Parking Mode Beta Firmware

Anyone have a quick-glance one page overview of the parking mode settings with descriptions and recommended values? I think it'd be a nice cheat sheet to sticky somewhere.

I turn mine off manually every time I park in my garage at night. When I start the car it starts recording.
Another issue with the 3 wire kit - If I turn the camera off manually by using the Menu/Power button, doesn't power up on starting the car. Anyone else facing this?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Just use 5fps, its almost too fast but captures enough to pause and see plates easier. For long term parking 8hr+ use 1fps . the other 2 & 3fps are buggy at the moment. There is a new setting the first one G-sensor event trigger which only records impacts in normal video with sound, all others are no audio.
Currently troubleshooting the Parking Mode firmware, haven't isolated the fail to record issue yet.

Hi
I use a 3-wire kit, it does not switch to park mode when the ignition is switched off. I've checked the fuse. Could it be a software problem?
I am using V1.5

Last edited:
Hi
I use a 3-wire kit, it does not switch to park mode when the ignition is switched off. I've checked the fuse. Could it be a written problem?
I am using V1.5

You need to plug the power cable into the camera, not the GPS mount.

OK, but you still need to power the camera directly. It will not work when powering through the mount. Double check your connections. BATT (red) wire need to go to an always one fuse and the ACC (yellow) wire need to go to a fuse that only has power with accessories on or car is running.

Will parking mode not work at all if powered through the GPS or I thought from what I read it just uses a different way to trigger it. If it has to be directly plugged into the unit does that mean the GPS is useless if wanting to also use parking mode? I am using DCTeam modified firmware btw.

Will parking mode not work at all if powered through the GPS or I thought from what I read it just uses a different way to trigger it. If it has to be directly plugged into the unit does that mean the GPS is useless if wanting to also use parking mode? I am using DCTeam modified firmware btw.
GPS will work either way.
If you plug power into the mount, then the original parking mode based on movement and speed will be used (it waits 5 minutes before entering parking mode this way). If your using the 3-wire hardwire kit and you want the camera to instantly transition to parking mode when the car is shut off, then you need to power the camera directly.

Does the 3 wire kit need both ACC and BATT (along with ground obviously) in order for the A129 to turn on when plugged into the camera? Just wondering.

Does the 3 wire kit need both ACC and BATT (along with ground obviously) in order for the A129 to turn on when plugged into the camera? Just wondering.
Yes

After a few days of use with parking mode, I've noticed the transition to/from ACC/PM on average of around 12 seconds. There were a couple times where it took 30+ sec transition but for the most part it seems to be working pretty good. I've had it set to 5fps time lapse but will be testing on low bitrate mode to see how that stacks up. I'll be interested to see size vs quality of footage vs 5fps time lapse. I'm currently using a 128Gb card and am only getting 2.5-3 days of footage before it loops.

Hi
Are you using park mode off?
Is this setting like this?
Time lapse shooting + motion sensor ?

When does VIOFO plan to release the 6-8 connector version of the A129 GPS mount for the new Hardwire Kit voltage signals ? The clean straight cable hookups from GPS mount are why customers want them, once customers realize Parking Mode doesn't work from GPS mount they'll buy another brand.
Lets have another guessing game on when V2 backplate and V2 GPS mount arrive.

When does VIOFO plan to release the 6-8 connector version of the A129 GPS mount for the new Hardwire Kit voltage signals ? The clean straight cable hookups from GPS mount are why customers want them, once customers realize Parking Mode doesn't work from GPS mount they'll buy another brand.
Lets have another guessing game on when V2 backplate and V2 GPS mount arrive.

Ideally you'd want both the power and rear cam to be connected to the mount, eliminating cable fuss when detaching camera...

Back