Problem with configuring mobius in msetup

bb567

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've been having a slew of problems with my mobius from the battery swelling (replacing it soon), to having to examine my circuit board, adjusting my lens, and so forth. It was idle for a long time.

Now, when I configure it in msetup, it says "press the shutter button to configure" but when I press it, the light turns blue and it changes modes. Thus, it is no longer identified as a removable device. Any ideas on what to do?

I will, but it most likely won't come for another few days. The strange thing is I have been able to record a few videos just moments before, so the battery isnt interfering. I'm not sure why this configuration issue is occurring...

Your swollen battery may be pressing on the buttons and other components inside the case causing erratic behavior. Happened to me once. Put the camera aside until you procure a new battery and then see what happens.

I've been having a slew of problems with my mobius from the battery swelling (replacing it soon), to having to examine my circuit board, adjusting my lens, and so forth. It was idle for a long time.

Now, when I configure it in msetup, it says "press the shutter button to configure" but when I press it, the light turns blue and it changes modes. Thus, it is no longer identified as a removable device. Any ideas on what to do?
Which Mobius model?
With the Mini and Maxi you have to press the shutter button to enter webcam mode (blue light) to be able to configure the camera.
The Mobius 1 and 2 can be configured in removable disk mode.

I was wondering the same thing until I saw the OP mention that the camera has been idle for a long time (thus the swollen battery), so I've concluded it's likely an M1 (or M2). Let's see.

Thank you for the responses.

I should have clarified. I have a mini v2 (all black casing). I posted here because it seems like this is a more active forum. Also, the more I look into my issue the more I realize that everyone's issues are distinct and unique...

Your swollen battery may be pressing on the buttons and other components inside the case causing erratic behavior. Happened to me once. Put the camera aside until you procure a new battery and then see what happens.

I don't think this is the case. I removed the casing and set the battery aside (while connected) and this still occurs. I've been told that this was supposed to happen because the mini is supposed to be in webcam mode. Not really sure what to do now, though.

The swelling was due to my negligence. I left it in my pockets, while off, for some time. There could be a circuit board crack that's very thin.

The problem is, I really cant identify whether its the circuit and battery that are faulty or just the battery. If it's both, I'm better off just getting a new one.

I definitely think the battery is faulty because as I remove the screws from the front end of the camera casing, it pops open (indicating it was under pressure from the oversized batterY).

There's no reason to post in the wrong sub-forum just to try to get attention for your issue. Any new post to any forum will get noticed. Also, as in your case here, doing so without mentioning which camera you own will elicit wrong answers. :grumpy:

I managed to fix it (for now) with a firmware update and some patience. Thank you all for the replies

I managed to fix it (for now) with a firmware update and some patience. Thank you all for the replies
I see you also posted this issue over at RCG where Tom gave you the same advice - the LED in the Mini is supposed to turn blue when you enter configuration mode. Good to hear it's working again.

Back