Which brand 128GB for DR750-2ch?

You're missing the point...

And you are giving the wrong message .
Good luck on your next purchase. I'm sure you're going pick to correct SD card that won't void the warranty with your vast knowledge.

The point is not the guarantee, but the longevity of the card.

MLC Nand , rules , is correct , carries warranty and will overwrite with reliability far more many times !

There's nothing wrong with non-high endurance cards and some have been proven to work well. From a cost perspective you can purchase 1 high endurance card to 3 non-high endurance cards (price checked 128GB Samsung Evo Select ($19.99) against 128GB Samsung Pro Endurance(54.99)). I'd rather purchase 3 cards and have 2 backups than 1 card. I recently had a high endurance card fail very early in its write cycles so all cards can fail early.

I’m worried I wouldn’t notice a non-working card immediately and because of reliability I prefer endurance cards. Every electronics can and does fail, especially in the first few weeks of its use. After that it usually lasts its expected lifecycle which for endurance cards is even 10 times longer than with TLC cards. If I’d prefer having a backup card (I don’t, I prefer one good one) I’d take two 64GB endurance cards.

Hi,

I know it's been discussed but if anyone can recommend current and latest brand of 128GB memory card for the BlackVue DR750S-2CH?

Which is the best one to go for?

Many thanks.

Hi Mr Lex,

It is obvious that you have not read your instruction manual when purchasing your DR750S-2CH camera. They do not recommend other memory card manufacturers products, as they can damage your camera.
Blackvue cards are made under license for Blackvue cameras by Samsung. This does not mean that other Samsung products will work the same. These cards are specially made to withstand heat, vibration and continual use. Ordinary video camera memory cards will not work correctly in your Blackvue camera. Blackvue cameras are designed to operate in harsh conditions, like the heat, behind your windscreen, (they work in the Arabian desert) the vibrations of the vehicle, car, truck etc. And also to be recorded over time and time again.
So you can buy a cheaper memory card, but these are only made for hand held video cameras, not cameras that run 24/7 under harsh conditions.
I have been selling only Blackvue cameras and there accessories for the last 7 years, and have had 6 cases of customers damaging their Blackvue cameras by using other manufacturers brands. Only use Blackvue memory SD cards in Blackvue cameras.

Mike

Many thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hi Mr Lex,

It is obvious that you have not read your instruction manual when purchasing your DR750S-2CH camera. They do not recommend other memory card manufacturers products, as they can damage your camera.
Blackvue cards are made under license for Blackvue cameras by Samsung. This does not mean that other Samsung products will work the same. These cards are specially made to withstand heat, vibration and continual use. Ordinary video camera memory cards will not work correctly in your Blackvue camera. Blackvue cameras are designed to operate in harsh conditions, like the heat, behind your windscreen, (they work in the Arabian desert) the vibrations of the vehicle, car, truck etc. And also to be recorded over time and time again.
So you can buy a cheaper memory card, but these are only made for hand held video cameras, not cameras that run 24/7 under harsh conditions.
I have been selling only Blackvue cameras and there accessories for the last 7 years, and have had 6 cases of customers damaging their Blackvue cameras by using other manufacturers brands. Only use Blackvue memory SD cards in Blackvue cameras.

Mike

Many thanks.
[/QUOTE]

Well Mikey if blackvue wasnt over priced people wouldnt be looking for other cards.
My over priced 128 blackvue card lasted 8 months. If using a samsung screws up my camera then ill buy a different brand that doesnt rape people.

The ones saying buy a sandisk, u may wanna do some reaserch cause they suck in a blackvue.

Well Mikey if blackvue wasnt over priced people wouldnt be looking for other cards.
My over priced 128 blackvue card lasted 8 months. If using a samsung screws up my camera then ill buy a different brand that doesnt rape people.

The ones saying buy a sandisk, u may wanna do some reaserch cause they suck in a blackvue.[/QUOTE]

Damnit. And I just bought a SanDisk extreme plus 128 gig card on sale for $30. I'll return it to best buy and stick with my Samsung Evo 128 gig card that's working fine in my 750 for now until I can get a good deal on a high endurance card that's recommended. Any suggestions?

Hi Mr Lex,

Mike

1. Every manufacturer recommends only his products. Apple chargers anyone?
2. Don’t use Samsung cards, use Blackvue branded Samsung cards.... really??
3. Most of the cards now withstand heat, humidity, vibrations. It even says so on the package. They are all solid state memory devices.
4. Ordinary (video camera??) cards DO work correctly.
5. Blackvue cameras don’t work even when parked in Florida and with car and AC running there are no more harsh conditions.
6. Card can’t break a camera unless the camera is a crap so I don’t believe that it was the cause why they broke down.
7. “Cheap” cards work but cause they use TLC flash they have much shorter lifespan (fewer overwrites) than MLC cards.

