Salt River Canyon, US 60, Arizona

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
This is most of the drop down, and climb back up through Salt River Canyon, heading East, on a Viofo A119v2. Nice day, not much traffic. This is on US 60 between Globe and Show Low, Arizona. Slow going in a heavy truck. Nice drive through a pretty remote area I don't get through too often.

Here's a little pocket drone footage from the brake check area prior to the Canyon.

Added the music at youtube, otherwise you wouldn't have anything to listen to except mostly truck rattles and squeaks. (This was the only thing close to the right length)

Last edited:
For a guy living in a pancake flat country AZ are overwhelming :)
Im sure i could spend a few weeks there going back and forth and up and down.

Lot's of areas to wander. If I had to live there, I prefer the Flagstaff to Williams area. More trees than Cactus, and you actually have winter. :)

Nice drive and the music was fine. I like everything from Rammstein to Rachmaninoff to Rush;)

Phil

I always say including and everything in between Metallica and Vivaldi,,,, but no pop or ommpa loompa music.

I couldn't find any ho' slappin' music long enough for the video at youtube, (Or 'they done stole my goat, and my pickup, and run over my mama music')

No twerking music, either!

I couldn't find any ho' slappin' music long enough for the video at youtube, (Or 'they done stole my goat, and my pickup, and run over my mama music')

No twerking music, either!

(y) :D

Nice drive. It has been many years since I drove through that area.

Looks like you were at the copper mine? :(

A few jobs ago I used to run through there often, but with 10-12000 in the trailer. It kind of spoiled you. Once they told me I was loading at that copper mine, I started cursing.

Last edited:
Looks like you were at the copper mine? :(

A few jobs ago I used to run through there often, but with 10-12000 in the trailer. It kind of spoiled you. Once they told me I was loading at that copper mine, I started cursing.

Yes, the copper mine. Was there twice, then changed jobs. Didn't run this road again as I'm usually heavy. It's a road to ride with a bike, not a truck ;)

Drove that route once with 80000 lbs gross, thought I will never arrive in Amarillo :rolleyes:

Amarillo is on my bucket list due to the Big Texan steakhouse :LOL:

Amarillo is on my bucket list due to the Big Texan steakhouse :LOL:

we stay in amarillo every time we go visit my dad in CO, as it's a convenient "halfway-ish" point on the drive. driven past the big texan a few times, and even stayed in a hotel a few blocks away, but have never gone inside yet. maybe next year. but i doubt i'll try that 72oz steak challenge. i have a hard time finishing a 16oz steak some days. i'd have to fast for a week or something and then i'd probably fall asleep and crash driving up there. US 287 between Fort Worth and Amarillo is some seriously BORING road!

and that tater is probably normal sized, just that it's next to half a cow!

Back