cellink B - P R O

egonvdv

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
TWO Thinkware's U10002CH (rear cams used as side cams)
I'm getting a new car soon, and will install a powerbank as my TWO dual cams strain the battery too much

i wa discussing with HD digital eye ( http://car-dvr.co.uk ) about getting 2 cellinks and maybe even
2 extentions batteries.

They then pointed me to the cellink b PRO, which i didn't know existed:
http://car-dvr.co.uk/cellink_b/powerbank/cellink_pro.html

this seems to be perfect for me.

does anyone here have one and can share their experience?

Whoa that's a beast! Looks good and the normal battery pack seemed to work well so i guess this will be good too. I think the main restriction is the physical size, our engineers wouldn't like fitting those and i doubt many customers would want one in the boot like the picture.

it looks bigger than it is. (look at the pic where someone's holding it).

Dimensions (L x W x H) 119 x 186 x 90 mm

The price takes the piss imo, it's nothing special, I would think along the lines of fitting a std lead acid battery jump starter pack in the boot hooked up to ciggy lighter/lecky system this will keep your cam running and your std battery topped up, and double as jump pack for around 10% of the price.

Well, they have arrived. Only getting my car next week though, so install will have to wait
It's a very solid product that weighs 2.9kg, but it's not extremely big. (see my still life attached)
manual is sh*te of course, but luckily the seller sent me instructions by email.

IMG_7769.JPG

Nice touch having the forum show on your computer.:)

Nice, we have one in our Prius C for testing and it just fits under the driver's seat.
The price and concerns with shipping such a heavy battery have made it somewhat unfeasible to carry in North America unfortunately.

20170729_085527233_iOS.jpg 20170729_085544151_iOS.jpg 20170729_085549555_iOS.jpg 20170729_085607235_iOS.jpg Installed them today!

My new car doesn't have a spare tire, so lots of space under the "hatch".

I placed them on a "ledge" on the left, (this is where normally the pump and product to temporarily fix the tire is stored,
but I put them somewhere else)

The yellow things are stoppers kept in place by velcro. this is a temp solution.
I've ordered velcro tape to stick underneath the batteries.

I could not hardwire directly to the battery as the cables aren't long enough,
so I piggybacked them on 2 15v fuses that switch off when the car's off (cigarette sockets)

All seems to be working fine for now!

Last edited:
The price takes the piss imo, it's nothing special, I would think along the lines of fitting a std lead acid battery jump starter pack in the boot hooked up to ciggy lighter/lecky system this will keep your cam running and your std battery topped up, and double as jump pack for around 10% of the price.
I like the thought that has gone into this and would like to know a bit more. Maybe start another thread on this subject?

View attachment 32355 View attachment 32356 View attachment 32357 View attachment 32358 Installed them today!

My new car doesn't have a spare tire, so lots of space under the "hatch".

I placed them on a "ledge" on the left, (this is where normally the pump and product to temporarily fix the tire is stored,
but I put them somewhere else)

The yellow things are stoppers kept in place by velcro. this is a temp solution.
I've ordered velcro tape to stick underneath the batteries.

I could not hardwire directly to the battery as the cables aren't long enough,
so I piggybacked them on 2 15v fuses that switch off when the car's off (cigarette sockets)

All seems to be working fine for now!
Hello.

I purchased a cellink pro, I have wired the battery the same way you have, but I noticed when I have it on 15A or 12A it blows the fuse in the piggy back fuse connector, have you had any problems from this battery at all.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Do you have 15v fuses in the piggybacks ?
Yes, 2 x 15amp.

I first connected it to a spare 20amp fuse and that blew. The battery switch was on 15A, so decided to change the fuse postion and ran it to the cigarette lighter fuse Which is 15A, that blew, I turned the switch to 12A and it was working fine after I changed the blown fuse, but today on my way to work it has blown again. I will put the switch on 10A and see if it happens after I change the blown fuse, just wanted to know if you encountered any problems with this battery

I double checked and its indeed on a 15v fuse and the battery charges at 12v. Charge stop at high and e charge off

And this for TWO batteries....

Could it be that you are using cheap fuses...?

I double checked and its indeed on a 15v fuse and the battery charges at 12v. Charge stop at high and e charge off

And this for TWO batteries....

Could it be that you are using cheap fuses...?
Yes. I think it is cheap fuses, the ones I have are the see through ones, where the original one are more like a better quality. I will get new ones and see how it goes. Many thanks for your help.

so did it do the trick..?
Sorry for not replying, I did change the fuse to a better quality one, whilst changing the fuse I noticed that on the cable that ran from the battery to the dash can, there is a section where the cable is wrapped round what appears to be a magnet, I noticed that the red and yellow wire were showing the copper core, so I taped it up, both the red and yellow are + so I do not know will this cause a short circuit, but since then it has not blown. Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I have just ordered one of these Cellink Pro. Can I just confirm with you that you have not connected it directly to the car battery?
Can you share with me exactly how you wired it please. I have a Ford Focus

Many thanks
Amanda

Hi,

I have just ordered one of these Cellink Pro. Can I just confirm with you that you have not connected it directly to the car battery?
Can you share with me exactly how you wired it please. I have a Ford Focus

Many thanks
Amanda
Hello, originally I had the pro connected to a 20A acc connection, I used the heated seat fuse, which worked, but I was blowing fuses, so ran the wire directly to the battery, but whilst doing that I notice some wires were exposing the wite core which would have caused the short circuit. Either way both methods work.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Lockzie/Amanda hi
if you send me your email (by pm) I can forward you the mails that the seller
sent me regarding installation

EDIT: well received your pm and emails been forwarded to you

i'm here should you require further info

Last edited:
Back