Anyone have experience with the two different A129 lens cameras? Which one is better?

because they're from a different model, read the thread where you found that picture, the A129 uses a different lens again

Reactions: gse
because they're from a different model, read the thread where you found that picture, the A129 uses a different lens again
I did read the thread. I'd like to hear from more people who have tried both and has an opinion on which one is better/they prefer.

Here's a different photo of the two different A129 lens models:

lens2.PNG

Last edited:
those are A119S cameras

Nope, they are A129s. I took the photo. Are you not aware that there are two different lens types for the A129? Maybe you should read that other thread.

I think the different lenses have recently been spoken of in one of the 3 modified firmware threads, along with screenshots. I know nothing else of them save for the obvious. IIRC which I might not, that was in the A119S thread (but mentioned all the "A" series cams).

Phil

The first image you posted are A119S cameras
Im talking about the second photo I posted. The second photo, I took myself so I can say say with certainly that they are A129 cameras.

Well if you have two cameras with different lenses you're in a better position to judge than the average user that only has one of whichever

Reactions: gse
Well if you have two cameras with different lenses you're in a better position to judge than the average user that only has one of whichever
I only have one (the skinny rim one), but I was with my cousin and when he unboxed his and I noticed he has the different lens. He hasn't set it up yet so I have not been able to compare them.

Haven't seen anyone with that lens in an A129 as yet so it would have to be a recent change, the narrow rim one is not the same lens as the A119 in the first photo

Haven't seen anyone with that lens in an A129 as yet so it would have to be a recent change, the narrow rim one is not the same lens as the A119 in the first photo
Okay well I know Im not the only one whose come across this because other people in that thread were talking about the two different A129 lenses.

Im surprised Viofo makes these types of hardware changes in their products without mentioning it.

ask viofio anything and they will say "3 weeks". lol

Reactions: M83
Those Lenses are used in both A119S and A129Duo, this is fact because I have the new A129Duo here with Lens1. The Front and Rear camera will either have Lens1 set or Lens2 set. The only correction to the graphic I made is Lens1 = 130 FOV not 110 and isn't wide angle. This new A129 information will be revealed by Dec.25 2018.

Lens1 = 130 FOV + metal base + supports original CPL Filter + coated reduces some reflection and slightly changes color tone and slightly darkens image. (approx 125-135 Diagonal FOV)
Lens2 = 140 FOV + metal base + wide angle + requires larger beveled CPL Filter to prevent vignetting + uncoated brighter image. Many owners prefer the original wide angle brighter uncoated F1.6 Lens 2.

DCTeam-A119S-Lens1+Lens2.png
A129Duo_Front+Rear_Lens1+Sensor.jpg

Last edited:
My A129 DUO arrived today. Lens is type 1. Which lens is newer?

Back