Ordered A119S V2 and received the old F1.6 lens?

CrunchMoment

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi folks,
the A119S V2 I bought just last week from a popular eBay shop was delivered, and it has the old F1.6 non-coated lens. I've attached a photo of it.

I am surprised and upset as the improved F1.8 coated lens has been out for more than 8 months (link: A119S Lens Comparison old F1.6 vs new F1.8), which suggests the popular seller had shipped me really old stock.

Before I take things further with the seller, I'd like to know what are the chances of getting an old F1.6 lens today with a new A119S V2. Anyone?

Attachments

• New A119S V2 came with old F1.6 lens.jpg
    New A119S V2 came with old F1.6 lens.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 217
That looks like the newest lens. It has changed a couple of time. The latest is the best in my opinion.

is it a way to check which lens is built in?
i know the v2 lens has a green coating, but what about newer lenses?

are there some letters or other markings to recognize the lens?

is it a way to check which lens is built in?
i know the v2 lens has a green coating, but what about newer lenses?

are there some letters or other markings to recognize the lens?
Post a picture.

I received my A119S V2, 7G F1.6 Lens c/w GPS & CPL filter last year Aug. 24, 2017.
It appears to look the same as yours and that is the present spec on Viofo’s site.
I’ve never seen a 7G F1.8 lens on Viofo’s site.
Here is the link to Viofo and A119S VIOFO A119S Car Dash Camera
The product Details list states: 7G F1.6, 135° FOV
If there is such a lens it must be produced by someone other than Viofo.
The only changes I’ve seen is the Firmware 1.7 to 2.61.

Last edited:
That's the newest lens, same as what I have on my A119S.

It's using the same lens as the A129.

Last edited:
I'm happy with my v2 1.8 lens so I'm staying put as well. One odd thing I've noticed from watching sample footage is that there is no fisheye effect on the A129 that is present on the v3 A119S.

A119S V3 ?
When did they released a V3 ? I only know about V1 and V2...

I get my A119S V2 yesterday from Banggood, Serial is A119SV2XXXXX
but the Lens dont have the green coating.

Is there any way to check Serial Number?
If not, Viofo should add it.

The new Viofo A129 Front has added more features like wi-fi, Bluetooth, optional rear hookup.
How will the above benefit the average user who just wants to record whats ahead of them when they are driving?
I guess there are some out there who want more options.

Last edited:
There is no official V3 models of the A119/A119S. People are just saying V3 to indicate the third lens version on the A119S (and it's confusing users). This new lens has been on the camera for a awhile now, longer then six months anyway. The picture in the first posts looks like the new lens, so compare it to yours.

Hi folks,
the A119S V2 I bought just last week from a popular eBay shop was delivered, and it has the old F1.6 non-coated lens. I've attached a photo of it.

I am surprised and upset as the improved F1.8 coated lens has been out for more than 8 months (link: A119S Lens Comparison old F1.6 vs new F1.8), which suggests the popular seller had shipped me really old stock.

Before I take things further with the seller, I'd like to know what are the chances of getting an old F1.6 lens today with a new A119S V2. Anyone?
It was good timing when I made that Lens Comparison video, lots of the confusion but I did keep that Feb 2017 F1.6 uncoated Lens. They allow the most light for better night videos even without green anti-reflective coating. Issue back in those days was VIOFO mounted them in defective (off center) metal holders which caused the 'blurry on the left' issue and resulted in all the current plastic holders which now have thermal expansion issues in hot weather shifting center focus. Called foul on original V1 F1.6 Lens in defective metal holder and Ticket made and replacement F1.8 F1.6 Lens sent with cheap plastic holder, new issue same story.
Important thing is the image quality, forget the history lesson, if video is good use it. Tip: the F1.6 Lens scratch very very easy. Guy at the shop balanced A119S on Lens end and three nice parallel scratches appeared right in the shop (saved the photos), returned got a new one.

Last edited:
Hello, can you please tell me if I got the newest lens version with my last order?
Thank you!
2d588fbf1da50126a7afcbe6a38a717c.jpg
6bf84d5ad4aad162f77dbacd555486a1.jpg
01599f7d0ecf53470372df0c51fa18a7.jpg

Hello, can you please tell me if I got the newest lens version with my last order?
You have a lens from version A129, the angle in the horizon will be ≈ 110 °

Back