how to identify a fake Mini 0801

Does anyone know if these ones are real? If so, the only thing I can think of it is cheap because old stock? NOTE: they are NO GPS NO 8GB version.

they look real, there's nothing exceptional about them though to suggest otherwise

I agree.

The aliexpress bit is the bit that I am personally a bit careful about, there are many good sellers on eBay, some have sold 1000's and have 100% feed back, then if you use PayPal, you have some protection if the deal turns bad. If the deal goes bad a cheap deal will become expensive real quick.

I agree.

The aliexpress bit is the bit that I am personally a bit careful about, there are many good sellers on eBay, some have sold 1000's and have 100% feed back, then if you use PayPal, you have some protection if the deal turns bad. If the deal goes bad a cheap deal will become expensive real quick.

in fact, Paypal take 4% fees and AliPay take 5%.
the price must base on stock devices.

new photos of the fake 0801 on Dec.
sorry i am late.

front.jpg
front1.jpg
front2.jpg
top.jpg
rear.jpg
mounts.jpg
mount1.jpg
accessories.jpg
GPS.jpg
menu.jpg

when i drive with the camera on (with GPS 'open') , the top only show V:---MPH without showing me actual speed detached by the GPS.

the device need several minutes to connect satellite when your first power on, so there will be a "satellite symbol" flicker there and no actual speed shown; after the first trail, it will connect GPS quickly in seconds. (the device will read the GPS data in card for a quick connection with GPS.) Don't worry that is not a problem.

Ok, I ordered this cam from Canadian Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B00G6UC9MU
Can I get clarification, whether or not Ojocam is a reputable seller or not? Sells originals or fakes?
Is he the same seller who goes by the name as Fonestop on eBay? I see he has 100% positive feedback there.

*edit: I sent a message to ojocam and got a couple of replies:

"yes, it is the original mini 0801 as shown on the picture and in the review. Not the value series camera."

and regarding the firmware

"it is the latest firmwawre 131225 which is the latest version from the manufacture."

So it should be OK to order from this seller for those wondering.

Last edited:
Ok, I ordered this cam from Canadian Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B00G6UC9MU
Can I get clarification, whether or not Ojocam is a reputable seller or not? Sells originals or fakes?
Is he the same seller who goes by the name as Fonestop on eBay? I see he has 100% positive feedback there.

*edit: I sent a message to ojocam and got a couple of replies:

"yes, it is the original mini 0801 as shown on the picture and in the review. Not the value series camera."

and regarding the firmware

"it is the latest firmwawre 131225 which is the latest version from the manufacture."

So it should be OK to order from this seller for those wondering.

That's where I got mine, from, he gave me great customer service, have a look at http://www.ojocam.com/
Yes he is both ojocam and fonestop.

That's where I got mine, from, he gave me great customer service, have a look at http://www.ojocam.com/
Yes he is both ojocam and fonestop.

Yeah I know. He answered all my questions and assured me that the one I ordered is the original but on his website he also sells the cheaper "value" version of this cam.

Yep, but he says quite clearly that the cheap one is a different camera and gives the specifications of both.

Hi, I am thinking of buying a Mini 0801 for my boyfriend. I live in the UK and came across www.JooVuu.com who sell it at the cheapest I can find in the UK. I just wanted to make sure they are legitimate and not fake? Do you have information on this?

I just wanted to make sure they are legitimate and not fake?

Thanks for your interest on Mini 0801, you made the right choice.
Yes JooVuu is authorized for the Mini 0801 from original factory. And I believe they provided a great service for global customers.

yeah as I mentioned above they sell both types

Just to make it clear: ojocam Pro is the "original" mini 0801.

I do sell the ones based on Novatek chip and market it as ojocam Value to address the lower end market. But I made it very clear that it is based on a different chip set, no GPS support and does not do 1080P@30fps.

Thank for all the helpful reply here guys!
So.. the problem is solved on the GPS!

the GPS will ONLY turn on when the camera is plug in on a power source, maybe to save the battery.

So far I am pretty happy with the performance of this camera!

Hello
I bought mini 0801 dircetly on ALiExpress.It is version with gps and 8GB memory. Looks like legit compare to your photos at the beginning of topic. But watching film shot by it....hm... looks poor, especially at nigth. Please see my films:
Nigth:
Day:
On laptop films look a little bit better, some quality lower during uploding on youtube and convert from *.mov to format used by YT.
Can it be a fake? How to check what type of chip is inside?

My selller: www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/315539097.html
Ordered 19.Jan , received 03.Feb.

Last edited:
Back