Parking Mode Beta Firmware

When I press the button I don't hear that the recording is being saved.

When I press the button I don't hear that the recording is being saved.
So you cannot see the big exclamation mark on the A129 screen, and the remote car screen is only active when you reverse?

Since audio out via the cable is already enabled, perhaps you can connect a basic speaker hidden somewhere around our behind the dashboard?

So you cannot see the big exclamation mark on the A129 screen, and the remote car screen is only active when you reverse?

Since audio out via the cable is already enabled, perhaps you can connect a basic speaker hidden somewhere around our behind the dashboard?

Yes, I see the display only in reverse.

I didn't think about such a solution, it can be good :)

@viofo
I'm currently on software 1.5. I found an error.
When I disconnect the power and connect it again, the video from two cameras is displayed.
The camera does not remember that it was set to display the video only from the rear camera.

@viofo
I'm currently on software 1.5. I found an error.
When I disconnect the power and connect it again, the video from two cameras is displayed.
The camera does not remember that it was set to display the video only from the rear camera.

it's not an error, it will revert to PIP mode whenever it restarts

it's not an error, it will revert to PIP mode whenever it restarts
Is that specifically the AV-out which reverts to PIP on restart? The A129's own display maintains the same setting from when it was last used.

Is that specifically the AV-out which reverts to PIP on restart? The A129's own display maintains the same setting from when it was last used.

if they're not doing it on the display then it may be that they're only doing that to the AV out, if you don't have PIP at reboot it affects the rear channel handshake, we don't have AV out on ours so we do that on the display output

if they're not doing it on the display then it may be that they're only doing that to the AV out, if you don't have PIP at reboot it affects the rear channel handshake, we don't have AV out on ours so we do that on the display output
We plan to solve this, but have been told by engineer this is to avoid rear camera handshake issue.

Updated V1.5 firmware for public testing.
Hi, Viofo, thanks for new FW version !
But in V1,5 I have not found promised feature:
3. Have option in menu for 2 wire and 3 wire hardwire kit, if 3 is selected and no power on ACC it starts in parking mode and not normal mode;
and feature
5. Add BT_remote Click_event options: Record Lock/Snapshot.
is realised as both Lock+Snapshot events simultaneously. But this solution makes no sense. It would be with separate options: either Snapshot or RecLock (or both :).
While we often do many snaphots with Point Of Iinterest, we do not want to lock large video file at all (and spoil free SD space).
Instead of, it would be conveniently to get only one folder with all snapshots (with small size files).
Thanks in advance.

Hi, Viofo, thanks for new FW version !
we do not want to lock large video file at all (and spoil free SD space).
This is kind of the point to the Bluetooth button. It locks the current file, just like pressing the ! button, but conveniently placed for easy reach.

I want timelapse mode to switch to regular recording when gsensor activates (like blackvue). As I understand it, if youre hit, it still stays in timelapse

Additionally, an option to enable daily auto-reboot at a specified time.

Last edited:
I want timelapse mode to switch to regular recording when gsensor activates (like blackvue). As I understand it, if youre hit, it still stays in timelapse

Additionally, an option to enable daily auto-reboot at a specified time.
Why do you want auto reboot?

Can Viofo hook this up to Google Assistant so we can do voice commands? Certainly, it would be a product differentiator.

Why do you want auto reboot?

Just in case something isn't working well and you might not know it's not working. Rebooting would likely solve that

Also, enabling an option to enable WDR ONLY in parking mode would be great (blackvue has this). WDR while driving where you have headlights really degrades the quality, however WDR while parked is a great thing to have.

Also, enabling an option to enable WDR ONLY in parking mode would be great (blackvue has this). WDR while driving where you have headlights really degrades the quality, however WDR while parked is a great thing to have.

I fully support this and have brought it up in the past.

3-wire hardwire kit

Time-lapse 5fps

21:33:22 - Car turned off
21:33:28 - Parking Mode (5fps time-lapse) begins, 6 seconds gap
21:45:27 - New Time-lapse file starts, 4 seconds gap
21:46:29 - Car turned on
21:46:53 - Normal recording resumes, 24 seconds gap

@viofo Why is it taking 24 seconds to switch back to normal recording? With the 2-wire kit it takes 7 seconds. Seriously hope it's a bug.

Last edited:
Just in case something isn't working well and you might not know it's not working. Rebooting would likely solve that
Also I was asking that some time ago. For example the reboot time to be at... 4:44AM.
But I understood that this reboot is not supported by firmware.

enjoy,
Mtz

3-wire hardwire kit

Time-lapse 5fps

@viofo Why is it taking 24 seconds to switch back to normal recording? With the 2-wire kit it takes 7 seconds. Seriously hope it's a bug.

I'm also using 5fps time lapse and noticed inconsistent results. One time I've noticed a 6 second transition to/from PM and another time it took 12 seconds.. Will continue to monitor...

3-wire hardwire kit

Time-lapse 5fps

I did recheck in my car, found it only take 3 seconds to switch between the normal recording and parking mode time lapse recording.

I did recheck in my car, found it only take 3 seconds to switch between the normal recording and parking mode time lapse recording.

What about Parking Mode time-lapse to normal recording, 3 seconds?

Back