Nextbase Replay 3 software not working

uktivo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 612GW
Hi all,
I've just invested in 10 x 612GW's for my fleet of company cars. The cameras, although not great images, are acceptable. Honestly, wished I'd purchased the 412 version that I've used before as the image from that unit seems to be better quality to me and I would have saved some money. Anyway.. that's not why I'm on here today...

All car's have their number plates and GPS data / Speed etc, turned on. However, sometimes I want to remove this information before sending the files outside of the business. When I load a 4k - 3min file into the Replay 3 software and run through the editing options, I can remove this information but if i do, when i click continue the software goes off doing it's thing but nothing happens for hours. I eventually have to cancel the process and try again. Each time it's the same result. I can't seem to remove the data at the bottom of the image with the software.

I'm running a very powerful macbook pro 2018 edition. 2.9ghz i7 core with 16gb of 2133mhz ram. This is plenty powerful enough to perform this simple operation.

Two questions:

1. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

2. If so, are there any other pieces of software I can use to remove this information please?

Thanks in advance of your answers........

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 14.03.46.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 14.03.46.png
    502.8 KB · Views: 6
How large are the files ?

I've successfully edited some 450Mb ones from my old 412 and 221Mb ones from my 380...... but they were on a previous version of Replay3.

If this is something you need to do often then set the recording file time limit down to minimum, I'm using 3 minutes.

On a final note I think my 380 is far better than my 412 for usage. No fiddly buttons, no ball & stalk vibration and no .lo files. It's also far easier to mount/unmount one handed.

I'm now going to try and edit a 450Mb 412 file to see if it works .......................... I'll be back .................................

............. took 28 secs to finish the 'estimating time' stage then 3 minutes to process the file. During the Editing stage I was given the option to remove the GPS and Sensor data, so, all you need to do is give your vehicles pseudo registration numbers and Bob's your uncle (once you have the 'estimated time stage' sorted).

My PC is:

Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU:
Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM:
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz

Last edited:

I've successfully edited some 450Mb ones from my old 412 and 221Mb ones from my 380...... but they were on a previous version of Replay3.

If this is something you need to do often then set the recording file time limit down to minimum.

As far as cutting out the lower info, I'm not aware of anything automatic that will remove it, but I'm no expert in video editing.

On a final note I think my 380 is far better than my 412 for usage. No fiddly buttons, no ball & stalk vibration and no .lo files. It's also far easier to mount/unmount one handed.

I'm now going to try and edit a 450Mb 412 file to see if it works .......................... I'll be back .................................

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. The file I'm trying to do right now is 174mb. If I lower the output resolution to 480, then it flies through the conversion. With no issues, move this to 720 and it stalls again. Weird.....

If this is something you need to do often then set the recording file time limit down to minimum, I'm using 3 minutes.

............. took 28 secs to finish the 'estimating time' stage then 3 minutes to process the file. During the Editing stage I was given the option to remove the GPS and Sensor data, so, all you need to do is give your vehicles pseudo registration numbers and Bob's your uncle (once you have the 'estimated time stage' sorted).

My PC is:

Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU:
Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM:
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz

I clearly have an issue then, I've left mine for nearly 3 hours and it's still processing a 174mb file. I will report it to nextbase to see what they suggest. I know they will say it's my PC but I know my pc is more than capable of processing more demanding video workloads than this.

Thanks for your assistance.

Actually, the 480 choice is not working afterall. So ignore my comment above.

If you can Dropbox me a suspect file via a PM I can see if it works on mine.

Be quick though because I'm off on hols Sunday.

If you can Dropbox me a suspect file via a PM I can see if it works on mine.

Be quick though because I'm off on hols Sunday.
Hi, I've sent you a link via conversations. Hopefully you can see it?

Got it and I can edit it OK in Windows.

@NextBase Tiffany - Must be a Mac incompatibility.

I've also added a few more comments re the footage and sent you a link to one of my 380 files for comparison.

unless you're cropping the video you're not going to be able to remove stuff that is embedded in the video, if you want to crop you might find using a third party video editor would be a better option, will cost money though

unless you're cropping the video you're not going to be able to remove stuff that is embedded in the video, if you want to crop you might find using a third party video editor would be a better option, will cost money though
The replay software allows you to remove the speed, GPS data and registration information. Unfortunately, not on my Mac.

The replay software allows you to remove the speed, GPS data and registration information. Unfortunately, not on my Mac.
I'm not sure it works how you want even on Windows, they have an option to remove the data from the files, that won't remove it from the video, it looks like they have an option to mask the GPS location data though

nextbase.jpg

The trouble seems to be that the Mac version of Replay doesn't complete past the initialisation stage so:

hlD0aPK.png

I have just purchased a 612GW on the August'18 Bank Holiday, and the Replay 3 software always hangs up on the final "Process started, calculating time remaining" stage. I am only trying to save a 3-second clip from a 3min 4K video. But unlike the OP, I am using a Windows 7 PC.

I have just purchased a 612GW on the August'18 Bank Holiday, and the Replay 3 software always hangs up on the final "Process started, calculating time remaining" stage. I am only trying to save a 3-second clip from a 3min 4K video. But unlike the OP, I am using a Windows 7 PC.
Exactly my issue. Please report this to nextbase as so far the support are telling me that there are no issues with their software.
I'm probably going to return all of the 10 cameras I've purchased as being unfit for purpose.
I'm going to spend one more day on this issue then if no luck reject the lot.

Update from Next base support team... although this doesn't explain why there isn't an explosion of people complaining that the edit software supplied for Nextbase cameras isn't working. Not sure I'm convinced.

Hello,

Thank you for the video, I have spoken to the development team and have found this is a know bug that is being looked in to at the moment.

Sorry for the delay in the reply.

Update from Next base support team... although this doesn't explain why there isn't an explosion of people complaining that the edit software supplied for Nextbase cameras isn't working. Not sure I'm convinced.

no explosion is probably an indicator that very few people use the editing functions

Tiffany.

Unfortunately, I've returned the cameras for a refund now as we have to have the ability to convert clips easily. Although I've actually purchased two 380 cameras to trial. Just awaiting delivery directly from Nextbase..

Yes - I was on the phone to the Halfords store that you visited.

I wanted to respond anyway as you won't be the only one, a fix should be in place as soon as possible.

Back