22:09:49 - Car turned off
22:09:54 - Parking Mode starts, gap of 5 seconds
22:14:53 - Car turned on
22:14:59 - Normal recording starts, gap of 6 seconds

22:49:57 - Car turned off
22:50:02 - Parking Mode starts, gap of 5 seconds
23:03:36 - Car turned on
23:04:05 - Normal recording starts, gap of 29 seconds

Camera is rebooting on exiting Parking Mode. Why 29 instead of yesterday's 24, because yesterday I had boot-delay off and today it was set to 5 seconds. Heard the chime and subsequently saw the boot screen, heard it yesterday as well but thought it was from the A119.

@viofo Question is, why is it rebooting?

After a few days of use with parking mode, I've noticed the transition to/from ACC/PM on average of around 12 seconds. There were a couple times where it took 30+ sec transition but for the most part it seems to be working pretty good. I've had it set to 5fps time lapse but will be testing on low bitrate mode to see how that stacks up. I'll be interested to see size vs quality of footage vs 5fps time lapse. I'm currently using a 128Gb card and am only getting 2.5-3 days of footage before it loops.

After a few days of use with parking mode, I've noticed the transition to/from ACC/PM on average of around 12 seconds. There were a couple times where it took 30+ sec transition but for the most part it seems to be working pretty good. I've had it set to 5fps time lapse but will be testing on low bitrate mode to see how that stacks up. I'll be interested to see size vs quality of footage vs 5fps time lapse. I'm currently using a 128Gb card and am only getting 2.5-3 days of footage before it loops.

Sometimes it's 6, sometimes 12 and sometimes it reboots (30 seconds), not seeing any pattern.

Are both cameras powered from the same kit?
It could be that battery voltage drops below threshold when starting the car. Try going lower on the voltage switch on the kit and see if it makes a difference.

Both cameras? I do have the Vico-Power Plus and the VIOFO 3 wire kit using the same fuses, don't think that has any bearing on the results though.

Would it be possible to have the car icon and parking mode icon made to black not white on screen, as most driving is in daylight and when I try to test the switch to parking mode I cant see the icons as they are against white sunlight ?
I can modify any ICON you want send me private conversation and firmware version to MOD.

Seems you make a lot of improvements, including activating the hidden features of the cam. Have you considered releasing your own version of the firmware for download among folks here? BTW this has been done with BIOS versions for PCs and firmware for routers by enthusiasts so I say why not for dash cams!

Have you considered releasing your own version of the firmware for download among folks here? BTW this has been done with BIOS versions for PCs and firmware for routers by enthusiasts so I say why not for dash cams!

all his firmwares are available for download, they have their own threads for modified firmwares

Does this parking mode firmware include voltage cutoff? Or will it just run constantly?

Does this parking mode firmware include voltage cutoff? Or will it just run constantly?

with the hardwire kit there's voltage cutoff, that's only on the 129 series though, the 119 series doesn't have the same setup for parking mode

v1.5 and its recording as normal in parking mode, time lapse is set to 5fps but its normal video, using 3 hwk. I have a full 64gb card with just last nights videos! any suggestions, im thinking of trying the mods firmware?

v1.5 and its recording as normal in parking mode, time lapse is set to 5fps but its normal video, using 3 hwk. I have a full 64gb card with just last nights videos! any suggestions, im thinking of trying the mods firmware?
down grade A129 firmware to v1.42 and repeat short Parking Mode Test then update to v1.50 to see difference.

I can't find any info on it,
I know what each mode does ie 2fps 5fps, lowbitrate parking mode etc but what gives the smallest size? and do all options give audio still?

I am using low bitrate recording at the moment which is working good, but wondering if the 2 - 5fps modes are better and might give better file sizes?

Is there analysis of which mode uses the least power? I don’t really mind about storage space but especially overnight or at the weekend where I might not drive the car, I don’t want to run the battery down (even with a voltage limiter I’d rather not keep hitting it)

Last edited:
I know what each mode does ie 2fps 5fps, lowbitrate parking mode etc but what gives the smallest size? and do all options give audio still?

I am using low bitrate recording at the moment which is working good, but wondering if the 2 - 5fps modes are better and might give better file sizes?
I can't remember the bitrates for all the parking mode options, plus some of them keep changing from one FW to another. I think it would be useful to have a reference table.

When comparing bitrates for parking mode it is probably better to use GB/hour.

Just use 5fps, its almost too fast but captures enough to pause and see plates easier. For long term parking 8hr+ use 1fps . the other 2 & 3fps are buggy at the moment. There is a new setting the first one G-sensor event trigger which only records impacts in normal video with sound, all others are no audio.
Currently troubleshooting the Parking Mode firmware, haven't isolated the fail to record issue yet.

Is there analysis of which midenuses thebleast power? I don’t really mind about storage space but especially overnight or at the weekend where I might not drive the car, I don’t want to run the battery down (even with a voltage limiter I’d rather not keep hitting it)
The A129Duo has a new "low power" Parking Mode option, can try that for weekends. I don't recommend any Parking Mode using hardwire kit to vehicle battery in winter temps of below -15C.

Another issue with the 3 wire kit - If I turn the camera off manually by using the Menu/Power button, doesn't power up on starting the car. Anyone else facing this?

Last edited:
Just use 5fps, its almost too fast but captures enough to pause and see plates easier. For long term parking 8hr+ use 1fps . the other 2 & 3fps are buggy at the moment. There is a new setting the first one G-sensor event trigger which only records impacts in normal video with sound, all others are no audio.
Currently troubleshooting the Parking Mode firmware, haven't isolated the fail to record issue yet.

id like to keep audio if possible,

Agree. I've been trying various options and narrowed it down between 5fps and low bitrate. You start to lose too much detail at 3fps and below (license plates, choppy footage, etc). I haven't tried 10fps yet, but I anticipate the file size is negligible to low bitrate, plus you don't have audio. I started to document the file size differences and posted on a different thread here.

My car is parked during work for 8+ hrs at a time and commute time is close to 1 hr each way, camera is off at home in the garage. I get 2-3 days of footage on a 128Gb card.

Agree. I've been trying various options and narrowed it down between 5fps and low bitrate. You start to lose too much detail at 3fps and below (license plates, choppy footage, etc). I haven't tried 10fps yet, but I anticipate the file size is negligible to low bitrate, plus you don't have audio. I started to document the file size differences and posted on a different thread here.

My car is parked during work for 8+ hrs at a time and commute time is close to 1 hr each way, camera is off at home in the garage. I get 2-3 days of footage on a 128Gb card.
I tend to use either 5fps or low bitrate when parked, with a preference for low bitrate since it also has sound. I use a powerbank and manually switch to the 12v socket for driving, so I don't have any issues with the transition between normal and parking modes.

Back