Power magic EZ

r4d4r

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Well this looks interesting..., great idea by Blackvue!

Attachments

• power_magic_EZ.jpg
    power_magic_EZ.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 62
Should be out soon too!

So what's the difference between this and the 'old' PMP?

No use to me, my bi-modal exhaust is run from the OBD port.

Unless they include a pass thru gadget for the OBD port it will not be of much use to a lot of folk.

So what's the difference between this and the 'old' PMP?

It simply plugs directly into your vehicles OBD (on board diagnostic plug) that all vehicles have, saving the cost of some 'installer' charging you a few hundred bucks to hard wire the camera.
Mike

No use to me, my bi-modal exhaust is run from the OBD port.
You can find ODBII Y-splitters on Amazon. While they won't work in all scenarios, since this is just tapping power, it may work.

It simply plugs directly into your vehicles OBD (on board diagnostic plug) that all vehicles have, saving the cost of some 'installer' charging you a few hundred bucks to hard wire the camera.
Mike

Wish my car still had the OBDII port. This is a pretty cool solution for sure.

Hi I currently have the battery b112 powering my dash cam which I’m currently haven problems with my question is will the power machine ez do everything that the battery b112 dose ie records when driving and parking …? please many thanks as I’m not that tech minded

Yes.
Except that the cam will get its supply from your car battery instead of the B112's battery, thus tend to run it down a bit. It does however have a low voltage detection protection that will switch off the camera if the car battery drops below 12V, thus preventing deep discharge of the car battery.

What is the problem that you have with the B112 anyway?

Thanks for ur reply I got the battery pack as I don’t want to drain the car battery my black vue 650s 2 ch keeps restarting it self anout every 20 minutes ish amazon sent new dash cam out as I thought it was that but it still happens so it must be the battery box but its out of warranty tho was thinking it could be the wires that are dodgy tried to google it but nothing any help will help thanks

Is it restarting whilst driving or when parked?
If the restart happens when driving, just plug the cam into the ciggy socket and see if it still restarts.

When you got the replacement, did you use the new or old power cable?

It happens while driving and it’s plugled into ciggy socket at all times and yes the dash cam and wires are new that’s why I think it’s the wires connecting battery box to cam

I meant plug the cam direct into the ciggy socket on the car, thus bypassing the B112 and see if it still does it. If it doesn't that indicates that there is something wrong with the B112

ok will try that as now going out many thanks for ur help will let u no how i got on

Is this available outside the US yet can't seem to find for sale in the UK.

Does anyone already have experience with the Power magic EZ? With my Porsche Macan from 2018 the Parking Mode doesn't work. Everything works in normal operation. Who has already installed and tested the Power magic EZ?

Power magic EZ has its own parking mode (green flashing light). In this mode he goes from switched to continuous power. Exactly this does not work for Porsche vehicles.

Back