Ok to cut off the cigarette lighter plug end and use the rest as a DC/DC converter?

did you test it prior to cutting the plug off?

is the camera turning off, or the screen goes off immediately after the boot logo. any LED's still on?
yeah it was stupid of me to not testing it before cutting the plug off. It reboots after the logo and only LED on were the RED MIC and WHITE LED POWER

What voltage does your multimeter read on the fuse you tapped into?

unplugged the GPS yet?
ok luckily i have a 5v 1A output charger and it turns on and working correctly. I guess i'll go back and look at the add-a-fuse kit or wiring.

check you haven't plugged the GPS into the AV out port, if you do that the screen will come on for a second and then go off, very common mistake

check you haven't plugged the GPS into the AV out port, if you do that the screen will come on for a second and then go off, very common mistake
yeah the GPS is plugged in the middle slot all this time not AV

if it works on your other adapter then yeah, double check your wiring, make sure the ground is good as that can prevent you getting a clean 5v out of the power supply

if it works on your other adapter then yeah, double check your wiring, make sure the ground is good as that can prevent you getting a clean 5v out of the power supply
the problem appear to be the mini usb connector. I tried to plug the provided cable into my TI Nspire (using same rating cable charger) and it keeps rebooting the calculator instead of charging. Testing the cable seem to have 5.3V coming out of the cable.

Last edited:
the problem appear to be the mini usb connector. I tried to plug the provided cable into my TI Nspire (using same rating cable charger) and it keeps rebooting the calculator instead of charging. Testing the cable seem to have 5.2V coming out of the cable.

where did you buy from?

12V from 1 end and 0 from the other
That’s very odd. It’s extrmely unusual to have exactly 12.0V, especially while the engine is running. Lots of circuits can run other voltages as well, like 3V, 5.4V, 9.2V, etc, depending on make and model.

Back