2017-2018 CR-V install?

JustM3

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone either installed a two-channel dash cam or come across a tutorial on a 2017-2018 Honda CR-V? Could really use some help on installing my BlackVue.

First, you don't say what type of camera you have. But in any event you could probably follow the directions that this Honda CRV uses:
Our 2-channel dash cam is made by blackview, supposedly one of the top 3 best, but like most of the Wi-Fi cloud-enabled models, it is very prone to damage from heat do to these things compact size .... & direct sunlight in a car can get up to 150° f on hot summer days.

Last edited:
First, you don't say what type of camera you have. But in any event you could probably follow the directions that this Honda CRV uses:

Thanks, I’ve viewed that video before but the entire vehicle is different. It’s a BlackVue DR-650S. I’m certain the DR-750S install would be the same.

Our install is in the Tesla Model X, easily more complicated but you may get a better idea of running cable from watching any one of a ½ dozen videos involving that model in your camera.
Good luck!

Our install is in the Tesla Model X, easily more complicated but you may get a better idea of running cable from watching any one of a ½ dozen videos involving that model in your camera.
Good luck!

I’m mostly interested in routing through rear hatch.

On my 10G Civic, I tackled the 'how to get into the hatch problem' as follows. Of course this may not apply to your CR-V.
This also assumes that you have already taken the rubber door seal and hatch plastic covers off.

1. Open the hatch and pull both ends of the rubber flexible tube ends from the body/tailgate.
2. From the outside of the car, insert a flexible 'mouse' through the bodywork into the headlining.
(I find one of the stainless steel bits from an old windscreen wiper blade with a small loop bent into the end ideal)
3. Fish around under the headlining and tape the cable securely to the 'mouse' and pull it through.
4. Use some washing up liquid as a lubricant and feed the 'mouse' through the flexible tube.
5. Carefully pull the cable through the tube using plenty of lube.
6. Push the 'mouse into the hatch lid and carefully pull through the cable.
7. Refit the ends of the flexible tube back into the bodywork.hatch lid.

I have answered your query in your other thread.
Mods. Please close this one.

I have answered your query in your other thread.
Mods. Please close this one.

Why should the mods close this. Yes, you answered how you installed in a Civic, but not a CR-V.

Regardless of the fact that I haven't answered your question exactly, it should be enough to give you a clue how to do it. The reason I suggested closing the thread is because you have asked the same question twice. This is bad form as this leads to answers being spread over several threads.

Regardless of the fact that I haven't answered your question exactly, it should be enough to give you a clue how to do it. The reason I suggested closing the thread is because you have asked the same question twice. This is bad form as this leads to answers being spread over several threads.

I posted this in both the 650 sub forum and 750 sub forum (as it is more recent). I have a feeling that 750 owners would likely not go into 650 forum.

Hey Ho. You win.:eek:
But I do notice that someone has merged the threads.
Shame they didn't delete our bickering as well. :ROFLMAO:

Back