If there is a problem with the memory card or recording doesnt start for some reason, are there any audible alerts/warnings? My wife is not very tech savvy and probably wouldnt pay attention to the camera unless it told her to!

If there is a problem with the memory card or recording doesnt start for some reason, are there any audible alerts/warnings? My wife is not very tech savvy and probably wouldnt pay attention to the camera unless it told her to!

Yes it will beep if there is a memory card error.

yeah it depends on the wife. mine simply unplugged her dashcam (a119) when it started beeping incessantly. turns out she tried to hit the /!\ button but hit REC instead, making it stop recording and start beeping.

@viofo and @jokiin - maybe a good feature to add would be if someone has pressed REC and it's not recording for say... 15 seconds, and no buttons have been pressed, start recording again automatically. that would fix situations like my wife's above, and help make sure the cam is recording when it should be. could also help increase the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) :D

Ah, the WIFE
Woman Intended for Enjoyment
or
Wise Investment For Ever

maybe a good feature to add would be if someone has pressed REC and it's not recording for say... 15 seconds, and no buttons have been pressed, start recording again automatically. that would fix situations like my wife's above, and help make sure the cam is recording when it should be. could also help increase the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) :D

if you stop recording and forget about it the camera will restart and start recording, we've had that feature in our cameras for 3 years already

we've had that feature in our cameras for 3 years already

AFAIK I haven't seen this very useful safety feature on other dashcams yet ;)

AFAIK I haven't seen this very useful safety feature on other dashcams yet ;)
I haven't either as I have yet to own a Street Guardian product. One day...

That said I've had some cameras (blacksys, and some cheap thing with vga resolution) that you couldn't STOP the recording without pulling the power cord. Making configuration changes on the blacksys was a pain as it required putting the SD card into a computer and use their crappy app (but then again once they were set there was no reason to change them so it was really just a one time thing), and the cheap thing didn't really have any options to set. Now that WiFi is more common, maybe we can start eliminating dashcam buttons except for the manual event/lock button.

Ah, the WIFE
Woman Intended for Enjoyment
or
Wise Investment For Ever

at the beginning Woman Intended for Enjoyment
when it works out Wise Investment For Ever

Reactions: TNT
G-sensor sensitivity - there are 3 settings HIGH/MED/LOW. If my car was parked and another car clipped it, which setting would be appropriate? I guess I am trying to map this setting to a real world scenario. E.g low sensitivity = large car crash, med =??, high = ??

I've noticed as well that the swivel camera on the front camera had moved last time I was in the car (moved down so captured more of the dashboard instead of window). Anything to check for here?

car clipping it might not save the file on low, if you run it higher you may find it false triggers when driving, setting it for driving is probably batter though, parking files are timelapse and will be there anyway without having to save them

check that you had the lens above the point where it clicks and not between clicks

I think it was between clicks (y)

Just came across the A129, what's the difference of this vs the sg9663dc? They both look really similar physically and spec wise

when you close your doors it wont trigger an event so it has to be a hard knock to trigger an event

My car is going in for a service next week and I want to be able to record the whole thing in normal mode, rather than timelapse. What do I need to do to enable this?

Also, if they turn ignition on and then back off again during the course of the service, is there any way to keep it in normal mode until I re-enable parking mode once I've collected the car?

My car is going in for a service next week and I want to be able to record the whole thing in normal mode, rather than timelapse. What do I need to do to enable this?

Also, if they turn ignition on and then back off again during the course of the service, is there any way to keep it in normal mode until I re-enable parking mode once I've collected the car?

if you manually power it up it will go into normal recording mode, as soon as they start the car though it will go back to its usual method of operation

if you manually power it up it will go into normal recording mode, as soon as they start the car though it will go back to its usual method of operation
I seem to remember a while ago there was talk of a valet mode (I think it was on a GuardTrak cam). Does the DC chipset support an added menu option where we can select valet mode that will stop it going back into its normal mode of operation as you described above until we choose to?

I seem to remember a while ago there was talk of a valet mode (I think it was on a GuardTrak cam). Does the DC chipset support an added menu option where we can select valet mode that will stop it going back into its normal mode of operation as you described above until we choose to?

not something we've looked at for this model, the answer right now is I'm not sure

Excuse me if this has been touched upon already. Is there a way to tell if the gps is on? Indicator light or symbol?

Excuse me if this has been touched up already. Is there a way to tell if the gps is on? Indicator light or symbol?

If you update to the latest firmware it now looks like this at the top. Added color as well red/green. Green signal is locked and logging.

f82ff6ac25686e2679520e118d2a6eb3.jpg

e574e801b1f8cde7afa19ceb39885468.jpg

Adding another SG to the fleet! Already have 2 SG9665GC and will be adding the SG9663DC to replace Lukas LK-7950. Order the hardwired kit as well.

Saying it’s hot during the summer here is an understatement (Arizona). How does the DC unit handle heat?

Adding another SG to the fleet! Already have 2 SG9665GC and will be adding the SG9663DC to replace Lukas LK-7950. Order the hardwired kit as well.

Saying it’s hot during the summer here is an understatement (Arizona). How does the DC unit handle heat?

DC should be no problem in the heat. There have been several incremental improvements in this area over the years between the latest models and productions.

Back