The ones saying buy a sandisk, u may wanna do some reaserch cause they suck in a blackvue.[/QUOTE]

"ckhris"
I am running a 32GB Blackvue card in mt DR750S-2CH camera that is 18 months old, and am having no problems. You must re-configure the SD card every 3-4 weeks, as recommended in the cameras instruction manual. This 'cleans' off the old footage and brings the card back to being nearly brand new. Quote:- "The ones buying a 'sandisk' may want to do some research cause they suck in a blackvue" EXACTLY!!! Other brands of SD cards do not work satisfactorily in a Blackvue cameras (Your words)
I have mentioned that non Blackvue SD cards are a NoNo! in there cameras, and can cause serious damage. And you then inform me that the sandisk in a Blackvue 'Sucks'. Obviously you don't listen to what you are being told. I suggest that you stop rubbishing a perfectly good company (Blackvue) and its product range, and read the instructions in the manual.

Mike

The ones saying buy a sandisk, u may wanna do some reaserch cause they suck in a blackvue.

"ckhris"
I am running a 32GB Blackvue card in mt DR750S-2CH camera that is 18 months old, and am having no problems. You must re-configure the SD card every 3-4 weeks, as recommended in the cameras instruction manual. This 'cleans' off the old footage and brings the card back to being nearly brand new. Quote:- "The ones buying a 'sandisk' may want to do some research cause they suck in a blackvue" EXACTLY!!! Other brands of SD cards do not work satisfactorily in a Blackvue cameras (Your words)
I have mentioned that non Blackvue SD cards are a NoNo! in there cameras, and can cause serious damage. And you then inform me that the sandisk in a Blackvue 'Sucks'. Obviously you don't listen to what you are being told. I suggest that you stop rubbishing a perfectly good company (Blackvue) and its product range, and read the instructions in the manual.

Mike[/QUOTE]
Mikey Mikey Mikey
The sandisk does suck in a blackvue. A samsung does not suck and its cheaper than the blackvue samsung. This is not my only issue with blackvue.. u can take the instructions u keep mentioning and stick them straight up your rubbishing a&&. I meant that with all due respect too

Just like Kenny Everett?:ROFLMAO:

"ckhris"
I am running a 32GB Blackvue card in mt DR750S-2CH camera that is 18 months old, and am having no problems. You must re-configure the SD card every 3-4 weeks, as recommended in the cameras instruction manual. This 'cleans' off the old footage and brings the card back to being nearly brand new.
“Re-configuring” is what normal people call formatting. What it does is it deletes the logical structure (file allocation table) of the card and creates a new one. It definitely doesn’t restore the card to a new state, it just helps with fragmentation, which isn’t an issue with solid state memory. Manufacturer RECOMMENDS formatting once a month (regardless whether you drive 10k km or 200 km in that period or capacity of the card - smaller 32GB card gets to be overwritten 4 times as often as 128GB card) and he also recommends only “original” cards. He does it cause it won’t do much harm. The unneded overwrite of the FAT sectors slowly destroys every card. It also starts writing from the beginning of the card afterwards so the first sectors get to be used a lot more often than those at the end of storage space. And once their overwrites are used up then goodbye the whole card. So for me this is a NoNo! the same way as I don’t wipe my phone, dvr or computer every 3-4 weeks. But I understand why the manufacturer and also the seller of the most expensive cards recommends only to use the most expensive cards. Just be a man and say it’s the safest and most profitable option. By far not the only one, nor the best one!

EXACTLY!!! Other brands of SD cards do not work satisfactorily in a Blackvue cameras (Your words)

Mike
Other brands DO work! Other brands may actually produce even higher wuality cards than those Blackvue branded (not manufactured) cards! There are cards completely unsuitable for dashcam use and Sandisk produces them too. But they also have cards suitable for dashcam use. But what about Samsung? Is that other brand? It certainly isn’t Blackvue so it must be other brand. But Blackvue uses Samsung cards so now I’m confused. Will a Blackvue card, which is Samsung, work?
Blackvue isn’t a perfectly good company. It’s a decent one. They don’t test their FW very well, they recommend rebooting the camera once a day, they recommend formatting the cards eay too often. They’re still among the better ones but they have a lot of flaws.

Last edited:
“Re-configuring” is what normal people call formatting. What it does is it deletes the logical structure (file allocation table) of the card and creates a new one. It definitely doesn’t restore the card to a new state, it just helps with fragmentation, which isn’t an issue with solid state memory. Manufacturer RECOMMENDS formatting once a month (regardless whether you drive 10k km or 200 km in that period or capacity of the card - smaller 32GB card gets to be overwritten 4 times as often as 128GB card) and he also recommends only “original” cards. He does it cause it won’t do much harm. The unneded overwrite of the FAT sectors slowly destroys every card. It also starts writing from the beginning of the card afterwards so the first sectors get to be used a lot more often than those at the end of storage space. And once their overwrites are used up then goodbye the while card. So for me this is a NoNo! the same way as I don’t wipe my phone, dvr or computer every 3-4 weeks. But I understand why the manufacturer and also the seller of the most expensive cards recommends only to ise the most expensive cards.

