Which brand 128GB for DR750-2ch?

Lol, I'm one of those knuckle heads that has several 128gb sd cards. I have a bunch of 32gb, 64gb, 128gb and 256gb cards that are both from SanDisk and Samsung all were purchased at a discount or on BF. I've never had a problem with either brand. I recently took advantage of the BF sales and ordered a 400gb SanDisk card ($80) to use in my sg9663dc which has been tested by SG and found to be reliable. Anytime a sale comes up for sd cards I'm somewhat compelled to purchase a couple just like I do with dashcams. I love this hobby.
Give away some of the lower capacity ones that don't fit you needs! IMO, two 400 GB cards and you can buy another camera. What is a 400 GB gonna do for you that a 64GB isn't? An accident, god forbid, or break-in, only lasts a few minutes max. I would argue 32GB is sufficient. You are better off seeing if you can use it for your smartphone.

Give away some of the lower capacity ones that don't fit you needs! IMO, two 400 GB cards and you can buy another camera. What is a 400 GB gonna do for you that a 64GB isn't? An accident, god forbid, or break-in, only lasts a few minutes max. I would argue 32GB is sufficient. You are better off seeing if you can use it for your smartphone.
I think people are missing the point. If a card is not deemed to be suitable for use with a particular brand of camera would you really want to take a chance? If you had an accident and the card had failed you would be wishing you bought an MLC card instead of your cheap TLC card. Dashcam manufacturers recommend MLC cards for a reason. And a point to using larger cards, they will last longer because there are less rewrites.

So to all that use cheap TLC cards - I hope you don't have an accident but if you do, I hope your card doesn't fail! You have been warned.

I think people are missing the point. If a card is not deemed to be suitable for use with a particular brand of camera would you really want to take a chance? If you had an accident and the card had failed you would be wishing you bought an MLC card instead of your cheap TLC card. Dashcam manufacturers recommend MLC cards for a reason. And a point to using larger cards, they will last longer because there are less rewrites.

So to all that use cheap TLC cards - I hope you don't have an accident but if you do, I hope your card doesn't fail! You have been warned.

All great points and non debatable IMO. Caveat being the "cheap" cards are not good enough for intended purpose. I don't wish bad things upon anyone.

What a load of crap I have been using 5 different model BV cameras since 2012 and have NEVER had problems either with cards or cameras using them.

I use Sandisk ( Oh dear woe is me ) and Samsung cards with out problems

So I suggest you really dont know too much as using expressions like "reconfiguring" just shows your ignorance.

Stick to what you know and it isnt giving advice on here

Only use Blackvue memory SD cards in Blackvue cameras.

So why would you spend loads of $$ on a 750 when a much cheaper dashcam would have done the job?
I didn't. I bought a Viofo. It does the job according to many on this forum so I took the advice along with other corrporating reviews and purchased one. I also bought a Samsung Evo card. 128GB only because it was on sale. Otherwise 64GB would have been adequate IMO.

I do give away my SD cards along with dash cams to family members. A 16gb card is sufficient, but with a much higher frequency of read/write cycles which we all know shortens the life of a card along with excessive heat. My theory, and I could be completely wrong here, but with a higher capacity card you're looking at far less read/write cycles possibly extending the life of the card. Granted, not all cards are 100% guaranteed to work. Even high endurance cards can be a faulty, but I've never had a bad card so I suspect a faulty card isn't the norm. Anyway, it's my camera(s) and sd cards and the capacity card I buy and what to do with that card is my choosing. :)

What a load of crap I have been using 5 different model BV cameras since 2012 and have NEVER had problems either with cards or cameras using them.

I use Sandisk ( Oh dear woe is me ) and Samsung cards with out problems

So I suggest you really dont know too much as using expressions like "reconfiguring" just shows your ignorance.

Stick to what you know and it isnt giving advice on here
Have you looked at the label on the box? Might just be marketing hype but at £350 to £430 for the DR750S-2CH and £500 to £680 for the DR900S-2CH I certainly wouldn't take the chance. (Prices from www.blackvue.uk)

Attachments

• _20181207_130118.JPG
    _20181207_130118.JPG
    267.3 KB · Views: 21
Funny thing is ( for me at least ) all the memory cards i have owned and that have failed frighting fast have all been the expensive high end cards from Trancend - Kingston - PNY
Some of them even packed it in before i got to fill the 64Gb card one time.
BUT ! the replacements i have gotten have all performed normal as one would expect.
What i am trying to say is, yes you can get a dud card, the difference is how you are treated trying to get the card replaced, and here i had all good experiences.
One local store even RMA the same cheap Kingston card for me several times with some months in between.
The cheap cards of which i have had a lot too, well of course they have all died some day, but none of then as fast as i have experienced with some much more expensive high end / speed cards.

Unsure if they work in the BV cameras, but you could get a Western Digital purple memory card that like their purple hard drives are made for surveillance / 24/7 use ( also in dashcams as far as i know )
But the price for those here in Denmark are 2 X of other alternatives in the same size.
https://www.westerndigital.com/products/embedded-removable-flash/surveillance-sd-microsd

With a modern dashcam that give a alarm if it encounter a failure i would not be too worried about using lesser memory cards, but easy for me to say as i have plenty of replacement cards at hand should one go sour.
I do recommend having a spare memory card in the car just in case,,,,,,, at least if you are a dashcam addict and like me have plenty of cameras and so failure points in the car.

BV are of course something of a conundrum with their insistence of using their own memory cards and being flaky with some memory cards, that alone are why i would never consider a product of theirs.

Last edited:
I do give away my SD cards along with dash cams to family members. A 16gb card is sufficient, but with a much higher frequency of read/write cycles which we all know shortens the life of a card along with excessive heat. My theory, and I could be completely wrong here, but with a higher capacity card you're looking at far less read/write cycles possibly extending the life of the card. Granted, not all cards are 100% guaranteed to work. Even high endurance cards can be a faulty, but I've never had a bad card so I suspect a faulty card isn't the norm. Anyway, it's my camera(s) and sd cards and the capacity card I buy and what to do with that card is my choosing. :)
Aight. More power to you! IMO, a Yugo will take you to the same place as a Bentley. The extra cash can be invested!

Aight. More power to you! IMO, a Yugo will take you to the same place as a Bentley. The extra cash can be invested!
And my mineral rights yield a higher payout monthly over all my combined real estate investments. Your point?

It is a nightmare finding a MLC card here. The shops just try to sell you a card they have. When I asked if they are MLC they ask what is MLC.

It is a nightmare finding a MLC card here. The shops just try to sell you a card they have. When I asked if they are MLC they ask what is MLC.

It makes sense. Unless it’s the owner, whoever is working as front staff isn’t making enough $ to research memory card architecture.

Especially now with “3d” chips.. 3D TLC nand should be more realiable than the old MLC. It doesn’t help either that most manufacturers don’t release information stating what kind of nand the card is made from and if it’s 3d or not.

Thanks to all for your recommendations.

Decided to go for Lexar High-Performance 633x 128GB and managed to grab it for £25.00 reduced from around £50.00. Had it for a week now on continuous record & park mode. Has been flawless. Not a single issue so far. Had to format the card first via the dash-cam operation.

If anyone looking for one - price has gone down again to £25.00.

Clicky here

Picked up a Samsung PRO Endurance for my 750S, should I format it in the camera or on the computer with the BV Viewer?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wRRM DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 25
Back