about 10mm wider at the bottom than just the mount bracket on the 0801 so we don't take up a lot of volume in total

My worry would be surface area. While only the size of a credit card, if it were neccesary to mount it flat, in clear view on the windshield, it would stand out and collect a lot of heat. Hopefully we could mount it on those shade dots with the lens on the bottom.

My worry would be surface area. While only the size of a credit card, if it were neccesary to mount it flat, in clear view on the windshield, it would stand out and collect a lot of heat. Hopefully we could mount it on those shade dots with the lens on the bottom.

that's ideal if it suits the particular vevicle

To anyone that views the website when it's done may not get a feel for actual size, we've used larger pics so the detail is easier to see but they're truly not as large as a truck in real life

I'm used to bigger cameras with my old mainstay being my TF2. I didn't expect it to be huge, but even i am surprised at how small the camera is. Can't wait to see more

I just notised today that this recorder will fit in front of my mirror like a glove, mounted on the dots and with the lens peeking out under them, the screen will be visibel over the mirror.
Hope there will be GPS speed displayed on the screen, kinda like my lukas, and if there allso will be a Compass like some DOD then it will be even better.

Wow! the cam looked bigger in another picture! Can't believe it is that small.

I'll be holding off from buying DR500 for now.

Yeah it's a little bit deceptive and probably looks bigger in pictures than it is, even some other cameras are quite small the mount often makes them overly big and they hang down too much as a result

I to am amazed at the size it sure bodes well given the spec and capability for potential sales in the (near????) future.;);)

Back