F770 DAB interference

Keiths

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Already posted below in alignment question.
Just another request.
If I’m only having a 1ch front unit, will I avoid DAB interference issues?

99% of the time with Thinkware you don't get any DAB interference anyway but we do get the odd vehicle that does. Again of these most are caused by the rear camera or rear camera cable being too close the the actual DAB antenna of the vehicle and can usually be sorted by running wires the opposite side of the car or using a Ferrite Clip or 2.

Many thanks for your prompt response to both questions.
Am I right in thinking in terms of the LDWS FCWS most switch these off. And whilst I have a Road Angel Pure for best camera protection, I’m thinking the speed camera data is probably worth leaving on, or is it the case that that switches off with the other alert functions?

I have installed so many thinkware camera the issue you are having is the wires and where aerial is. normally it's in or near back window. the rear cable and camera if fed to here may interfere with the radio.

Many thanks for your prompt response to both questions.
Am I right in thinking in terms of the LDWS FCWS most switch these off. And whilst I have a Road Angel Pure for best camera protection, I’m thinking the speed camera data is probably worth leaving on, or is it the case that that switches off with the other alert functions?

It really is personal choice, personally i have everything turned off apart from the Fixed Cameras (I have mobile zones turned off) in my old Smart Car i used Lane Departure warning but my newer one has that factory fitted so i don't now. You can just have the Camera warnings on with the rest turned off though.

Thinkware FA200 dual channel causes sufficient interference in AM radio as to render radio useless. Installed in 2014 Lexus ES 350 with rear cam mounted on the glass between the radio "antenna wires" embedded in the upper centre of the rear window and below the GPS/Satellite "shark fin"antenna. Fortunately does not affect GPS, Satellite, nor FM reception. AM radio seldom used but sometimes useful for local road/weather information so I'd like to have it available. After reading through here have ordered some 3.5mm ferrite cores (chokes) and will install upon receipt. Fingers are crossed. Otherwise I will have to rely on unplugging rear cam wire at the front cam which solves the AM interference issue.

Question: should ferrite cores be installed 2@rear cam, 1 @ front + 1 @ rear, or just "try whatever to see if it works"?

Last edited:
(y) Thank you for quick response. Will advise once I receive the cores (currently ordered from "somewhere in Asia"...probably 4-6 weeks!!!) Now go have a "tinnie". :)

Back