Other brands DO work! Other brands may actually produce even higher wuality cards than those Blackvue branded (not manufactured) cards! There are cards completely unsuitable for dashcam use and Sandisk produces them too. But they also have cards suitable for dashcam use. But what about Samsung? Is that other brand? It certainly isn’t Blackvue so it must be other brand. But Blackvue uses Samsung cards so now I’m confused. Will a Blackvue card, which is Samsung, work?
Blackvue isn’t a perfectly good company. It’s a decent one. They don’t test their FW very well, they recommend rebooting the camera once a day, they recommend formatting the cards eay too often. They’re still among the better ones but they have a lot of flaws.
Are you saying formatting the SD cards to often cause earlier failure? And rebooting the camera every night as recommended by blackvue may also shorten the life of the camera? Sorry for the questions, I'm very new to all of this. I just want my cards and blackvue cameras to last me a few years.

Formatting forces the card to start writing from start so the usage of the sectors won’t be uniform. My point is that it shouldn’t be necessary the same way no one does that with other electronics. Rebooting the camera won’t do any harm. What it does is it frees all the allocated RAM in the camera which hasn’t been freed after its use and so is an easy and cheap “fix” for memory leaks. It’s just crappy programming. I’m a developer and my sw is used in production where it can’t just be rebooted every day so I know my share of those problems. It’s more difficult to do it properly rather then rebooting but dashcams are just not very well made yet.

Unnecessary formats I’d avoid, reboots at least once a day I recommend.

Formatting forces the card to start writing from start so the usage of the sectors won’t be uniform. My point is that it shouldn’t be necessary the same way no one does that with other electronics. Rebooting the camera won’t do any harm. What it does is it frees all the allocated RAM in the camera which hasn’t been freed after its use and so is an easy and cheap “fix” for memory leaks. It’s just crappy programming. I’m a developer and my sw is used in production where it can’t just be rebooted every day so I know my share of those problems. It’s more difficult to do it properly rather then rebooting but dashcams are just not very well made yet.

Unnecessary formats I’d avoid, reboots at least once a day I recommend.
Thank you for the clarification. My brother used to be a developer about 12 years ago. I never understood why he stopped. He loved it, but I guess his passion changed.

Damnit. And I just bought a SanDisk extreme plus 128 gig card on sale for $30. I'll return it to best buy and stick with my Samsung Evo 128 gig card that's working fine in my 750 for now until I can get a good deal on a high endurance card that's recommended. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
I know both my 750S's failed but they started to fail with overpriced BlackVue cards. I bought 64Gb Lexar High Performance cards and they worked, albeit with the same fault as with the BlackVue cards

There's nothing wrong with non-high endurance cards and some have been proven to work well. From a cost perspective you can purchase 1 high endurance card to 3 non-high endurance cards (price checked 128GB Samsung Evo Select ($19.99) against 128GB Samsung Pro Endurance(54.99)). I'd rather purchase 3 cards and have 2 backups than 1 card. I recently had a high endurance card fail very early in its write cycles so all cards can fail early.
Exactly. I see no point in paying $55 for a card when a $20 one will do the same job. I use Evo cards with security cams for two straight years without any problem whatsoever. I would also argue you dont need a 128GB card as a 64GB will suffice if you are a daily commuter and don't do long drives. Whats the point? Are you gonna review every detail of the 128GB? Its to capture outlier events only not to view full footage of your drive or parking. Your a fool not to take advantage of the BF sales on cards and a bigger fool not to just go with the lower priced card. IMO Samsung is much more reliable than SanDisk too.

Exactly. I see no point in paying $55 for a card when a $20 one will do the same job. I use Evo cards with security cams for two straight years without any problem whatsoever. I would also argue you dont need a 128GB card as a 64GB will suffice if you are a daily commuter and don't do long drives. Whats the point? Are you gonna review every detail of the 128GB? Its to capture outlier events only not to view full footage of your drive or parking. Your a fool not to take advantage of the BF sales on cards and a bigger fool not to just go with the lower priced card. IMO Samsung is much more reliable than SanDisk too.
Lol, I'm one of those knuckle heads that has several 128gb sd cards. I have a bunch of 32gb, 64gb, 128gb and 256gb cards that are both from SanDisk and Samsung all were purchased at a discount or on BF. I've never had a problem with either brand. I recently took advantage of the BF sales and ordered a 400gb SanDisk card ($80) to use in my sg9663dc which has been tested by SG and found to be reliable. Anytime a sale comes up for sd cards I'm somewhat compelled to purchase a couple just like I do with dashcams. I love this hobby.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wRRM DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 25
Back