SD Cards!

isdoo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please clarify compatible SD cards for this model.

Having read various threads there seems to be conflicting views.

Tiffany says that 'any good Class 10 card should work'. here

This is backed up by the Kingston site at https://www.kingstonmemoryshop.co.uk/memory-card-upgrades/dash-cam/nextbase/nextbase-512gw-dash-cam who guarantees

Class: Class 10 U1 (UHS-I)

and

Class: Class 10 U3 (UHS-I)

But Tiffany then says the Samsung Evo Plus which is a Class 10 U3 does not work here - a contradiction to her other statement. I am not sure if this is a way for Nextbase (probably not Tiffany) to only recommend Nextbase cards and none others. But it IS very confusing.

What about Samsung Ultra, Extreme, Extreme Pro, Extreme Plus cards?

Suffice to say - I am confused!

Please can someone tell me if I should be getting a Class 10 U1 (UHS-I) or a Class 10 U3 (UHS-I) microSDXC Memory Card.

Ordinary cards are TLC Nand and are warranty void when used in a dashcam . Too many entities are still promoting them as the void part is often hidden in online warranty details .

One day we will be all singing from the same sheet and ordinary TLC will be a swear word , but someone pops up and says yep all good 2 years , but..

The camera down the line could be flashing it's recording , but is anything on the card ?

Not really worth the risk when you really might need that crucial footage .

High Endurance cards are MLC Nand , SanDisk High Endurance / Samsung Pro Endurance etc are built for the job of continuously being overwritten plus their controllers are better to prevent recording errors .

TLC Nand / MLC Nand - no idea what they are sorry.

I understand the Class 10 etc. which according to Nextbase is fine.

Class 10 is fine .

However Nextbase is wrong and along with Halfords are promoting the wrong cards that will void card warrany .

Av6YYGO.jpg

Sandisk_Ultra32GB_DoNotBuy.jpg

ALL ARE WRONG as is Samsung Evo , Evo Plus etc.

It's not a marketing gimmick the High Endurance cards have a different memory chip .

Correct....

he-card-jpg.41067

ZT0xMjA5NjAwJmg9NTAwJnE9NzUmdD1vdXRib3VuZCZ1cmw9aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZzdGF0aWMubXltZW1vcnkuY28udWslMkZtZWRpYSUyRmNhdGFsb2clMkZwcm9kdWN0JTJGUyUyRmElMkZTYW1zdW5nLTM0NzczM0YuanBnJnc9NTAw

Absolutely and a 5 year warranty to boot (y)

Can you not just post a link to your damn great post on SD cards instead of repeating it ad nauseum every time someone asks?

Do what my dad does and don't worry about it .

Nextbase and a SanDisk Ultra...

It is good that there are dashcam warranty specific cards now appearing. I'll stick with my Evo until/if it starts giving issues then go with an endurance card.

SanDisk class 10 card from Tesco and no issues.

My old 512g has a SanDisk, my 512gw has a SanDisk, my friends 412gw has a SanDisk and I've just installed 512gw with rear camera and that's got a SanDisk as well. None have issues at all.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

And I'm currently using a 128gb SanDisk ultra class 10 in mine.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T 512GW 30
G 512GW 4
Back